HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Car went bang yesterday!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

Car went bang yesterday!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:19

Driving up to see me grandad yesterday a few cars and a clapped out transit were holding me back doing 25 on a 60mph road up consett so I thought Fook it! Dropped to 3rd and proceeded to overtake them all at a legal speed of course lol revs were upto 6500rpm and then there was a load bang and the car lost all power and slowed right down, first thought in me head was I should have listened to everyone saying don't take the car over 400bhp it'll go bang lol, I limped it to be grandads and went straight for a look at the turbo as I thought it had let go, ended up down at Gavs with its and thank Fook it's and sti with removable fog light cover were one of the clips had came loose on the front mount and blew the pipe off! I was the happiest man on earth when it turned out to be something as daft as that but can fairly say me heart was in my mouth when it went bang! It was like a gunshot!!! And a Subaru without a turbo is completely wank like but mint on fuel hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sid

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:24

lmao i can just picture ur face when it happned lmfao cause mine would of been same thank fook it turned out to be nout though phew!!
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:25

Just had knot in me stomach and the amount of f's that came out my mouth in a 10 second period was unreal haha
Back to top Go down
Sid

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:27

there is nothin worse than when ur driving along and u hear a clonk or bang cause the first thing that goes through ya head is oh fook me engines gone lol
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:32

On the upside though had a bit play with a 59 plate m3 yesterday ya should have seen the look on his face when he realised his 35k toy couldn't get away lol
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:41

Ha ha ha, that happened to me when I had my silver classic running around 420bhp on a standard engine!!!

I propper shit myself lol!
Back to top Go down
Sid

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:44

eye there is nothing better than showing flash exspenive cars up,i like to go after porsches me self as i hate them with a vengance cause they always drive with sun shades on even when its lashing down and nearly dark.
Back to top Go down
Sid

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:45

how long did it last jonny from when u got it to that hp?
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySun 23 Dec - 17:59

Sid wrote:
how long did it last jonny from when u got it to that hp?

It did that power for 6k miles but the engine only had 32k on before I started tuning it(back in 2002), then the new owner took it up to 437hp and it did a ring land after around 500 miles, it was running methanol at @ 25% by then though.

Car went bang yesterday!!!! Pbucket

Car went bang yesterday!!!! Pbucket
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptySun 23 Dec - 18:50

simliar thing happened to me when i had my old s14, blew the hose off the front mount and as it limped along i thought what a tosser. then pulled over sorted it and drove like a bitch for a few days haha
Back to top Go down
martyp1970

martyp1970

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptyMon 24 Dec - 10:01

Bigclarky wrote:
Driving up to see me grandad yesterday a few cars and a clapped out transit were holding me back doing 25 on a 60mph road up consett so I thought Fook it! Dropped to 3rd and proceeded to overtake them all at a legal speed of course lol revs were upto 6500rpm and then there was a load bang and the car lost all power and slowed right down, first thought in me head was I should have listened to everyone saying don't take the car over 400bhp it'll go bang lol, I limped it to be grandads and went straight for a look at the turbo as I thought it had let go, ended up down at Gavs with its and thank Fook it's and sti with removable fog light cover were one of the clips had came loose on the front mount and blew the pipe off! I was the happiest man on earth when it turned out to be something as daft as that but can fairly say me heart was in my mouth when it went bang! It was like a gunshot!!! And a Subaru without a turbo is completely wank like but mint on fuel hahaha

I bet the transit driver thought he owned you after that haha,
Apparently he now has a sticker of a WRblue scooby on his door with a x through it now and a big smile on his face lol.
Please it was just the pipe mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptyMon 24 Dec - 10:22

Jesus Clarky, bet the old shi*e pipe went bang along with the intercooler pipe! lol! lol!

I hope that never happens to me, I'm too old for that kind of fright Laughing

So glad it was something simple and that you came out in one piece

Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptyMon 24 Dec - 16:44

As Mario says & with ya wallet intact! That's definitely your Xmas pressie!
With that clip now secured it may even give ya a few more horsies....quick, get it on the rollers!

Pleased it was nowt in the end, heart stopping times for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rick-thornton-photography.com
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptyMon 24 Dec - 19:06

I would of more than likely got out and started kicking it causing more damage.. Glad it turned out to be nowt there's no better feeling than realising its only goin to cost about 20p ooossshhh..
Back to top Go down
EJ22 GAV

EJ22 GAV

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptyMon 24 Dec - 19:48

cost him fook all natalie, the pikey fjucker haha
Back to top Go down
John h

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptyMon 24 Dec - 20:34

Know that feeling when there's that big bang from then engine bay .

Dip the clutch and look in the mirror for any bits of engine /oil on the road behind you !

Then to find out it's only an intercooler pipe blown off , thank God for that and I'm not exactly religious !

If it's a steel intercooler pipe then a run of weld on the outside of the pipe gives the silicone connectors jubilee clips something to bire into .

Alternatively . if it's either a steel or aluminium I/C pipe then using a centre punch on the inside of the I/C pipe a series of points around the end about a 1/4 inch from the end works well .

Stops a Christmas heart attack , LOL !

John H

Back to top Go down
John h

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptyMon 24 Dec - 20:44

Forgot to add , I recommend replacing any Jubilee style clips with the Mikalor style clamps . They can be tightened a lot more . A local stockist for thes is Linden in Newton Aycliffe .

Hope this helps .

John
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! EmptyMon 24 Dec - 21:34

been there a few times with the good old blown off pipe Laughing Laughing

av now got into the habit ov looking into the rear view mirror, and if a see lots ov white smoke affraid affraid

= melted piston

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car went bang yesterday!!!!   Car went bang yesterday!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Car went bang yesterday!!!!
Page 1 of 1