HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
StickT

StickT

Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Feb - 21:50

A fair few people on here can do all the worm you require but the remap has to be doen by some-one with skill and know how.

I use AndyF, good mapper and explains things when out mapping with you,
Back to top Go down
Kato

Kato

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Feb - 23:54

Im wanting to use Andy F when we get enough people so get your stuff fitted by one of the lads on here and lets get a group mapping day sorted
Back to top Go down
dazer_70

dazer_70

PostSubject: eclipse   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb - 0:03

Ditto for the above.....don't do it.......had a 2nd hand screen fitted that came with an eclipse tax disc holder.. affraid affraid ...needless to say i held a ritual burning.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
lee

lee

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb - 0:23

sMoggY06_WRX wrote:
Really???

Can they REALLY be that bad??? They have project cars on their website!! 500bhp impreza....u can't accidently build a car like that!!

if you didn't know what you were doing it would have destroyed itself before getting it to 500bhp.

so who will fit a downpipe, turbo, a fuel pump and do a full service(except cambelt) and remap the car then valet it....anyone local lol? Want it to be done quickly as I work away for weeks at time.

Pmsl that would be my 500bhp car they still adverstising

I don't really have to say anything here lol
Back to top Go down
lee

lee

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb - 0:25

<<<<<< just noticed me eclipse performance special pmsl
Back to top Go down
mousey

mousey

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb - 7:09

Epic thread

That's all I have on that one for now Smile)
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb - 7:34

lee wrote:
sMoggY06_WRX wrote:
Really???

Can they REALLY be that bad??? They have project cars on their website!! 500bhp impreza....u can't accidently build a car like that!!

if you didn't know what you were doing it would have destroyed itself before getting it to 500bhp.

so who will fit a downpipe, turbo, a fuel pump and do a full service(except cambelt) and remap the car then valet it....anyone local lol? Want it to be done quickly as I work away for weeks at time.

Pmsl that would be my 500bhp car they still adverstising

I don't really have to say anything here lol

So, the 500bhp car they're advertising, isn't even 400bhp?

By the cut of your post, I take it you used Eclipse to start with? Then someone else?
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb - 7:55

No lee bought the car I think from them already done ,and n had to go down a big slippery slope from then on to put it right
Back to top Go down
coldflame90

coldflame90

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb - 8:36

from reading the threads on here and speaking to people in the know i suggest you stay clear of eclipse..... unless you want to pay for cheaply..... then it breaks and then take it to one of the forum boys..... id rather just go straight to one of the forum boys.... for me its andy kindon had work done by him before and he was excellent explains everything and didnt get annoyed by the constant question asking i had and was really informative
Back to top Go down
lee

lee

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb - 9:21

As drew said I bought the car already done, had 20k in receipts with an engine build costing £7500, day I got it ran like a bag of shit in the end found that the fuel pump and injectors needed replacing, so changed them got it mapped then to find out it used more oil then fuel, then few hundred miles later the engine let go, read the de eclipsing thread on here mate they is more

Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb - 9:35

There you go Dean, as predicted, 3 pages of replies and advice in very quick succession. Actual experiences not just opinions with out the fact. Hopefully this provides food for thought allowing you to make an informed decision as to the future of your pride and joy.
Look before you leap Wink
Back to top Go down
Kato

Kato

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb - 9:59

If you need any help making that decision, after reading the lads opinions on here im now qualified -

dont do it.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb - 10:59

No not another one no if you fancy buying a new car go for it
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Feb - 12:18

if Andy k or drew ect ect on here cant do job fast enough for you and you fancy a little drive to whingate give the gtr shop a bell and ask Dave what they do at theres iv used them before they do a lot of jap cars mostly skylines think number is in a very early post in this section. no harm in asking.
Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Feb - 15:35

There was a lad in seaham selling subaru's from his house ... He advertised them in auto trader..
Every car he sold had the same power output..
Apparently he bought them took them to eclipse they fitted a msnual boost to them and then this guy passed them off as mapped.
Eclipse knew what he was doing but continued the supply..even putting "mapped by eclipse" decals on the car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Feb - 16:08

We bought our red classic from Ken in Seaham and although he did have it decal'd up by eclipse and looked over by them it didn't have a manual boost on it (Jonny fitted mine for me) and never claimed it to have been mapped/tuned at all.

Ken did deal in alot of Subaru's buying and selling from his house but must say it was all above board to our knowlege.
Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Feb - 17:29

I went with a freind to see one of his cars with a mate. Never bought it..
Went back 3 weeks latet with a lad from work who had contacted him to ser a car..
When we got there he was saying hed had the car 6 months and he didnt sell them.

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Feb - 17:45

He was listed as a trader on Autotrader when we bought the classic Keith - think the Company name he went under was TCL or TCC but his name was Ken Very Happy

I even bought a 206cc from him a bit afterwards .. hated it lol .. was like being on a skateboard lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steviechi

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jul - 23:56

Hi all,

I just joined the forum a few days ago but too late for this advice....

I got an Impreza in November last year after wanting one for years.....

Got all the bits for a 370bhp (it a WRX) but first wanted clutch and timing belt done along with few other bits...

Will post pics on here in the next few days of the parts fitted but basically

Recommended I go for lightweight flywheel, exedy clutch, timing belt kit, etc...
1) Took week longer than planned because 'they were supplied the wrong clutch' (even though they claim to fit 100's per year should have realised some thing is up here...
1) Clutch fitted with initial warning 'bitting point high and some judder' but will sort itself out in 500 miles.
WRONG TYPE OF CLUTCH FITTED FOR ROAD CAR - SHOULLD HAVE USED EXEDY -H1 ANTI JUDDER
2) Clutch failed after 200 miles - lack of drive
Subaru garage adjusted clutch correctly and got some drive back but not perfect
Return spring not fitted
Clutch pedal adjustment totally wrong
(amusingly Eclipse say there is no adjustment on the clutch at all... maybe they should speak to Subaru)

3) Booked in to Eclipse (FW) and surprise they didn't have the parts so I picked up the old flywheel (which turned out to be OK) to have it re-faced and used instead of the lightweight one.
4) Clutch failed again in the snow
Eclipse (FW) told me to get car towed back to Sunderland (from Durham) and then they would strip the car and see if any parts were faulty and they would claim on the part manufacturers warranty (which turned out to be illegal - they are responsible since they fitted)
5) By this time I had some Eclipse warning from many different places (Scoobynet, TTS, Other local garages) Had car stripped down by local garage and
a) Flywheel had highspots on it size of a house
b) Clutch cover and plate didn't match - on was rusty (2 months old)
c) Lot numbers didn't match the part numbers from the boxes they gave (not supplying parts as described)
d) Damage to engine locating lugs
e) Timing belt almost worn through due to incorrect fitting.

Since I went elsewhere to get the crap sorted out Eclipse simply said I need to return my car to them for investigation (even though parts were no longer fitted)

So bye bye £1400 .....

Got competent garage to fit correct clutch (H1 type) and other bits and pieces - and now I'm happy owner of sportscat equipped 370bhp wagon Smile

If anyone does get this far in the thread

'FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE DRIVE AWAY FAST AND SPEND YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE'

Then they said because I went
Back to top Go down
dazer_70

dazer_70

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Jul - 0:20

Don't do it fella i wouldn't let them loose on a wheelbarow.....
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Jul - 8:45

Mate they are shite as u no now !

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Jul - 11:16

Why do people get work carried out....THEN research the garage?

How eclipse are in business is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Jul - 14:53

Cause there will be lads out there who start off like all of us have and not knowing the score.. And they advertise in total impreza so at first impression would be "o they must be good they in total impreza"

Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Jul - 15:11

Youve probably got it spot on their Byers. If you are a forum member and arent familiar with google searches, you can land yourselves in all sorts of bother. We certainly are fortunate in that respect.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Jul - 15:18

Mate that car on hear a lad bought let just say he spent a hell of lot of money on it after he bought it

Oh my god look like another project build coming soon lol

Mine was done there on my old scooby let just say It was diffrent lol

Then A reall mapper sorted it month later

contact gipa mate mapping day coming on 17th Andy Forrest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland   Should I use eclipse performance in  Sunderland - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I use eclipse performance in Sunderland
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next