HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Helix clutch ???

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
atwrx

atwrx

Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 8:29

Apparently the new design doesn't have judder and the people that are complaining about their new clutches being shite have been sold the old design by people clearing their stock and/or not having a clue what they're doing. That is a quote from someone, not my opinion, so sorry if anyone is offended by that.

It's just what I've been told, so just relaying info, however, I don't think that one is the pink box clutch, is it? If you take a look on their website, they've got pink box clutches listed as such.
http://www.superhids.co.uk/clutches-and-lightweight-flywheels/subaru-impreza.html
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 8:35

The new design anti judder lol organic/pink still judder's
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 8:36

atwrx wrote:
Apparently the new design doesn't have judder and the people that are complaining about their new clutches being shite have been sold the old design by people clearing their stock and/or not having a clue what they're doing. That is a quote from someone, not my opinion, so sorry if anyone is offended by that.

It's just what I've been told, so just relaying info, however, I don't think that one is the pink box clutch, is it? If you take a look on their website, they've got pink box clutches listed as such.
http://www.superhids.co.uk/clutches-and-lightweight-flywheels/subaru-impreza.html

It's definitely a pink box mate as it states in this thread with pictures to prove

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/970943-heads-up-great-special-price-on-exedy-pink-box-anti-judder-on-camskill.html
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 8:44

drew@drewsautos wrote:

Fair enough, just what I've been told that's all. Tom at RCM reckons they don't and he had a few different clutches to sell.

What would you recommend Drew? Something that doesn't cost the earth tho.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 9:00

atwrx wrote:
drew@drewsautos wrote:

Fair enough, just what I've been told that's all. Tom at RCM reckons they don't and he had a few different clutches to sell.

What would you recommend Drew? Something that doesn't cost the earth tho.

What power are you going for, the 2ltr does not have nowhere near the torque of a 2.5ltr so I would of thought the standard excedy would of been ok, I'm running one in my remapped hawk and so is drew without problems.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 11:18

Apparently the pink exedy clutch or simply organic exedy as its now known is fine as long as you either a) get your flywheel skimmed or even better b) fit a lightened flywheel.

I spoke to Mario about his clutch and he said he dont like it because it has a very small engagement point bit there is no judder (because andy kindon fitted a skimmed flywheel)

I am currently trying to get Aztec performance to do a deal package on a pink clutch and lightened flywheel for myself and maybe atwrx if your interested in buying one next week Smile
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 11:51

natski wrote:
Apparently the pink exedy clutch or simply organic exedy as its now known is fine as long as you either a) get your flywheel skimmed or even better b) fit a lightened flywheel.

I spoke to Mario about his clutch and he said he dont like it because it has a very small engagement point bit there is no judder (because andy kindon fitted a skimmed flywheel)

I am currently trying to get Aztec performance to do a deal package on a pink clutch and lightened flywheel for myself and maybe atwrx if your interested in buying one next week Smile

They are cheaper on that link I posted on the last page than Aztec performance Natski
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 12:13

I'm going for over 400, hoping for around 410-430, so should have similar torque figures too.

Good to hear the standard clutches handle the power/torque you're putting out, I'm just going to see how my clutch copes once the car is sorted, I'm just preparing for the worst so I don't have the car off the road for long if it can't handle the power.

Natski, I've asked similar to Aztec, however, as above, I'm not in the situation where I need one yet, I was just asking.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 15:29

Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 17:40

I'm going to ring Alyn on Monday for a price on an ACT clutch. Also see what he says about flywheel options and also ask him for a price and timescale on fitting. I want my clutch sorting out ASAP and I also want my car back the same day.
Back to top Go down
JSTi

JSTi

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 19:58

I put an Exedy pink box clutch on the back end of last year with a freshly skimmed flywheel. No complaints from me, drives very nicely and can cope with the power fine.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 20:03

Yea it seems the key to a judder free exedy is a skimmed flywheel. I'm glad I canceled the helix clutch now Very Happy
Going to give Andy Kindon a call on Monday I'm sure Mario said he has skimmed flywheels ready for part exchange and I'm confident he will be able to fit me a clutch very quickly too Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 21:26

natski wrote:
Yea it seems the key to a judder free exedy is a skimmed flywheel. I'm glad I canceled the helix clutch now Very Happy
Going to give Andy Kindon a call on Monday I'm sure Mario said he has skimmed flywheels ready for part exchange and I'm confident he will be able to fit me a clutch very quickly too Smile

Correct mate - he keeps a stock of skimmed flywheels and he will exchange yours for one of his skimmed ones ;-)
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 21:36

Excellent I will get a clutch sorted out and give him a call I will also have to arrange it with you Mario just to make sure your bloody car is not in the way at the time lmfao Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 21:41

natski wrote:
Excellent I will get a clutch sorted out and give him a call I will also have to arrange it with you Mario just to make sure your bloody car is not in the way at the time lmfao Very Happy

PMSL - not gonna be there for the next 2 months anyway bud from this Thursday
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 22:06

So I take it your saving up for something very expensive then with it not being in for two whole months Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 22:08

natski wrote:
So I take it your saving up for something very expensive then with it not being in for two whole months Smile

No mate - my knee operation is this Thursday and I will not be able to walk for 2 months at least, so car will be off road. Mate is taking it away to refurb alloys and bodywork paint.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 22:14

On yea shit sorry buddy I forgot about the knee op.. Hope it goes well Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr - 22:17

natski wrote:
On yea shit sorry buddy I forgot about the knee op.. Hope it goes well Very Happy

Cheers mate - i'll see you on the other side!!! ....close to NBO!!!
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Apr - 16:39

Well I have finally decided what I'm doing with the clutch. As many of you know I have had a right carry on with my HSD coilovers from Driftworks and they have now got my camber plates in stock and are going to put a nice exedy organic (pink box) clutch in with them for cost price. Can't argue with that, now all I need is someone who can fit them both in a day lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Apr - 18:50

Hey Mario, if you want to keep the car moving, just pop it round anytime you like....I'll happily look after it for you.... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Apr - 19:55

atwrx wrote:
Hey Mario, if you want to keep the car moving, just pop it round anytime you like....I'll happily look after it for you.... Wink

I am sure she would be well looked after Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helix clutch ???   Helix clutch ??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Helix clutch ???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2