North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Thinking of buying a Classic Again

Go down 
+4
natski
leeandjude
Marshffs
steve51
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steve51

steve51

Thinking of buying a Classic Again Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 14:47

Just got my Bug/Blob back on the road after a year off and can't seem to stop looking at classics but which one would people go for? It will basically be for the same type of money i get for mine so Type R is out of the question
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 16:58

How much is yours worth? Is it P1 money? Go for 1 of them
Back to top Go down
steve51

steve51

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 17:14

Nah mine is a Wrx with extras so not in P1 area so just been looking at older Sti's etc but some nice RA's and well looked after uk turbos, only looking to get in the region of 300 to 340BHp just want something i can work with
Back to top Go down
leeandjude

leeandjude

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 17:17

dont know how much you have but get an STi RA. love the way mine launches! bit noisy without sound deadening but bloody quick even standard!
Back to top Go down
steve51

steve51

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 17:19

Thats what i was looking at and the noise is not a problem you should hear my exhaust
Back to top Go down
leeandjude

leeandjude

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 17:21

lol! welcome to have a ride in mine anytime if you want to see what they are like
Back to top Go down
steve51

steve51

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 18:42

Bit confused about these now lol, Impreza Wrx type ra, Wrx 555 type ra, Sti type ra, didnt realise there was so many types and prices vary massively
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 18:46

Back to top Go down
steve51

steve51

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 19:00

Loads of work gone into that but i think i would prefer something fairly standard so i get stuff done, I get bored easily so better to start standard then at least ive always got room for improvement
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 19:11

That has loads of room for improvement you can spend time and money on getting it tidied up as its a bit shabby Wink
Back to top Go down
leeandjude

leeandjude

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 20:35

go for ver 3 sti ra as they have the most aggresive ecu.
took me ages to find a standard ver 3, good thing is i paid £4500 and they go for more now so no depreciation (apart from engine rebuild! lol)
Back to top Go down
Mariocinq

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 20:41

check out the for sale section mate, nice early classic in there that would make a great base for a project.
Back to top Go down
steve51

steve51

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 20:49

Seen that one and would be a good starting point but decided ive already owned 2 classics and always fancied blue or white so more looking at something like this

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/subaru/impreza-wrx/subaru-wrx-v5-555-ra/1387301
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 21:05

Nice white STI on eBay for £1500 on 96 plate
Back to top Go down
steve51

steve51

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 21:08

been on ebay all day never seen that one
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 21:22

Don't no how to copy link mate soz, just typed subaru impreza WRX STI, bout 5th one on list in white, but read small print?
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 21:41

FOOKIN doin me head in, only offering me twitter/face book and email links, haven't a clue how to copy n paste to this, bid is at £1550 now
Back to top Go down
steve51

steve51

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 21:48

Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 21:52

Aye mate, just couldn't copy link, nice car but bit dodgy., loads of pics, but log book issues, am nee expert on these matters.
Back to top Go down
steve51

steve51

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 21:55

Yeah im watching it to see what happens but that would need an Hpi before money changed hands, looks like the type of thing i might be interested in though
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 22:00

Thought so mate, judging by your post, looks a lovely car, but he seems to be over selling it, but you never know, a bargain may be had.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 23:46

Nice hole in the washer bottle, if he hasn't got the V5 how's he no its reg as a gl. Becareful if insuring a Impreza Wrx or Sti that's reg as a GL cos the boys in blue have been lifting such vehicles if they a wrx or Sti & insured as a gl insurance is void & vehicles have been crushed Surprised
Back to top Go down
steve51

steve51

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyMon 27 May - 23:51

Im not that lucky with cars drew so it would be insured properly and as for changing the washer bottle even i could manage that and anything more technical you get the job anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyTue 28 May - 11:37

Mate I got top spec 1996 sti type ra for under 5k

Thinking of buying a Classic Again Null-5
Thinking of buying a Classic Again Null-4
Back to top Go down
steve51

steve51

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again EmptyTue 28 May - 20:31

Yours is lovely gary and I think it would look even better if you swapped my 17" wheels for yours
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Classic Again   Thinking of buying a Classic Again Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking of buying a Classic Again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next