HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

who would you have map your car and why

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
natski

natski

who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Aug - 22:01

Steviedoo wrote:
natski wrote:
Another vote for Andy Forrest

Here's the reason
who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 11A42B3D-FD58-4D94-B7C9-46400BD6CAC5-5170-0000031263CD7462

Where's Bob Rawles trophies ???

Bobs good but Andy is Andy

We aren't talking about getting a car mapped for the track or drag strip here, we are talking about getting a car mapped for the road.

ECU mapping is for POWER it does not matter where you want to use it.
Track,drag,drift and road settings are determined by chassis ie suspension and tyre setups.

Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Aug - 22:13

Andy for me but hey I haven't had a mapp of bob.. I no one thing I've never heard nothing like mine with the bangs and pops u never no what your going to get

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Aug - 22:25

natski wrote:

Track,drag,drift and road settings are determined by chassis ie suspension and tyre setups.

Sorry but ya wrong, ecu mapping is done to get all electrical, mechanical etc running in harmony with each other, the power gained is a bonus of it, ecu's can also control dccd abs tcs loads other things which can be tuned to driver preference,

There's a lot more to it than power alone
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Aug - 22:52

Bob Rawle always returns phone calls and emails he doesn't turn everything up to 11 especially if your using it everyday and you want a safe map and your car to run sweet but Andy good for a track drag I think that will only get little use he does a more aggressive map I prefer bob coz he's such a nice man (although someone needs to tell him he makes enough money to buy a decent pair of trainers instead of those nikes/hitechs ) and Natski says you can't get hold of Andy and he doesn't return phone calls Iv had mine done off bob twice now and I love it
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Aug - 22:58

Does bob do the esl ones for my car? Cant afford simtek or nowt yet.
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Aug - 23:03

Yes mine is running esl with great results If I was u as I don't know your car if it 99 or above get a a map sensor as the early ones only go to something like 1.25bar mine is running 1.4bar on esl why do u need simtek? Are u wanting launch control/ anti lag ? If you have the esl version 2.0 or newer u can have all that bob has the new esl updates
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Aug - 23:16

I aint sure to be honest mate. Just been reading up on apexi and simtek. I dont want silly power just want car running the mods properly when im finished. How much does he charge? My car is MY1998
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Aug - 23:43

Right first off see if drew got any map sensors or get a 99 map sensor I just can't see see the madness of buying a simtek if u not running a big spec engine the advantage over the apexi is that you can keep a eye on knock on the fc commander but the esl advantage is the price and its newer tech it's totally live 3d mapperble and updates are often made like I said Iv got the old version 1.5 gutted but then I think I'm an idiot in the car so might be good think coz I'd be anti lagging every where lol ooo what injectors u got and get a sard or fuel lab regulator???
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Aug - 5:28

drew@drewsautos wrote:
natski wrote:

Sorry but ya wrong, ecu mapping is done to get all electrical, mechanical etc running in harmony with each other, the power gained is a bonus of it, ecu's can also control dccd abs tcs loads other things which can be tuned to driver preference,

There's a lot more to it than power alone

Maybe it can drew but not all subarus come with all them electronic driver aids mine doesn't
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Aug - 8:39

andybish wrote:
Right first off see if drew got any map sensors or get a 99 map sensor I just can't see see the madness of buying a simtek if u not running a big spec engine the advantage over the apexi is that you can keep a eye on knock on the fc commander but the esl advantage is the price and its newer tech it's totally live 3d mapperble and updates are often made like I said Iv got the old version 1.5 gutted but then I think I'm an idiot in the car so might be good think coz I'd be anti lagging every where lol ooo what injectors u got and get a sard or fuel lab regulator???

Got the standard grey injectors at the min. Dont lnow which injectors to get maybe yellow ones??? Ill have a look at those regulators also
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Aug - 17:39

Iv got yellows and got good power make sure u get the map semsor
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Aug - 17:41

Which map sensor is it? Obviously not a standard 1
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Aug - 18:01

Iv got set yellow up for sale need map senser of think it 97+00  if you have apexi avcr then you won't need one as get 3 bar senser in kit

Or Andy Forrest and Andrew Carr supply them not sure about the others mapper wil have to ask
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Aug - 18:09

I know nowt about, what ill need to get my car mapped. Esl, yellow inj, 3bar map sensor and a better regulator? Is tht it lol. Obviously the mapper will supply the esl
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Aug - 18:10

Buy time you buy apexi fc and get mapped you looking at £700 for old gear unless you get one cheap

So worth paying the extra and going simtek + more option
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Aug - 18:14

I aint bothered about anti lag or nowt just want all my mods working as they should. Cant afford neck on £1000 so ill see if/when i can sort that stuff out and them go for a map.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Aug - 18:15

Depends what power your want mate Injector, map senser of 97 sti -00 , good 3 port boost solinode map
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Aug - 18:17

Mine did 261 with a man boost on. But took it off coz i dont like them. So somewhere around there ill be happy with really. Dont know what it is now since i took that off like. Will drew have all this stuff lol
Back to top Go down
olly*

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Aug - 22:45

Im a trader and have seen cars mapped by andy bob and simon and if i was asked id recommend bob as his customers seem generally more informed and feel they have exactly what the asked for i agree with an earlier post the trophies dont mean anything andy doesnt even run an impreza engine his car is awesome agreed but as an impreza enthusiast id prefer to see it with an impreza engine. I have heard and experienced bad things with cars and customers who have received services from andy carr and simon roe im sure they have many happy customers but i can only tell you what i know im sure youll chose the best option for you
Back to top Go down
lee

lee

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Aug - 20:13

Marietto wrote:
Bob Rawle mapped my car for me. I have never had a map from Andy Forrest so can't comment other than feedback from other members who have had their car mapped by him - every one of them delighted with Andy's mapping. What I can say is that Bob took 2.5 hours with me mapping my car and made sure he understood what my intended use of the car was and put a lot of work into ensuring that the driveability of the car was perfect on both maps. When I got to the mapping session he was fitting my 3 port boost solenoid and checking everything over. During the session he explained absolutely everything he was doing to me in a language I could understand and even had the time to explain how he had run his own forged engine in. He was nothing short of an absolute gentleman. He mapped 5 cars that day and although he had driven up from Swindon (nearly 300 miles) that morning before he started, the 5th car blew off one of it's FMIC pipes and had all sorts of issues. He spent 4.5 hours on that last map of the day making sure it got done properly before having to drive all the way home to Swindon again. That is customer service. Very Happy 

Bob Rawl gets my vote for customer service, really nice bloke and gives you all of his time until the cars right Smile

The 5th car marietto is talking about was mine
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 12:37

olly* wrote:
Im a trader and have seen cars mapped by andy bob and simon and if i was asked id recommend bob as his customers seem generally more informed and feel they have exactly what the asked for i agree with an earlier post the trophies dont mean anything andy doesnt even run an impreza engine his car is awesome agreed but as an impreza enthusiast id prefer to see it with an impreza engine. I have heard and experienced bad things with cars and customers who have received services from andy carr and simon roe im sure they have many happy customers but i can only tell you what i know im sure youll chose the best option for you

If your refering to AndyF he duz run a impreza as a daily car and has done for quiet some time. Hes just sold his white Bugeye/hawkeye converted spec c which he's ran for a few years and he's just bought a Newage wrx wagon a daily driver, I think Andy Carr runs a Audi but has a lot to do with impreza rally cars aswell as road ones
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 13:18

Yip Andys daily hack,lol (WRX Wagon) is running 450, on a GT30 iirc.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 13:51

Trophies mean everything otherwise what's the point in their existence ???

Andy F is the best of the best trophies or not and that's all there is to it..

The last Bob Rawle mapping session arranged by Andy K ended up with 2 out of 5 cars fucked within 3 days..
One had a fucked turbo the other chewed its crankshaft to death.
Sorry but I wouldn't use Bob Rawle ever
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 13:56

drew@drewsautos wrote:
 I think Andy Carr runs a Audi but has a lot to do with impreza rally cars aswell as road ones  

Andy Carr runs about in a naughty black Forester most of the time Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 14:05

Sorry Nat but you are talking mince. You have no personal experience whatsoever of Bob Rawle and you do not know the circumstances around those 2 failures at all. My car was mapped by Bob and you have been in my car and felt bthe rsults for yourself. 7500 miles later and it hasn't missed a beat. Are you telling me that people book on mapping sessions with their cars in pristine condition and all parts in tip top working order? What a load of bollox. You've seen how Bish drives his cars and he presented his to be mapped. Sorry mate but you are slagging off one of the best mappers in the country on bugger all concrete evidence and zero experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

who would you have map your car and why
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Subaru Forum :: General Chat-
Jump to: