North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

who would you have map your car and why

Go down 
+20
olly*
Marshffs
andybish
drew@drewsautos
byers
StickT
maxboost
Jonny Gav
NickSTi
natski
iddysti
Braddaz13
Mid_Life_Crisis
discodaz
Keiffy
atwrx
Steviedoo
garyblake
maca
stevejones
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 14:12

who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 Fight10
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 14:19

What do you mean I don't know the circumstances Mario ?
I know that since Bish first got his car mapped by Bob it has had 3 engines one I paid for myself as you well know.
Loui Herbert's turbo was a brand new one built by Jonny, is that not a pristine condition part ?

Will have to agree to disagree on this one mate cos everyone is entitled to their own opinion are they not ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 14:57

natski wrote:
What do you mean I don't know the circumstances Mario ?
I know that since Bish first got his car mapped by Bob it has had 3 engines one I paid for myself as you well know.
Loui Herbert's turbo was a brand new one built by Jonny, is that not a pristine condition part ?

Will have to agree to disagree on this one mate cos everyone is entitled to their own opinion are they not ?

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion - never suggested otherwise. Are you saying that Bish treats his cars with respect? It wouldn't matter if the Pope mapped Bish's car - he would still blow it up lol! He thrashes th etits off every car he gets - even if he is running it in - he loves it! You know that better than anyone.

Are you also saying that every single car mapped my Andy Forrest has run without issue post-map? I don't know if that's the case so wouldn't dream of assuming it - but making such a stonewall judgement about Bob's mapping skills based on 2 incidents with people you know and given he maps thousand of cars is a bit harsh I would have thought.

Still love you bud I love you but as you said we will just have to agree to disagree on this one Wink 

Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 15:34

I wont post on here but I don't know of any of the major mappers who have not had an engine go bang on them from one time to another, all from mates/horses mouth. I would happily let Andy or Bob map my car when I want it done, but mine's a standard car. We all know what issues/problems you can introduce when you start meddling with an engine/cars setup, so sooner or later some cars will go pop. Its human nature that you only hear about the bad experiences, for every 1 bad experience I'm sure theres 20 good ones. Just make sure your's is one of the good ones. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 17:05

is it not down to driver error over the map though
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 17:21

Has any1 heard of a mapper who runs a company called CNL Re-Mapping?
I believe he works down south somewhere but sometimes calls up the north east every now and them.
Bloke near me said he is brilliant with a ecu and a laptop but obviously its hos opinion.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 17:51

This thread could go back and forward every one like diffrent mapper and as longs as there happy why change if Every one like the same thing life would be boaring
Back to top Go down
olly*

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 18:21

you guys are funny arguing im a mapper and understand the process fully i have plugged cars in mapped by bob and afr boost etc etc are all good well mapped and safe that isnt second hand Chinese whispers thats fact and my comment about andy f was that the car that he wins his trophies in doesnt run an impreza engine i know he does a lot with imprezas but i would prefer him to win the trophies on a modded impreza engine
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 19:21

Are you on another planet or been asleep for the last few years Andys last Impreza was a 4 cylinder 2.4 which was also road going & win more stuff then enough.Hes been there don the modded Impreza engine the latest spec is just the next step up
Back to top Go down
Trev85

Trev85

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 21:53

Here's my view on both mappers lol

I've driven cars that have been mapped by both and both are great mappers in there own way!
If I was to get my own car mapped if I was to use it for drag,track days and fast road I'd go to Andy f
If I was using it as a everyday driver and fast road on weekend etc I'd go for bob!

I ran a 10.9 1/4 I'm Andy gradys car mapped by Andy f which was a first in a newage wiv standard postion turbo (so I've been told) so great result

I also ran a 11.5 in mark reeds type r this weekend running around 430bhp on a standard v3 engine mapped by bob so great result there aswell

So to sum up both great mappers and get great results so you can't go wrong either way!

Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug - 22:06

Yip I agree Trev
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug - 7:03

natski wrote:
Trophies mean everything otherwise what's the point in their existence ???

Andy F is the best of the best trophies or not and that's all there is to it..

The last Bob Rawle mapping session arranged by Andy K ended up with 2 out of 5 cars fucked within 3 days..
One had a fucked turbo the other chewed its crankshaft to death.
Sorry but I wouldn't use Bob Rawle ever
Bob can in no way be held responsible for the turbo failure, as you can see by the photos, an exhaust nut had been left in the headers and had been ingested by the exhaust turbine side of the turbo causing failure

who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 61D545EE-3DCC-4061-9AAE-EB88A2D87DE1-1619-00000175317E026A_zpsc610bc7b

who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 D2324E8A-1120-4816-ABFE-20EA8827630F-1619-000001753CEF69B9_zps0c8f1c43
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug - 7:10

Jonny Gav wrote:
natski wrote:
Trophies mean everything otherwise what's the point in their existence ???

Andy F is the best of the best trophies or not and that's all there is to it..

The last Bob Rawle mapping session arranged by Andy K ended up with 2 out of 5 cars fucked within 3 days..
One had a fucked turbo the other chewed its crankshaft to death.
Sorry but I wouldn't use Bob Rawle ever
Bob can in no way be held responsible for the turbo failure, as you can see by the photos, an exhaust nut had been left in the headers and had been ingested by the exhaust turbine side of the turbo causing failure

who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 61D545EE-3DCC-4061-9AAE-EB88A2D87DE1-1619-00000175317E026A_zpsc610bc7b

who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 D2324E8A-1120-4816-ABFE-20EA8827630F-1619-000001753CEF69B9_zps0c8f1c43
It seems my faith in bob has been restored a little then Very Happy

Andy is still better tho he maps it quicker and costs you less fuel
Smile
Ha
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug - 22:28

AndyF has mapped mine 3 times, he killed it on the last one. He dialled in too much power and it eat my 5 speed gearbox.... What a jolly nice guy.

Would only use AndyF for my maps. I am happy with him so why change Smile
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug - 22:30

StickT wrote:
AndyF has mapped mine 3 times, he killed it on the last one. He dialled in too much power and it eat my 5 speed gearbox.... What a jolly nice guy.

Would only use AndyF for my maps. I am happy with him so why change Smile
As long as you know you deserved it for trying to be a big power 5 speed box hero then that's ok Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug - 22:36

Yeah, it was a chance, pulled well right up until the last little sprint home, it was mapped by then though. 20g turbo power...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug - 22:40

StickT wrote:

I rest my case your honour - case closed - it happens to even the very best Wink[/quote]

Last edited by Marietto on Fri 9 Aug - 22:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug - 22:45

Bein greedy on the 5er really. I have no complaints really, best experience with a man in the passenger seat Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug - 22:46

StickT wrote:
best experience with a man in the passenger seat Smile
I'll take your word for it mate lol! 
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug - 22:48

Don't knock it until you've tried it LOL:lol!: 
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug - 22:56

Ooohh two failed lol! s there ha ha you need to put a space before and after..
And running 20G on a 5 speed box is asking for trouble. I wonder what will happen when GaryBlake fits his 530BHP turbo to his lmfao..

I bet the mod who edited this post thought I wouldn't realise..
Guess what fool you where wrong !!

Last edited by natski on Sun 11 Aug - 19:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug - 22:59

Booooooooooooooom, I have had 3 gearbox now on a Max's out 20g
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Aug - 15:43

For all I have a 6 speed box in mine its still on std wrx internals and will be getting mapped on the 10th of September with a JG20G fitted  lets hope it holds out Laughing 
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Aug - 19:10

It duz my head in a bit people chase power figures with bigger turbos etc on engines that's not designed or won't take it & when it go's tits up they cry at the cost to repair & blame the mapper,
You can't have ya cake n eat it lol rather than twist about the cost etc or buy shite off shitbay & expect it to hold up be reasonable n either spend some money doing it right or don't do it!

You can't run a Impreza on 2 bags of crisps n a giro lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Aug - 19:17

drew@drewsautos wrote:
It duz my head in a bit people chase power figures with bigger turbos etc on engines that's not designed or won't  take it & when it go's tits up they cry at the cost to repair & blame the mapper,
You can't have ya cake n eat it lol rather than twist about the cost etc or buy shite off shitbay & expect it to hold up be reasonable n either spend some money doing it right or don't do it!

You can't run a Impreza on 2 bags of crisps n a giro lol
Couldn't agree more Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who would you have map your car and why   who would you have map your car and why - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

who would you have map your car and why
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Subaru Forum :: General Chat-
Jump to: