HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GIPA

GIPA

Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? Empty
PostSubject: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySun 4 Aug - 18:54

Just had a phone call off my insurance saying highway agency are trying to claim for damaged barriers has anyone had this before ?
been onto the police again and explained wot happened buy there not intrested at all , they put it down to weather conditions but I know that's not the case it wouldn't of happened if the civic didnt pull out in front of me suddenly , anyway is there anything I could do to get out of them claiming , my insurance have asked for a report of wot happened to fight case

Will it just be down to insurance to sort it out ?

Also anyone that's had a claim for it how does it off ect your premium ?

Cheers gipa
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySun 4 Aug - 18:58

Dont think there is anything you can do. If you get insurance with sum1 else, they will know there is a pending claim etc on your old policy. Jus let them deal with it. If it wasnt your fault just tell the insurance when you get quotes. Accident.... Not at fault.
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySun 4 Aug - 19:08

Only way is to get in touch with the civic driver and they admit liability
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySun 4 Aug - 19:10

Yeah, I have some Armco and a lamp post with my name on unfortunately, it's not fookin cheap I can tell you, think the lamp post was 2k affraid 
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySun 4 Aug - 19:14

Sorry to hear that mate was anyone in car with you who can back you up
Back to top Go down
gavinnblake

gavinnblake

PostSubject: Re: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySun 4 Aug - 19:28

hopefully your insurance will sort it out
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySun 4 Aug - 21:12

I have a lamppost and road sign with insurance stamp on too,

It gets expensive I must say, let your insurance deal with it.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptySun 4 Aug - 22:09

Yip in the case of a accident road furniture is normally claimed for off your insurance, I think it's shite that the police won't get involved, speak to a chief inspector at pontyland shit falls down over I think the pcs on seen just carnt be arsed
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptyMon 5 Aug - 1:57

I took out a listed building I never herd nothing from that and any way doesn't road tax pay for this sort of thing ??????
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptyMon 5 Aug - 6:36

Unfortunately it doesn't Andy, you can pay for it yourself instead of the insurance company to keep the claim down if you are not claiming for the car, they do repayment with 0% interest.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptyMon 5 Aug - 7:28

Gipa, the circumstances of your accident are quite similar to my recent event. There was no contact with the third party but I had to take evasive action which resulted in my accident. And the other driver took off.

I contacted the coppers immediately and the "leaving the scene" bit really resonated with them. I insisted on an interview at home and they came out to see me. I handed over all the details and they pursued it. Got to say they've been really good with me and the other driver is actually being formally charged.

Perhaps if you really press the details like child's life in danger and leaving the scene they might have second thoughts and also you could contact the police ombudsman if you think they not taking it seriously.
Back to top Go down
GIPA

GIPA

PostSubject: Re: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? EmptyMon 5 Aug - 19:10

Cheers for advise been onto my insurance today and they are going to follow it through for me so fingers crossed they sort it out :-s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?   Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Highway agency trying to claim for barriers anything I can do ?
Page 1 of 1