HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Thinking about getting a hawk!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

Thinking about getting a hawk! Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptyFri 1 Nov - 23:27

Always preferred blobs but I drove a hawk sti PPP today, although it had less power than mine I found the torque very addictive from the 2.5
I know the early 2.5s are not as tough on standard internals but would probably go forged straight away......decisions decisions!

Should I or shouldn't I?
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptyFri 1 Nov - 23:34

nice car yours anyway mate not the best time to sell....saying that nat's sold within 12 hours!! what you got your eye on?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 0:18

Keep the Blob mate unless you have an extra £5000 to plow into a hawk for a sorted engine build and a turbo to make it worthwhile
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 0:53

Cheers daz, if I did to sell it would be next year and if I did go hawk it would be a 06 plate black sti PPP with very little mods and lowish mileage, would probably take my car back to almost standard as I still have all the parts and put some of my kept mods back on the hawk, then go forged and over 400 hp. Had the blob 3 years now and kinda fancy a new project, but still very undecided lol! 

Going to need to spend some cash on an engine soon anyway natski as I want more power, mine has just hit the 80k mark (still original clutch too scratch) and don't want to push the standard internals too much more without upgrading, just not sure what's the better engine to upgrade.

Decisions decisions, definitely not moving away from Subaru though
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 0:58

personally i would buy a legacy engine...seems to be the way forward...get it forged and built outside the car then you will have a proper weapon...have you not seen that RB920!! WTF!!!
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 1:07

Haha don't want to go too OTT, 1 turbo is plenty for me Razz

RB920??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 1:10

Love my Hawk mate, fully forged, plenty of horses and 475+ ft/lbs torque - oossh!

Wouldn't change it for anything - needs forging though 100%
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 1:12

the rb920 is a beast,would be nice to see one with 2 of jonny's 20g's on Wink .....
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 8:15

Marietto wrote:
Love my Hawk mate, fully forged, plenty of horses and 475+ ft/lbs torque - oossh!

And drives like miss daisy.. Or so nick says ! lol! 
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 9:28

Blobs Rule!!! bounce bounce bounce 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 11:08

discodaz wrote:
the rb920 is a beast,would be nice to see one with 2 of jonny's 20g's on Wink .....
Can't find anything on rb920?? Help
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 11:57

Mike if your going to pay out for a forged engine build either way than I would say the 2.5 would be the better choice. As they say there's no replacement for displacement Smile Smile
Once the 2.5's are fully forged up they are great but you need to learn to live with the front end of the hawkeye...
everybody knows the blobs rule Cool
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 12:03

Mike your blob is awesome youve never had any reliability issues ether look at all the trouble John had with his and it was barely on the road. Get ur self a old car and refurbish it???
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 12:06

Get a scooby clinic sc46 mike and smile

Don

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 12:12

Mikeblobsti wrote:
Always preferred blobs but I drove a hawk sti PPP today, although it had less power than mine I found the torque very addictive from the 2.5
I know the early 2.5s are not as tough on standard internals but would probably go forged straight away......decisions decisions!

Should I or shouldn't I?

do a front end conversion to a hawk on your's
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 12:13

byers wrote:
Natski could do with one if it makes people smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 15:46

byers wrote:
Marietto wrote:

And drives like miss daisy..  Or so nick says ! lol! 
The only thing he ever sees of my car is it's ass mate - unless it's parked up and he has brought his to my house to get cleaned Very Happy 

Guilty as charged on the driving though - until it's time to unleash the beast!
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 18:45

Do a 2.5 conversion on yours or a 2.3 stroker engine Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 18:52

N1CK!STi wrote:
byers wrote:

SC46 Suspect me Suspect smile Suspect

Nahhhh mate
Garret hybrid oh yeahhhh Cool
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 18:54

Marietto wrote:
byers wrote:
Marietto wrote:

And drives like miss daisy..  Or so nick says ! lol! 
The only thing he ever sees of my car is it's ass mate - unless it's parked up and he has brought his to my house to get cleaned Very Happy 

Guilty as charged on the driving though - until it's time to unleash the beast!
Haha miss daisy.. It's a nice ass to look at Mario but I'm sure I seen the front of it when I broke the convoy chain on the seahouses run when I chased after the motorbike that was thinking he was mugging us all off lol! "don't think people need to know I went flying past our turn off while doing so" haha
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 18:57

natski wrote:
N1CK!STi wrote:
byers wrote:

SC46 Suspect me :suspect:smile Suspect

Nahhhh mate
Garret hybrid oh yeahhhh Cool
lol! are you keeping yours now are still wanting something else ?
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 21:13

Buy the EJ257 semi closed deck block from drew forge the tits out of it and swap it!! The only thing you have said about the hawk PPP is the difference in power delivery!! Keep the blob...
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 21:16

^^^ what hardy said..
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySat 2 Nov - 21:36

P.S if you get a hawk and get anywhere close to a rev limiter it will shit its self and you will need to forge it anyway. If the approaching 80k is worrying you then fair enough if you can find one at the right price.
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! EmptySun 3 Nov - 13:06

Cheers for the response lads, takes me a while to decide which way to go but I like to do my research and try and do things right, usually expensive at the time but works out cheaper in the long run! Anyways think you have helped me make my mind up and for now I will keep the blob and think about which way I want to go with the engine, I know I can push my standard internals to 450.....or 440 to be safe....might try that first, think the original clutch might shit itself though ha!

What's everyone's opinions on what engine to put in for reliability and good power delivery 2/2.3/2.5 without spending huge amounts of money?
Really can't fault my 2ltr, never missed a beat but need more power
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a hawk!   Thinking about getting a hawk! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about getting a hawk!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next