North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Tyre Choice Decision - Help!

Go down 
+4
StickT
Jonny Gav
SG03RRZ
mousey
8 posters

Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2 or Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta?
Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2
Tyre Choice Decision - Help! I_vote_lcap63%Tyre Choice Decision - Help! I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 10 ]
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
Tyre Choice Decision - Help! I_vote_lcap37%Tyre Choice Decision - Help! I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage

Tyre Choice Decision - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptyFri 8 Nov - 23:16

OK I want to change all 4 corners on my Scoob. Currently running Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres, which are a dry track tyre really - awesome in the dry, but feckin' next to useless when even slightly moist! Might as well be on ice skates. I've got about 2/3mm left on fronts and 3/4mm left on the rears

I have narrowed it down to 2 choices:

1. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - £115 a corner fitted (£460) - awesome tyre, tremendous wet grip, good fuel efficiency & not noisy - great reviews

2. Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - £98 a corner fitted (£392) - Again great tyre, wet grip not as good as the Goodyear, quieter than the Goodyear, but not as fuel efficient

Those who know me will know I am not arsed by the price difference. Just want to know what experiences NESF members have of these 2 tyres on their Scoobs if any?

Prices quoted are from Revolution BTW. I can get the Goodyear tyres myself delivered for about £102 each and the Vreds for about £81 each - but I need them fitted and there is a slight stretch involved so very few tyre fitters will do it........unless you know anybody Wink

Oh and if anyone is interested in the Yokos for a set of track tyres they are 225 x 40 x R18
Back to top Go down
mousey

mousey

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptyFri 8 Nov - 23:39

Can only comment on the Vredestein

Excellent tyre IMO, may not have the grip of the Goodyears but in the wet they absolutely outperform the Goodyear and most others

The tread pattern was specifically designed for maxium water dispersment, this probably doesn't apply to most people on here as a lot of people won't even take there car out in the wet, but for a all round daily tyre I can't fault it.

This is obviously just my opinion but my cousin works in a tyre bay near me and that's there best selling tyre by far Smile

James
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptyFri 8 Nov - 23:57

Second the veds Mario and revolution charged 88 quid for em Wink shit loads of grip iv pushed my car around corners at a fast 70mph (cough cough) not even trying and there very good in the wet as said as you know I use mine all the time
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 9 Nov - 0:06

Hydro tech demo car has em too mario
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 9 Nov - 0:09

And BTW if the Goodyear's where made in south Africa stay away our wolf landrovers us good year and all the ones from SA are delaminating or blowing out bro
Back to top Go down
mousey

mousey

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 9 Nov - 0:23

Lol fook sake, I was supposed to vote for veds but a combination on touchscreen and fat fingers made me press f1s lmao

Fail
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 9 Nov - 8:38

Not fancy some Mitchy's ? If I could afford them I would use them all the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 9 Nov - 9:36

Jonny Gav wrote:
Not fancy some Mitchy's ? If I could afford them I would use them all the time.
Which ones Jonny? Pilot Sport 3?
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 9 Nov - 9:55

Yep
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 9 Nov - 10:22

I dont like the Vredestein tyres if i am honest.

I like the Goodyears and they arent too badly priced. Just read the stretched bit, if they arent too abd i can fit them like, Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 9 Nov - 11:46

Tyres are tyres to me, unless i have power of a formula 1 car i dont care what tyres iv got on lol.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySat 9 Nov - 20:04

Ive ran Goodyears on both my scoobs (both eagle f1's aswell) so can only give a biased opinion for them but highly rate them if that helps? Sure someone was telling me the other month that continentals (not sure which ones) came out as the no 1 tyre in some magazine scratch 

Are you looking for a winter tyre? summer tyre? or an all year round tyre?
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySun 17 Nov - 11:16

Vreds on mine and think they are awesome. You have to really try to make it slide
Back to top Go down
billy21

billy21

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! EmptySun 17 Nov - 15:53

I have had both on the same car. And to be honest in the dry there is no difference. In the wet however I found the f1's grip better and also heat up quicker on cold days for the grip. As for noise they both sound the same to me. So overall taking price into consideration and depending how hard you drive I'd go for the f1's. Always been a favourite to me and not that much more on price
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Choice Decision - Help!   Tyre Choice Decision - Help! Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyre Choice Decision - Help!
Page 1 of 1