HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

BANG goes the bottem end

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
maca

maca

BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 15:15

StickT wrote:
Breakers on SN and 22B have blocks in or even some decent built motors already for sensible money,

Ill have a look mate, id rather buy from someone local as opposed to scoobynet etc but if i get stuck it could be my only option.
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 15:21

Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 16:30

You could buy an ODB or SCDB which are worth, fook all ATM, & get CDB plate fitted worked out cheaper than say £200-250 for a CDB & then around £150 for rear thrust conversion. I did that with the Type R 2.0 forged build, off the top of head I spent around 2k to re-build the full long motor, its all the little bits that add up! IMO there's no such thing as a cheap re-build if done properly, even if you do it yourself. Wink
But which ever route you go down give it a lot of thought, & don't jump in with both feet before weighing up all you options bud.
If you opt to buy Hardys old block. IMO i'd be giving it a refresh (bearings, a hone & new set of rings) prior to fitting. Or you bay be back to square one.
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 16:43

Don't worry with Hardys old engine it's not a 2.5

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 16:53

byers wrote:
Don't worry with Hardys old engine it's not a 2.5

Oh I thought you were selling Hardys old Blob, & that was the lump you had for sale ?.
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 17:02

My old 2.0l from the blob was mint!! Never burnt a drop of oil or lost any water. Absolutely quality. I have a rep for giving cars a hard time but I'm not one that sits at 120-130-140mph constantly. So in reality it hadn't that a much of a hard time. I had the car 4.5 yrs and it never let me down.
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 17:14

Good engines like!!! Your old one fired up straight away !!

natski

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 17:19

Byers seen as tho you love them soooo much why don't you keep it ??
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 18:08

hardy172 wrote:
My old 2.0l from the blob was mint!! Never burnt a drop of oil or lost any water. Absolutely quality. I have a rep for giving cars a hard time but I'm not one that sits at 120-130-140mph constantly.  So in reality it hadn't that a much of a hard time. I had the car 4.5 yrs and it never let me down.

Didn't say it had bud.
But for the sake of a few hundred quid extra it would be like new. I remember buying a temporary engine off Drew while I built a forged motor, it had been a mint engine for the previous owner of 5 years.. it lasted 24miles, Based on MY past experiences I would give it a re-fresh for the sake of a few hundred £
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 18:45

[quote="maxboost"]
hardy172 wrote:
My old 2.0l from the blob was mint!! Never burnt a drop of oil or lost any water. Absolutely quality. I have a rep for giving cars a hard time but I'm not one that sits at 120-130-140mph constantly.  So in reality it hadn't that a much of a hard time. I had the car 4.5 yrs and it never let me down.

Ahh mate my post wasn't in reply to yours :lol!:I'd agree with replacing bearings. I was writing mine when you wrote your post Smile
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 19:15

No probs bud.
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 20:47

Nataski I believe I already have one in my motor ??? scratch 

StickT

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 22:11

ALyn @ AS does the CDB inserts and they seem to be working very well. A SCDB will surfice here the way it is, they cope well with 450ish unless your start chasing figures...
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 22:31

Jonny Gav wrote:
Anyone that would supply the injectors hardy got isn't worth the risk buying anything off, my opinion.

Is this there famous reflowed injectors by any chance ?

Their internal parts seem to cope with big big power well, their injectors are ravved on about and seem to be run by quite a few people, I personally don't like the injector idea TBH.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec - 23:04

I can sort the closed deck conversion on ej20-22-25-30 & ej33 casings no probs, I've got a set of ej25 casings getting rear thrust conversion & plated getting done at the minute & a set eg33 6 cylinder casings getting closed deck conversion, 14mm head studs & heads fitted with compression rings been done,
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Dec - 11:30

maxboost wrote:
You could buy an ODB or SCDB which are worth, fook all ATM, & get CDB plate fitted worked out cheaper than say £200-250 for a CDB & then around £150 for rear thrust conversion. I did that with the Type R 2.0 forged build, off the top of head I spent around 2k to re-build the full long motor, its all the little bits that add up! IMO there's no such thing as a cheap re-build if done properly, even if you do it yourself. Wink
But which ever route you go down give it a lot of thought, & don't jump in with both feet before weighing up all you options bud.
If you opt to buy Hardys old block. IMO i'd be giving it a refresh (bearings, a hone & new set of rings) prior to fitting. Or you bay be back to square one.

Cheers for the advice mate its appreciated  Wink 

Im just going to take my time, im in no rush to be honest and as you have said its best off doing things properly rather than going all guns ho and ending up back at the beginning  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BANG goes the bottem end   BANG goes the bottem end - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BANG goes the bottem end
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2