HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Bit of advice required EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Bit of advice required EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Bit of advice required EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Bit of advice required EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Bit of advice required EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Bit of advice required EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Bit of advice required EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Bit of advice required EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Bit of advice required EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Bit of advice required

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maca

maca

Bit of advice required Empty
PostSubject: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 11:30

Got the chance of a closed deck block (early classic one) long engine inc inlet but he says its been out of car for a while. He's checked inside the bores and there is no signs of any damage and states that it had no running issues prior to being taken out.

Think I should risk buying it??? Mileage unknown aswell

Im going to swap the engines over myself as a project (so not going to be done in a day, say couple of months), is there anything in particular I should be asking/looking for if bought and doing when bought prior to fitting into mine?

I could just go down the safe route and give it to someone like andy kindon lol

P.S its from Ireland so I cant see it prior to buying

Last edited by maca on Thu 26 Dec - 11:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 11:53

If its the one on SN, i'd steer clear as the chap has said from the off he can't remember what its like. So if anything goes wrong, he can't be held responsible. If its a replacement your after, i'd be looking for something a bit closer to home.

Surley you could do an engine swap in a day ?.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 13:36

Agree, there are better ones out there.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 14:29

maxboost wrote:
If its the one on SN, i'd steer clear as the chap has said from the off he can't remember what its like. So if anything goes wrong, he can't be held responsible. If its a replacement your after, i'd be looking for something a bit closer to home.

Surley you could do an engine swap in a day ?.

That's whats putting me off him saying from the off that he cant remember what its like which isn't good is it  Crying or Very sad 

I haven't got the time at the min so it would be half an hour here half an hour there and it would be my 1st engine out job so I will be taking my time so I remember what goes where lol

Hmmmmm decisions decisions
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 14:31

Jonny Gav wrote:
Agree, there are better ones out there.

Agree mate but at the price its a quick fix and maybe a starting block for a decent build, or just a starting block if its knackered hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 14:32

maca wrote:

Hmmmmm decisions decisions  

The right everything is worth waiting for mate - car, part, bus, taxi, woman - you name it.

Give this one a miss and wait for a better one - if you are in no hurry don't spend your hard earned on a potential piece of scrap. Wherever there is any doubt - there is no doubt!
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 14:39

Wise words Mario!! That, might just have convinced me  Wink 
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 14:40

Is it just me or does anyone feel bad when being sensible!  Laughing 

Im normally daft! haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 14:41

maca wrote:
Wise words Mario!! That, might just have convinced me  Wink 

Only wise words coz I made those feckin' mistakes myself bud lol!  A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn from it  Lucky! 
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 14:42

True! Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 17:31

Ive just been having a bit crack with him and its been stood for 2-3 years and he reiterates that he CAN NOT remember how it was running so ive told him im going to leave it, safest way.

Thanks for advice lads  Cool 
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 19:57

wasnt there a full sti engine for sale on here ? i would just buy that then sell the bits you dont need.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 20:00

Been offered an v4 sti short motor with forged pistons for £250, are these blocks any good? is it a direct fit into my v2?
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 20:01

bazpro88 wrote:
wasnt there a full sti engine for sale on here ? i would just buy that then sell the bits you dont need.

Newage? if so there is but he doesn't want to be left with the heads n I don't need them.
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 20:20

can you not sell them on ?
i remember when mine went bang i ended up getting it rebuilt off drew but did think about buying a newage sti motor and selling the bits i didnt need. wasnt any for sale at the time though.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 20:43

bazpro88 wrote:
can you not sell them on ?
i remember when mine went bang i ended up getting it rebuilt off drew but did think about buying a newage sti motor and selling the bits i didnt need. wasnt any for sale at the time though.

Got enough bits lying about that are surpless to requirements  Laughing 

I don't really want to be buying bits I don't need, offered him an option to just sell the block and he didn't fancy it so ill keep looking  Wink 
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyThu 26 Dec - 21:19

A V4 Sti short motor for £250, is it in good nick / Anything else with it bar pistons ?
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required EmptyFri 27 Dec - 10:55

Still waiting for him to get back to me with info on pistons, mileage on block etc... Stick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bit of advice required   Bit of advice required Empty

Back to top Go down

Bit of advice required
Page 1 of 1