HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
andybish

andybish

Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 20:50

side walls are your tyres strength! ya need them how they ment to be id be getting normal tyres
Back to top Go down
james

james

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 20:54

garyblake wrote:
Mate ask for tyres and alloys to fill arches went with there advice who wouldnt when they say they done 6 sets for classic but never fitted them

Will get there in the end
well thank god ya ok Gary hope ya get sorted this time mate
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 20:54

Omg pleased you ok...im not a fan off the stretched look dangerous anyway and the lad who has the silver blob who has just put rotas on with overely stretched tyres on need to be careful and take note of what has happened to you.because in imo dont look safe at all.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
stevejones

stevejones

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 21:17

gary, what tyre did you go for and what size are you wheels
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 21:28

215 35 18

On 18 inch alloys 9.5 wide
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 21:29

eBay 350846156180
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 21:37

Can I just say this is not a rare thing ...

Stretched tyres are fine, not that size tyre o that rim though. I think Revo are pretty wrong for saying the tyre an wheel combo were ok,
Back to top Go down
stevejones

stevejones

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 21:52

that is a lot of stretch on a very low profile, have a look on tyrestrech loads of pics on there,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 21:57

garyblake wrote:
215 35 18

Jesus mate that stretch is massive - no wonder they came off. My stretch is only 10mm and even then they make a massive difference to the handling and grip of the car - negatively of course. But I "drive like a big fanny" (Dave Byers™️) most of the time  Laughing

Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 21:59

Who the fook put 50p in you steviedoo?!?!

I had 225's on my 9.5" wide wheels. Never a problem had the car in all shapes coming roundabouts never lost pressure or anything. Strange
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 22:03

hardy172 wrote:

I had 225's on my 9.5" wide wheels. Never a problem had the car in all shapes coming roundabouts never lost pressure or anything. Strange

you go round corners on 2 wheels though....or sideways!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 22:45

hardy172 wrote:

You need to read the post Hardy, Gary has put 215 on 9.5 wide rim, not 225, it's a wonder they even managed to get them on the rim in the 1st place, no wonder they came off, his will also be lower profile side wall than yours with is being a classic, 35 for 18s on a classic compared to 40 on 18s on a newage, so less sidewall to keep tyre on
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 23:15

garyblake wrote:
215 35 18

Quite a stretch that mate, I'm running 225 40s on my 18x9s, never had any issues. Surprised revo put them on, bet it looked cool tho but wouldn't want to go very fast with that much of a stretch!

Wouldn't want to go much more than this!
Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 Null-30

Hope you get it sorted ok bud.
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 23:16

cool reflection mike  afro afro afro 
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 23:21

discodaz wrote:

Back in the summer when it used to be clean lol!
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jan - 23:39

I have .. I was just saying I had 225's on mine. Can't remember if mine were 35 or 40 profile
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jan - 7:36

Mikeblobsti wrote:
discodaz wrote:

Back in the summer when it used to be clean lol!
Was that back in the summer of 69 ! I remember that lol
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jan - 13:15

Glad you ok Gary and that you've learned a lesson but not had to pay the price, apart from your pocket that is. The tryres on my Hatch are not stretched in the purest sense of the word but seem to have a lot less (vertical) sidewall than the T1R's on my Blob and I reckon the newer car is a bad drive by comparison, so its kind of makes sense what you and others have experienced. Better safe than sorry I say.
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jan - 14:17

40s we had hardy

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jan - 16:54

byers wrote:
40s we had hardy

Must be because it's a classic mate.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jan - 17:16

There putting 225- 35 18 on so 10mm wider
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jan - 19:00

Hopefully soon stretched tyres will be illegal before someone's badly hurt

10mm wider that's only 5mm each side,! Not a lot
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jan - 19:14

Mine been spot on and Hardys his walls depth was wrong that's the problem if Hardys have stayed on they can't be that bad

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jan - 20:13

I think you need 225 40 Gary. Stretch tyres are the future!!
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jan - 22:55

I bet the next thread is.....
My tyres are rubbing!  scratch lol!

My tyres are rubbing help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones    Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyre came of now back with diffrent ones
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next