HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
best trade to be in / learn EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
best trade to be in / learn EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
best trade to be in / learn EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
best trade to be in / learn EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
best trade to be in / learn EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
best trade to be in / learn EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
best trade to be in / learn EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
best trade to be in / learn EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

best trade to be in / learn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
crad08

crad08

best trade to be in / learn Empty
PostSubject: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 16:53

Dont want to count me chickens etc . But I have recentley been left some money from a late aunt . The money is in probation at the min and can take upto 6 months ? Aparantley its around 40 k give or take when her house sells etc . Cud be on the market for a long time .I dont want to be daft and blow the money etc . I am after a bit of advice .I want to learn a good trade to get a decent job and get out of the rut of been payed min wage etc . But I dont know what course to do . I wud like the oil rigs etc but is there many jobs out there ? Or railways .
I have no qualifications at present . Drove diggers and vans for jobs but dont have my digger licence either due to a tight boss .im willing to do most things and know sum courses are upto 4k . Which I wouldnt mind paying if ment a could prob get a job at end of it. Like I say its early doors at min . I mite not get out but if I do what course or job would u recomend
My school grades where shite too 8-(. bounce and what rough prices are they guna be
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 17:01

Subaru mechanic, always plenty of work about,  and cars cost a fortune to run n fix?? Mad
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 17:19

Tbh its getting experience employer is want experience over fresh trained ppl witch is a stupid concept. I'd go for something to do with IT or communications in oil rig line of work mikeblobsti the man to speak to and I can advice a good local company that do the sea survival trining that is a good price
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 17:58

Put yourself through collage and get an accountancy degree. Plenty money there
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 18:11

It really depends on your skills and intelligence level, by intelligence I don't just mean academically but more vocationally.

Is there anything you have a passion for or a knack for that you find easy that others don't or even something you really enjoy doing.

For me it was mechanical engineering.

If you enjoy driving how about starting to taxi business or go HGV etc.

What ever you go into make sure it's something you enjoy.

Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 18:23

It has to be something you have a passion for or you will not like it mate...put up a mini cv on here ie what ypur likes & dislikes are that would be a start
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 18:52

I was looking into window tinting, £1500 for a course, if you can become good at that and have a good base, prospects will be great.
Only way to earn money is to work for yourself!
I'm a welder by trade, my lungs will be knackered by the time in 50. All my own fault coz i didnt stick in at school. Oil rigs is working away then back home, not ideal if you have kids. Have a good look about mate and something will take your fancy
Back to top Go down
crad08

crad08

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 19:17

Shud of mentioned I would prefer manual . Outdoor style work . Office /maths I would be no good at . Working away would not bother me to much . I do have 2 young kids thou . Window tinting could be good possibly in darlington as theres only monoghans on north rd and everyones always saying how expensive it was . As for taxi . Been there and ended up with depression with that job how bad it was . Can hgv driving be good pay ? Think its about 1k a course. A lot of people seem to be doing rope access courses at minute . Agree its got to be sumit u like or its pointless
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 19:39

The money in HGV is continental driving or having haz mat classes 2(gasses)3 (flammable liquids)and think its 7(biohazard waste) and 8 (radioactive) all in tanks and packaging. Having class 1 could be useful if you wanna transport TNT for demolition companys or ammo and pyrotechnics for the MOD but agree its got to be something u love
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 19:57

What age are you ? Do you have a car licence only ? Do you have any qualifications after school?
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 20:42

Subsea Mechanical engineering/fitting is a good trade to be in, its what I do, but it comes naturally to me and I enjoy it, also get to see parts of the world on occasion instead of being away a lot Wink
There is plenty of money to be made in being part of ROV crew offshore, requires training in hydraulics and seems very interesting when I've been involved.

Agree with what others have said tho, think about what you would enjoy doing and take it from there.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 21:03

It alls depends on urself there's hgv driving loads of work there not sure on wage u'd get there's also folk lift truck driving which I believe is good money and a canny few jobs out there
Back to top Go down
alan_turbo2000

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptySun 23 Feb - 22:47

whatever you do i wouldnt put any faith in the building trade at present i have supervisor level 3 qualifications in drylining and a, still not getting work

i paid £1300 for a class 1 hgv liscence last year and no one will take me on doing that either as i have no experience

i too like you was left a lump sum of money and im currently looking to get a unit and all the gear to powder coat and learning to do that as its something car related and also something that is in demand at present Smile ive given up trying to find work for someone else and going it alone
Back to top Go down
oggy

oggy

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptyMon 24 Feb - 12:13

Whatever you chose mate hope it all goes well and good luck
Back to top Go down
crad08

crad08

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptyMon 24 Feb - 14:13

Thanks for replys etc . Like I say iv got nout yet and may not get out . All I know is the cash is in probation with the solicitor and theres allso a house to sell so cud be sum time yet but was just trying to get sum ideas to look into . Thanks
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn EmptyMon 24 Feb - 21:19

i would look into working on cnc machines ect. plenty of jobs about and good money.
totally different but heard train driving is good money and they struggling to get people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best trade to be in / learn   best trade to be in / learn Empty

Back to top Go down

best trade to be in / learn
Page 1 of 1