North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Bloody car aarrrhhhh

Go down 
+11
Tizer
Mid_Life_Crisis
lian&johnsti
Marshffs
Steviedoo
winston
Mikeblobsti
Jonny Gav
hardy172
SG03RRZ
andyden71
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
andyden71

andyden71

Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 18:54

Steve it's never seemed to run right before or after the remap I have changed the exhaust from a 2.5 cat system to a 3 inch de-cat full system but no real change
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 18:55

I can get a extra 10mph with new exhaust on
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 19:00

My wagon used to run like this. Resistor pill it was, mine didn't have 1 in. Probably be your map but worth a look anyhow.
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 19:35

Shouldnt you of had your map tweaked after changing the exhaust from 2.5 to 3inch.correct me if im wrong  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 19:40

Yeah but car didn't seem to be right after map got done I will be getting it tweeked but I'm getting new plugs and TGV deletes done but I really need to get rear suspension changed
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 19:54

Car will definetly need a map change if you have changed the size of the exhaust and fully decated it, if you say it was like this before map and after map, why did you not mention it to Bob Rawle whike he was mapping it or did he seem to think everything was ok, if you have a boost gauge does it seem to be hitting full boost and holding it ok.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 19:57

Bob seemed to think all was well thing is map was done in very bad weather in rush hr traffic so that could be a big factor boost seems to hold but not 100% sure tho will check tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 20:03

Have you not contacted Bob to see what he says if it's been like that since getting it mapped, he done my car and it's been spot on ever since
Back to top Go down
Mid_Life_Crisis

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 20:09

andyden71 wrote:
Yeah ya bastard I'd have tht mine would match mid life's car even know his is a Sti

Andy mine was running 345 with vf 35 before i put the 20g on it. But mine was losing boost today the dump valve seal was leaking that 2 dump valve in a year  Surprised
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 20:16

I havnt been in touch with bob I might do that tomorrow see what reply I get just can't afford paying for a tweek just yet as in gonna get Afew other bits done first then every thing done before hand plus I need rear suspension sorting and rear brakes list goes on and on and Paul ur cars fast as hell I'd have a new turbo but defo can't afford that but was thinking of getting Johnny gav to upgrade my vf35
Back to top Go down
Tizer

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 20:21

andyden71 wrote:
Bob seemed to think all was well thing is map was done in very bad weather in rush hr traffic so that could be a big factor boost seems to hold but not 100% sure tho will check tomorrow

Regardless of this Bob would of kept mapping until he thought everything was right. Your first port of call is to contact Bob regarding the issue.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 20:32

andyden71 wrote:
I havnt been in touch with bob I might do that tomorrow see what reply I get just can't afford paying for a tweek just yet as in gonna get Afew other bits done first then every thing done before hand plus I need rear suspension sorting and rear brakes list goes on and on and Paul ur cars fast as hell I'd have a new turbo but defo can't afford that but was thinking of getting Johnny gav to upgrade my vf35

Like Tizer's has said, you should have contacted Bob straight away if you thought car wasn't right after map, you wouldn't have had to pay for a map tweak if it wasn't right in the 1st place, bit you have now changed things on the car since then so you will have to then pay for a tweak
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 20:38

I was planning on a map tweek as other things are planned I will just see how things goes and try and get every thing done before next map alls I'm saying is the car isn't running right before map and after map I will sort all new bits out then get map tweek done afterwards and before exhaust change car would only do top at 110mph now after exhaust change iv had 120mph but a little rough
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 20:42

Tizer wrote:
andyden71 wrote:

Regardless of this Bob would of kept mapping until he thought everything was right. Your first port of call is to contact Bob regarding the issue.
On my map bob said we will call it aday as it to dangerous to keep carrying on like I said it was raining on and off it had been snowing as well also because of the time and weather traffic was horrendous it was pitch black so bob called it aday for safety
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 20:54

So you've been giving the car full beans with a semi finished map AND then you've decatted the car ?
Might need to cool your jets there mate. Could perhaps explain some issues you've been experiencing.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 20:57

Probs Keith anyway what's done is done I will have a word with bob and try and get every thing done changed and get the tweek done but will try and get a better time of day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar - 21:55

andyden71 wrote:
Steve it's never seemed to run right before or after the remap I have changed the exhaust from a 2.5 cat system to a 3 inch de-cat full system but no real change

Head in hands
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar - 9:49

I didn't think you needed a map tweak if you went up in size??

Andy if your car was only partially mapped why wasn't it booked back in to get it finished off and why did you pay?

If the car was running poor before the map it cant be the map to blame.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar - 10:01

Well let's say Hutchys car went for remap that same morning in better conditions he had major problems after about 4 miles so car didn't get mapped at all but he had to pay up ! As for exhaust change I havnt a clue where I stand on that as people say you need map tweek others say you don't I was planning on getting a ecotek tweek done anyway but after after more jobs get done as I was told before engine packed up it was running 330bhp now after map and induction kit and ported headers fitted it's only suppose to be 332bhp the car it self picks up fine but sounds like engine is revving its tits out and seens to sound rough at about 110mph but I never keep at that speed for long as I normally only drive at about 70-80mph when on motorways so I'm getting hopefully some coil overs fitted all round to try help with the handling as that seems sloppy as hell then get wheel alignment don't then get bits on engine then get a remap done then see what it's like
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar - 11:16

maca wrote:

It's required if you go from a catted system to catless mate, should really map tweek for any changes you make to an engine to get the best out of it and eliminate any damage being done.  copied some info below Wink

Removing some or all of the catalytic converters by replacing them with straight through decat pipes enables the exhaust gases to flow more freely through the exhaust which means the turbo can be moved faster by the faster flowing exhaust gases. The risk that this poses is a faster moving turbo will force more air into the engine causing the balance of air and petrol mix flowing into the engine to be upset. Although the engine management system will try to compensate by using the sensors on the car to calculate the changes it is quite possible that the increased airflow will cause this mixture to be lean (too much air and not enough fuel). This can cause the engine to run hotter than intended and can result in engine failure. Therefore if you are intending to remove some or all of the cats it is recommended that you have the engine management system reconfigured (ECU remap) to take account of the increased air flow.

Last edited by Mikeblobsti on Mon 17 Mar - 11:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar - 11:20

No offence Andy, but I'd save your money for your engine and get that sorted before buying coilovers. No good the car having a nice stance on your drive with your engine in bits again and not going anywhere. If it was my car I'd be looking after its heart first and foremost.
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar - 11:34

Dont forget about that strong petrol smell aswel andy. May be over fuelling causing it.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar - 11:43

Yeah but that's only on cold start up Steve
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar - 13:04

Take it to Darren at DLM and ask him to take it down A1 and open it up. He may know whats up.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar - 14:59

Mikeblobsti wrote:
maca wrote:

It's required if you go from a catted system to catless mate

Didn't realise he'd went from cats to no cats  Wink 

andy id be getting it looked at sooner rather than later!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody car aarrrhhhh    Bloody car aarrrhhhh  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloody car aarrrhhhh
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next