North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI

Go down 
+6
byers
andybish
carl08
Mikeblobsti
chrisw
oHUTCHYo
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oHUTCHYo

Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 7 Apr - 21:06

All being well I might have bagged a 2005 STI (non-PPP) in the coming weeks.

First thing on my list is an exhaust. Couple of questions;

Ninja2, Vortex and Blitz Nur Spec seem to be the popular choices. Ive heard the Blitz is LOUD, is it also the deepest rumble? Can anyone describe the differences? Its mainly town driving so not so bothered about motorway drone.

Next question, sports cat or decat?

Back to top Go down
chrisw

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 7 Apr - 21:26

The afterburner raptor exhaust is a really good system, very loud on a full decat, put it this way mine has set alot of car alarms off just pottering down a street. Loads of pops and bangs from it. Similar to a nur spec but slightly cheaper I think, made by hayward and scott so its well made. Once its been on for a while it gets alot quiter on the lower revs but loud as hell on full throttle.
Back to top Go down
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 7 Apr - 21:36

Cheers Chris, never heard of the Raptor. Will look on youtube.

Slight correction but found out it IS PPP, not sure if that makes a difference?
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 7 Apr - 21:39

Can't fault the nur spec mate...well apart from the price but well made! mines loud but a deep rumble, sets car alarms off all the time too and get plenty pops n bangs Wink

Mine on rolling road Smile
https://youtu.be/3xrnd3aSP9Q
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 7 Apr - 21:50

oHUTCHYo wrote:
Cheers Chris, never heard of the Raptor.  Will look on youtube.

Awesome exhaust - but if you go decat you will need a remap
Back to top Go down
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 7 Apr - 21:55

By god that is music to my ears, sounds nice.

So narrowed to Nur Spec or Raptor so far then. Both sounding good. If I keep the PPP cat on for short term can I avoid a remap? Am planning a remap but was wanting a HKS SSQV on first plus I need to save some pennies. Whats a rough cost on a rolling road map and where?

Worth a shot - but dont suppose youre considering selling up your widetrack any time soon? On the hunt for a clean black sti widetrack. As mentioned I have one lined up in a few weeks but am keen to keep options open Smile
Back to top Go down
carl08

carl08

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 7 Apr - 22:09

Copy Paste quote from scoobyclinic,  Very Happy 

ecu tec re maps are £550.00 + vat = £660.00 in total.

The reason the re map is £550.00 is that the first map needs a licence applying to the ecu which is £200.00 and is included in the £550.00, once done any future upgrades needing map adjustments are from £150.00 to a max of £350.00

Road mapping sessions are similar prices but can be done locally when the mapper is in the area! 
Back to top Go down
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 7 Apr - 22:15

Cheers Carl Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 7 Apr - 22:18

It's cheaper if you get it done by one of the well known mappers up here. Andy Kindon in Chester Le Street runs a mapping day every 6-8 weeks with Bob Rawle and GIPA in Boldon runs a mapping session with Andy Forrest every couple of months as well. You can't go wrong with either.
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 7 Apr - 22:50

oHUTCHYo wrote:
By god that is music to my ears, sounds nice.

So narrowed to Nur Spec or Raptor so far then. Both sounding good. If I keep the PPP cat on for short term can I avoid a remap? Am planning a remap but was wanting a HKS SSQV on first plus I need to save some pennies. Whats a rough cost on a rolling road map and where?

Worth a shot - but dont suppose youre considering selling up your widetrack any time soon? On the hunt for a clean black sti widetrack. As mentioned I have one lined up in a few weeks but am keen to keep options open Smile

Here is the vid that convinced me to go nur spec Cool
https://youtu.be/jBTJUAEhe3g
Remap not needed unless you remove the downpipe cat, ran my nur spec for a while with the cat in before finally going catless...much louder catless tho Cool
Nah not planning on selling anytime soon mate, but if I do I'll give you a shout Wink
As above can't go wrong with Bob Rawle or Andy Forrest
Back to top Go down
andybish

andybish

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 7 Apr - 22:56

if you want noise and your not afraid and not a pussy there is only one exhaust and that is the rcm team ice exhaust
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyMon 7 Apr - 22:57

Beast !!!
Back to top Go down
dgr72

dgr72

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 11:11

andybish wrote:
if you want noise and your not afraid and not a pussy there is only one exhaust and that is the rcm team ice exhaust
+1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 11:29

Marietto wrote:
oHUTCHYo wrote:
Cheers Chris, never heard of the Raptor.  Will look on youtube.

Awesome exhaust - but if you go decat you will need a remap

The Afterburner Raptor is the new version of the much loved Afterburner Vortex (the Raptor has a slightly deeper note apparently).  If you are looking to buy 2nd hand you might have more chance of finding a Vortex than a Raptor and they tend to go for a decent price. I had a Vortex on my Blob for a while and it was superb, I only changed it for the sake of neighbourly consideration and I wish I hadnt, althought my TSL exhaust was also very nice, check them out too. Afterburner systems are made for Scoobyworld by the guys at Hayward & Scott who are legendary themselves. Whatever you get if you stick to the well known makes you'll be able to sell any of them on very easily, so you can chop and change till you find what you want. Although as others have said if you fully decat the car, then the sound changes again and may have a more severe effect on one pipe versus another. Happy hunting.

Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 17:18

Revolution system few scooby running them

Nurspec for noise abouts £200 secondhand

Depends if every use or werkend you
Back to top Go down
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 18:44

Hoping to find a used Nur Spec Smile
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 18:51

Good choice Cool
Back to top Go down
mousey

mousey

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 18:57

I have nur spec on classic, fully decatted and its ridiculously loud lol

I tried one of them decibel apps and it idles at 103db lmao

Not many people like it that loud but I do, it's a subaru it's got to be heard lol
Back to top Go down
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 19:08

My logic is I'll spend money on something I'll be dissapointed in because its not loud enough. I'd rather go for the loudest and work backwards as the novelty wears off, as appears to be common with the Nur Spec Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 21:40

Lol I use my nur spec everyday and still not bored of it Razz
Back to top Go down
oHUTCHYo

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 21:44

You running any sort of BOV with it or not? Im 32 now and wont rest until Ive owned something 350+ bhp that goes bwaaarrrp-tsssst lol

Thinking of a HKS SSQV
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 21:52

Yeah I have the forge duel piston BOV mate, sounds nice but the hks one sounds nice too, probably would have one but I just prefer the look of the forge one.

Not much required to get 350bhp on a widetrack, mines been running 347 for 2 years with no issues at all, now in the process of going to 400 bhp Wink
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 22:00

My forge dv

Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI E17740FF-FB7A-4B65-A93D-116487BEE002
Back to top Go down
mousey

mousey

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 22:41

I'm running no dump valve Smile chatter ftw lol
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI EmptyTue 8 Apr - 22:45

Wish I could do that too mate, current turbo won't take it tho lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI   Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI Empty

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Suggestions for Blob STI
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next