North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Remap day tomorrow

Go down 
+11
scooby-al
andyden71
Keiffy
winston
atwrx
iddysti
maca
Mikeblobsti
byers
ukjesters
NickSTi
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
NickSTi

NickSTi

Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Jul - 22:24

You had to chuck the 1Bhp more in there mike lol fair play mate yours ran well also Wink it's a class feeling having the boost back haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Jul - 22:29

NickSTi wrote:
Yeah they are a fun figure to drive home with  Very Happy I quite enjoyed having a play about with it.

Good to meet you too mate Wink if I can get away from work tomorrow I'll have a float over to motorscope and see if I can sneak it on the rollers.. I'm defo interested to see what figures you come out with.

No bother get yaself over  Very Happy 

I just hope they not shit hahahaha
Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Jul - 22:33

Thought thin diesel would've had weight on his side to get a few extra horsies! LoL, then again Mike isn't exactly chubby brown either! Still great figures for all of you though.
What induction kit you running Nick? And on the plus side, at least you now know what is holding you back & what you need to do to move forward, BHP wise.

When you get as old as me, figures don't matter (especially waist measurement), I'm only after some pops n bangs with my remap!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rick-thornton-photography.com
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 0:13

Nice numbers lads looks like nick is gonna be digging deep again for more new goodies
Back to top Go down
scooby-al

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 1:10

Had a mint day today lads
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 5:15

I'm shocked with that Nick, but didn't realise what the rest of your setup was like.
Can't fault my injector dynamics injectors, they're 1000cc, maybe a bit OTT, but they work well.
And as Jesters said, what induction you running? Get Andy to make you one up, I made mine based on what he told me to use and it's also working well. I just need a 321V or SC46 for more power once I get engine in.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 7:58

maca wrote:
NickSTi wrote:
Yeah they are a fun figure to drive home with  Very Happy I quite enjoyed having a play about with it.

Good to meet you too mate Wink if I can get away from work tomorrow I'll have a float over to motorscope and see if I can sneak it on the rollers.. I'm defo interested to see what figures you come out with.

No bother get yaself over  Very Happy 

I just hope they not shit hahahaha

yours will run fine as it has a front mount on and they can get the air into the intercooler. its the top mounts that don't run well as there no fan pushing air into the intercooler.

Good luck mate.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 8:06

NickSTi wrote:
but I need a better induction kit as mine is completely useless

Nick, what induction are you running. Get a RCM kit something like this, these are good for 600hp, mine has one of these on with perrin pipework.

http://www.rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/shop_detail.asp?productID=1150

atwrx wrote:
I just need a 321V or SC46 for more power once I get engine in.

Theres a bit of a difference between a 321V and a SC46 ones a 500hp turbo and the others a 450hp turbo.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 8:25

iddysti wrote:

yours will run fine as it has a front mount on and they can get the air into the intercooler. its the top mounts that don't run well as there no fan pushing air into the intercooler.

Good luck mate.

Cheers mate, fingers crossed  study 
Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 8:29

iddysti wrote:
NickSTi wrote:

Nick, what induction are you running. Get a RCM kit something like this, these are good for 600hp, mine has one of these on with perrin pipework.

That's the one that I've just bought, but with the pipe done in red to match the sti manifold. Even the box it comes in is sexy! And next day delivery.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 11:00

iddysti wrote:
NickSTi wrote:

atwrx wrote:

Theres a bit of a difference between a 321V and a SC46 ones a 500hp turbo and the others a 450hp turbo.

There isn't a huge amount of difference between them mate, 40-50bhp, the SC46 non billet is a 460 capable turbo, billets regularly reaching 500ish, but they have mega spool, hence the temptation. 321V billets about 530-540?? Not read a great deal on how they spool but Andy and Bob say they're good, so that's good enough for me.

I'm torn between those.....or going for something completely different again. Can hardly complain about the turbo I got from the states. Just wanting good performance and minimum lag.
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 11:42

iddysti wrote:
NickSTi wrote:

atwrx wrote:

Cheers iddy that's exactly what I need.. Just got a pipercross on mine at the min but never realised how small it actually is until map day. Think I'll have to find some new pipework for mine also
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 13:15

NickSTi wrote:
Yeah mate I came out with 380Bhp 350 torque not what I was after but I need a better induction kit as mine is completely useless and also some 800cc injectors as the 650s I used were no good and also a fmic and that should see me around the 440Bhp figure

How come the 650s are no good ? If you look on Snet you can normally find good second hand induction kits sensibly priced, I got the huge RCM K&N with ally trumpet for £80 ages ago on there. Make a nice heat shield for it too and good ducting for cold air feeding,
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 13:25

I'm buying things new mate. Bob thinks the injectors have been tampered with to make them slightly bigger but it does the flow of fuel no favors :/ I'm gonna get some 800cc injectors and one of those induction kits iddy give me a link too.. Andy K is going to sort me out with a fmic so next time there's a space available I'll be getting mapped again Wink
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 13:29

What make 650's are they ?

Good shout on FMIC, bumper trimming time Smile
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 13:52

Not sure of the make mate they're outta hardys old STi.. Yeah I'll leave any trimming to AK lol
Back to top Go down
ukjesters

ukjesters

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 14:39

Front mounts look way aggressive as well, it'll suit your car for sure.
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 15:19

Yeah they do look alright like. I was wanting to just keep the TMIC but I can't for the power I'm wanting :/
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 16:00

Unless you get a bigger tmic Wink
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 17:27

Chevron do a cracking top mount as well, it's huge!
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 17:43

Don't APS do a huge top mount that's supposed to be good
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 19:04

Dunno I'm coming to terms with going front mount now like. Bob gave me a heads up on what to get so I'm just going to listen and see what happens Wink
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 19:36

StickT wrote:
Chevron do a cracking top mount as well, it's huge!

It's £2500 also. I've enquired about it already, however I have found another. Hopefully will live up to its reputation. It's sitting in the back of my car, awaiting fitment Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 19:52

Shocked I could get an engine rebuild and a fmic for that price lol
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug - 21:40

Yeah it's pricey, John Felstead using it to great effect at present.

HDI FMIC is a good option,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remap day tomorrow    Remap day tomorrow  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Remap day tomorrow
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next