HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car Empty
PostSubject: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 6 Aug - 8:38

A few of you will know about the Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car we have been building for Codemasters over the past 3 months. Well, we took it testing last week for the first time so here are a few pics!....

It ran really well, with everyone very happy with the results. Only few teething issues were overheating power steering fluid, air intake scoop dislodged through a water splash, a change of ECU.... and thats about it! Wink

Its first Rally is the Neath valley Stages in Swansea next Saturday. Ill let you know how we get on!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.eclipse-performance.com
Iain

Iain

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 6 Aug - 8:49

Saw this being finished off last time I was in, looks great! Is that you driving? Ove never had the pleasure/misfortune of seeing your face!
Back to top Go down
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 6 Aug - 8:53

Unfortunately not Smeean. The driver is a guy called Jon Tucker. He lives in Devon! His co driver is the senior developer for Dirt 3

By the way, thanks to Big Deano for the front bumper, it looks great. And Maxboost for the after Market DCCD controller! Smile
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 6 Aug - 8:55

yeah i was in last week was getting a timing belt changed etc glad to see it working

yeah chris looks really well fitted glad it suits Smile
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 6 Aug - 9:48

chris@eclipse wrote:
Unfortunately not Smeean. The driver is a guy called Jon Tucker. He lives in Devon! His co driver is the senior developer for Dirt 3

By the way, thanks to Big Deano for the front bumper, it looks great. And Maxboost for the after Market DCCD controller! Smile

No problem Chris,
Thought i spyed the DCCDPro on the carbon console, Wink excellent bit of kit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 6 Aug - 9:52

No air temp issues? Shocked
Back to top Go down
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 6 Aug - 10:05

No air temp issues at all, it ran sweet. We are waiting for a bigger intercooler coming though, they sent the wrong one! And we are wrapping the header tank & coolant hoses close to inlet pipe with heat reflective tape as we speak, along with the vacume pipes next to the turbo.

The only issue with the DCCD controller was the nob kept turning by itself - its obviously not designed to go through a forest over large rocks at 100mph! We fixed it with some extra rubber washers behind it to tighten it up! Other than that it works really well!
Back to top Go down
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 6 Aug - 10:52

Heres a brief spec Wink

Donor car – Version 2 Impreza WRX road car (white).
Engine rebuilt by Eclipse Performance with ACL Race bearings, Forged pistons & rods etc…
VF23 Turbo with 34mm restrictor
Mines ECU
STI Gearbox & DCCD with R180 rear diff & dash mounted diff controller
Stage 3 6 paddle clutch
Stainless Steel 3” decat exhaust system
4 Pot front gravel brakes with 294mm Grooved & vented discs & Mintex F series brake pads
2 Pot rear brake calipers with Mintex F Series brake pads
Braided Stainless Steel brake lines
FIA Fuel sampling valve
FIA master switch
Zero 2000 plumbed in fire extinguisher system & hand held extinguisher
Proflex gravel Suspension
Whiteline rear anti roll bar with adjustable drop links
Front Strut brace
Fuel tank guard
Sump guard
Diff guard
Mud flaps
Wheel arch guards
Rear strut brace
Safety devices roll cage
Cobra wrap around seats & OMP 6 point harness.
Boost pressure, oil pressure & oil temperature gauges mounted on flocked dash
Carbon centre console
Helmet net
Carbon door cards
Navigators map nets
Carbon foot well liners
Boot mounted Spare wheel strap
Flush mounted Bonnet pins,
Stilo intercom
Omit 100 Trip meter
Sparco dished steering wheel
Air horns
Roof scoop
Safety film on glass
Carbon bonnet
WRC style fibreglass front bumper
All bodywork wrapped in matt black then fitted with custom design graphics
Hi Tensile extended wheel studs
Compomotive 15” Gravel Wheels
Pirelli tyres
Back to top Go down
JAMIE555

JAMIE555

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 6 Aug - 11:27

Very Happy looking good,and good luck on its 1st rally
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=58762040956&amp
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptySat 6 Aug - 11:30

great car looks nice m8 Cool
Back to top Go down
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptyThu 11 Aug - 19:57

Were heading off to our first event this weekend- The Neath Valley Stages Rally in Swansea.

Nice little 8 hour drive in the truck tomorrow for me tomorrow then! Wish us luck! Wink
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptyThu 11 Aug - 19:59

good luck mate and try keep it in one piece i want that bonnet Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptyThu 11 Aug - 20:00

good luck Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptyThu 11 Aug - 20:38

Good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris@eclipse

chris@eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptyMon 15 Aug - 16:42

Sorry Deano.... He went & demolished your front bumper! It it looked good while it lasted (about 6 miles!) Laughing

It was a great weekend, the car ran faultlessly! Only problem was the driver! Wink

Here is the press release he released this morning... Ill pop some photos up later!

NEW RALLY TEAM SHOW PROMISE
Last Saturday marked the inaugural outing for a brand new rally team as they made their way to South Wales to contest the Neath Valley Stages based in Walters Arena.
The new crew consists of ex 206 Super Cup driver, Jon Tucker and Paul Coleman, Senior Designer of the critically acclaimed "DiRT 3" video game, calling the notes from the co-drivers seat.

Almost 40 rain soaked stage miles awaited the crew as they strapped themselves in to the freshly built Subaru Impreza which had been prepared for the event by Sunderland based Eclipse Performance under the guidance of 2006 Fiesta ST Championship winner, Chris Moore.

Tucker, who’s last outing in a gravel spec rally car was in 2005, said before the start “I’m so excited! It’s been a long time since my last event and I can’t wait to get going. I’m rusty and this is Paul’s first ever rally so we’re going to take it steady and just have some fun”.

Coleman, who made his debut in stage rallying this weekend, also commented, “It has been an intense few months preparing for our first outing. I’m nervous but excited and I cannot wait to get started. This is a great opportunity experience Rally first hand.”

After a steady start in SS1 the car felt good and Tucker and Coleman were working well together so the decision was made to press on. The start of SS2 saw them fall foul of a tight hairpin bend that caught out a number of crews throughout the day. The car was extricated from the ditch after almost 5 mins and repaired at the lunchtime service. Despite the morning’s set back the crew continued to attack the afternoon stages setting competitive times in SS3 and SS4. The final stage of the day SS5 saw Tucker and Coleman at their best, pushing the car to a top 10 stage time.

The Eclipse Performance prepared Subaru Impreza achieved a commendable 22nd position overall however the competitive stage times seen in SS1, SS3, SS4 & SS5 pointed towards the possibility of a top 10 finish and bodes well for the future.

Tucker said, “We had a couple of moments and the stages were incredibly slippery but I’m really happy with how things went today. Eclipse have made a superb job of the car and I think these stages showed us where we can develop it further. I definitely feel like my confidence has grown enormously.” Coleman added, “Having spent the last few years making rally games this has been an eye opening experience for me. I’m delighted with our performance today and I really owe it to Jon for giving me this wonderful opportunity to get involved in the sport. This experience will really help shape the way we make our games in the future.”
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car EmptyMon 15 Aug - 16:54

Sad Sad Sad affraid affraid

well it lasted a little time but looked great while it was on

at least he enjoyed himself cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car   Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car Empty

Back to top Go down

Dirt 3 Impreza Rally Car
Page 1 of 1