HomeRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? Empty
PostSubject: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyMon 17 Oct - 18:37

Purchased these from ebay last week and came today, looking at what there is it appears that the oil temp and oil pressure go directly into the block via removing core plugs if there is any? or do i now need one of those sandwich plates off ebay for £20 notes to make life easier? lol also stated in the ad that the boost sender was hardwired and not removed from the owner car, anyone got one or know were i can get one or bypass it? and last but least, wiring!!! were do they feed from? the harness for the clock as i've got nothing on paper on how to wire them in, could be a job for andy on thursday when i drop the car off for a service lol!

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyMon 17 Oct - 19:47

both mate ive just went sandwich plate route cos finding a plug for me ment takin off manifold
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyMon 17 Oct - 19:58

cheers deano
Back to top Go down
Tuffty

Tuffty

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyMon 17 Oct - 20:16

I Have one of these fitted to mine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sure AS performance sell them aswell, Easy enough to fit with the intercooler off, the one you already have i have fitted below the alternator, which is relitavly easy to remove also

wired mine to the cigarette lighter as mine annoyingly beep when listening to the radio with the key in th radio position

looking closer at the picture you may already have on, so may just need the blank removed from the block and screwed in, all depends on the size of the threads
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyMon 17 Oct - 20:20

your runnin a blob mate so might be easier to find a plug but at least a sandwich plate can be taken off easy but either way both work mate
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyMon 17 Oct - 20:48

Alright you already have the remote line to plumb straight into the block for your oil pressure looking at your photos Very Happy

You need to remove your oe oil pressure sensor and replace with your remote one extend the wiring for the oe one and put into the remote line so that your oil warning light on dash goes off Wink

Then you oil remove the blanking plug for your oil temp and put sensor in instead Very Happy

You will need an electronic sensor for your boost gauge Very Happy

There a quite a few links with pictures to show all the locations on some of the sites if you look lol!

It's not that long a job and not that hard if you have paitience and a little know how .

If not and you are down this way i can point you in right direction or fit em for a small fee Suspect lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyMon 17 Oct - 22:01

Ah I'm not afraid of doing the job don't get me wrong, I'm just short of time to do it with having 2 jobs and trying to have a bit family time I get twisted at when i wanna do a bit work on the car haha was just trying to source the info to do the job with other people's trail and errors info so i can get it done first time with ease
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyMon 17 Oct - 22:16

lol theres a few guides on snet just do a search theres one with pics that show where the points are Very Happy

Looks like you have all the fittings for it there as well !

i can probably get you some pics but wont be till weekend if you want ?
Back to top Go down
Bigclarky

Bigclarky

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyMon 17 Oct - 22:47

Av found it m8 full install guide on there with a defi gauge setup but I'm short of the boost sender, £23 off eBay so it's all good, few scotch locks tapping into the clock harness and it's good to go pretty straight forward install, sweet!
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyMon 17 Oct - 22:57

I have mine in straight into the block. Pressure from front cylinder and temp from rear. Don't know wich numbers they are. They are more accurate that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyTue 18 Oct - 8:24

I'd avoid sandwich plates. Seen far too many leak.
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyTue 18 Oct - 12:11

Yellowperil wrote:

Agree. My first Scoob (UK turbo) had a sarni plate and it leaked over time. Andy K fitted the gauges to my type R and plumbed directly into the block.
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? EmptyTue 18 Oct - 12:21

Yellowperil wrote:

THATS WHAT GOOGLING TOO MUCH STUFF WILL DO THO PERRIL
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

IVE USED SANDWICH PLATES ON 3 OF MINE AND NEVER HAD A LEAK FROM THERE YET .. i used proper locktight so wasnt an issue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?   3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not? Empty

Back to top Go down

3 Gauge pod and gauges, sandwich plate or not?
Page 1 of 1