North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion

Go down 
+6
greigy27
REZ
kgt
Jonny Gav
Andyg
Robbo
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Robbo

Robbo

Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion Empty
PostSubject: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyThu 26 Jan - 16:42

Just did this today... bit of a ball ache but pleased with the end result. My advice to anyone thinking about doing the same would be to pay someone else to do it haha Time for a pint or 3

Before;
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
During
After
I relocated the electric wing mirror switches to the Hawkeye console by fitting them to the lid of a maplins electronis box (pretty close colour and texture match of the console) I then modified the console where the DCCD controlls usually are so it would fit in properly. This is how the end result looked
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptySun 29 Jan - 21:38

did the plugs for the heaters just plug in
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptySun 29 Jan - 21:43

Top job mate, looks cool Cool
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptySun 29 Jan - 21:45

Ive been wondering the same, plus the connectors for the A/C, the demist and the re-circ ?

I nearly bought one cheap recently but reckoned it wouldnt be possible so binned the idea.
Back to top Go down
Robbo

Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptySun 29 Jan - 21:54

Cheers jonny Smile All the heater controlls and the electrics just plug straight into the new sockets and work as they should so that's the easy part really, I needed to replace the handbrake though
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptySun 29 Jan - 22:01

im tempted to order this from Ebay LOL Smile Pay day.......... looks 100x Better
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 16:05

Robbo, what the deal with the replacement handbrake ??

I was fancying a crack at this till you said that.
Back to top Go down
REZ

REZ

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 16:23

I'll have a spare handbrake soon mate when I fit my STI item.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Robbo

Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 16:38

The handbrake on mine was standard STI MY04 but that handbrake doesn't fit into the STI MY05 onwards centre console, its sits at a different angle to the newer ones so needed to swap it to a MY05 onwards handbrake, fairly simple to do though and only cost 25 quid for a new handbrake second hand so I wouldn't let it put you off
Back to top Go down
REZ

REZ

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 17:42

Robbo wrote:
The handbrake on mine was standard STI MY04 but that handbrake doesn't fit into the STI MY05 onwards centre console, its sits at a different angle to the newer ones so needed to swap it to a MY05 onwards handbrake, fairly simple to do though and only cost 25 quid for a new handbrake second hand so I wouldn't let it put you off

So to avoid me ripping out old handbrake for no reason! Will the one I have fit the facelift consol robbo? Is it same as yours...
Back to top Go down
Robbo

Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 17:53

I'm not sure to be honest matey, I've read threads of people changing their consoles on scoobynet where they didn't have to change the handbrake but I had to change mine so its your call mate, I'm happy to give you the tenner back if it doesn't fit though as its only fair
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 17:59

Its strange REZ, as Mutz Nutz has a 55 Reg Waggon and his has the newer Door Cards liek yours.......... but has the newer dash also LOL
Back to top Go down
REZ

REZ

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 19:58

Andyg wrote:
Its strange REZ, as Mutz Nutz has a 55 Reg Waggon and his has the newer Door Cards liek yours.......... but has the newer dash also LOL

Mine has the hawk face lift consol Andy but fitting full STI jobby.. no worries about handbrake robbo, for a tenner I'll keep it either way
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 20:10

Oh bolx, so this isn't just swapping out the silver bits, I need the whole centre section from a Hawk, yes ??
Back to top Go down
Robbo

Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 20:14

Aye you'll need the full shabang keith, I've got a photo of all the parts you'll need to make it work so ill upload it for you after the footie
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:34

Will I ever learn clown
Back to top Go down
Robbo

Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyFri 3 Feb - 8:36

here you go keith mate, you need everything here apart from the metal thing on the right hand side (no idea what that is)

Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyFri 3 Feb - 8:57

Chuffing McChuff - thats a lot more than I thought I needed. Ive chucked the idea on the backburner for now as I need to calm down after some nifty spending of late, but I may take a look at this later in the year.

And I can see that yours has come out of a left hand drive, same as I was looking at. No probs with handbrake etc ?
Back to top Go down
Robbo

Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyFri 3 Feb - 9:06

kgt wrote:
And I can see that yours has come out of a left hand drive, same as I was looking at. No probs with handbrake etc ?

Sorry mate, this isn't my actual console is just a picture I found on the net of the parts needed haha, mine came out of a UK Hawkeye STI. A left hand drive one wouldn't fit a UK model as the bolt holes for the handbrake would be on the wrong side
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyFri 3 Feb - 9:10

Good job I didnt buy the tw@t then, I thought it was a bargain. Embarassed Laughing

Cracking job by the way, lets see what Mr Greer comes up with as he's onto this now.
Back to top Go down
Robbo

Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyFri 3 Feb - 9:15

haha I know mate I nearly made the same mistake myself after finding a cheap one from America on fleebay. Cheers bud im pleased with the end result like but It wasn't easy hopefully Greer doesn't find it too much of a ball ache
Back to top Go down
greigy27

greigy27

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyFri 3 Feb - 10:46

Keith how much you wanting to pay theres a full set on ebay item number 230740093125 he wants 95 quid and its from appelby so could have a canny run out in the scoob to pick it up if not want 15 quid delivery
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyThu 9 Feb - 9:32

Greigy, do me a favour and stop putting the syringe full of heroin on a plate and offering it to me.

Remind me to kick you very hard and very directly in the dangly parts next time we meet. Evil or Very Mad Laughing
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyThu 9 Feb - 10:10

kgt wrote:
Greigy, do me a favour and stop putting the syringe full of heroin on a plate and offering it to me.

Remind me to kick you very hard and very directly in the dangly parts next time we meet. Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Lol they look good get em bought lucky as I had them in mine 05 plate wonder when they decide to change them Question
Back to top Go down
greigy27

greigy27

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion EmptyThu 9 Feb - 11:01

Have you went and bought it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion   Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion Empty

Back to top Go down

Blob to Hawk Centre Console Coversion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next