North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
natski

natski

Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps Empty
PostSubject: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 15:34

Going to get my roof done to go with my bonnet. Can't decide about the boot tho. Don't know if I like the wrapped boot look or not. Could do with getting something done with the boot cos I pulled a bit of paint of debadgeing it and the top of the boot lid seems a bit Orange peely. Anyway what's your opinions on the wrapped boot look. I seen a nice one on a YouTube vid a while back it was carbon wrapped with a great big cosworth decal on looked nice.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 17:55

Wow over 30 views and nobody can be bothered to have an opinion on this. Come on guys what do ya think ??
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 17:59

Don't like wrapping on a blue car full stop,tbh on any wrapped car it just looks like you have replaced the bonnet (and boot if you get it done) and not got round to getting them sprayed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 18:21

What about the roof daz ? You can't replace a roof lol.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 18:23

If you get the roof done aswell I think it will look fine, got to be cheaper than painting too.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 18:27

I do see where your coming from tho. If the roof is also done it looks more like its ment to be like that. And not like you ain't got round to painting your replaced bits. Don't know if I should get the boot and roof done just the roof or remove it from the bonnet. Sometimes I like it sometimes I don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 18:28

If you've already got the bonnet & roof done then the boot makes sense as the colour will flow all the way from front to back. Are you doing the spoiler as well or leaving it WR blue?

As long as it's what you like and are happy with then that''s the important thing. Wink
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 18:32

And yea jonny got to be cheaper than painting. One of the things I wish I stuck at in life was car bodywork but I was only young at the time and wanted to smash things up for a living lol.. I ain't got the roof done yet just trying to decide what to do as I can never make my mind up.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 18:37

Oh the spoiler.. I have had the blade done and it looks very nice. I will be leaving the sides blue and wrapping the boot lid if I decide to go ahead with the boot job. Or if I decide to remove the bonnet wrap the blade will be staying wrapped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 18:48

natski redcar wrote:
Oh the spoiler.. I have had the blade done and it looks very nice. I will be leaving the sides blue and wrapping the boot lid if I decide to go ahead with the boot job. Or if I decide to remove the bonnet wrap the blade will be staying wrapped.

Lots of options then - no wonder you can't make your mind up lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 18:56

Marietto wrote:
natski redcar wrote:

Lots of options then - no wonder you can't make your mind up lol! lol!

Exactly lol.
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 19:29

natski redcar wrote:

Yep you can in real carbon.
Personally i prefer the real thing over the 3m film stuff.
Its your motor go with what you think bud.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 19:56

maxboost wrote:
natski redcar wrote:

Yep you can in real carbon.

Ok fair enough..
Think I'm just goin to pull it off and concentrate on getting the power up a bit.
Back to top Go down
CLASSICWRX

CLASSICWRX

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 22:33

i have bonnet roof and boot on my classic.i think it looks good but thats my opinion deno27 did mine think he did your bonnet.had mine on 5/6 months and still looks like new saved getting the roof and bonnet resprayed as they were faded.would try and get you a pic up of mine but tryed putting them up but god nows how it works lol.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 22:42

Yea deano27 did mine he did a great job of it too..

Posting pics is easy have you read this

https://nesf.forumotion.co.uk/t10385-hosting-photos-images-etc-easy-guide-with-screenshots

Great guide..
Back to top Go down
CLASSICWRX

CLASSICWRX

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps EmptySat 28 Jul - 22:46

aint see it will have a look and try it again.yea deano27 is a canny lad does all my stuff ie wrapping windows.give him a call and he might sort you out a good deal i think it will look good but its your car mate do as you thinks best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps   Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrapped boot... thoughts please peeps
Page 1 of 1