North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
cheap car stereo review EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
cheap car stereo review EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
cheap car stereo review EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
cheap car stereo review EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
cheap car stereo review EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
cheap car stereo review EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
cheap car stereo review EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
cheap car stereo review EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
cheap car stereo review EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

cheap car stereo review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stevebt

stevebt

cheap car stereo review Empty
PostSubject: cheap car stereo review   cheap car stereo review EmptySun 9 Sep - 23:06

After being sick of my fancy dvd player not being able to play music from my ipod or my phone I decided to look into an upgrade for it so I could use them. A proper upgraded box was coming in at around £50 which I refused to pay so started looking at a normal stereo with bluetooth for my phone.

I looked on ebay and the good models were averaging around £150'ish with 2nd hand models going for around £60'ish? I then decided to try a cheap model as I presumed if it lasted a year or so it would be cheaper in the long run?

I bought this model from ebay, yes its not a top brand Smile
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300757580357?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It connected directly to my cars stereo leads and for the 1st time in 6 years of owning the car I actually had a radio working Smile I conected my phone to the aux input at the back and the audio was soo bad I thought well it serves me right for buying cheap. I then went to my van and pulled the proper iphone lead off and plugged that into the front aux and the sound was spot on Smile

I then decided to pair the phone and try the bluetooth so I phoned the missus and the call quality was excellent on my side and she said it was on her side as well. The stereo is tiny as it doesn't support cds so I just threw all the copy cds in the bin.

The only downside I can see so far is that when I added a 6 gig sd card there is no way of knowing what album is playing from it due to the display but then I suppose that is no worse than putting my ipod on shuffle.

I have a bluetooth pioneer stereo in the van but it doesn't work with my phone as I never got a mic for it and they are about £20 to buy, I'm so tempted to just sell that one off now and buy another one of these as its just so much easier to use my phone while driving Smile
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: cheap car stereo review   cheap car stereo review EmptySun 9 Sep - 23:58

After spending an absolute fortune on your car do you really think its a sensible idea to fit a £40 quid stereo that has the potential to set your car on fire ??
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: cheap car stereo review   cheap car stereo review EmptyMon 10 Sep - 0:04

The cheap stereo is probably perfect as its reduced the weight of the car buy about 2kg compared to the old system plus I don't think cheap means it will bust into flames as if that was true drews car would be a burning shell by now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: cheap car stereo review   cheap car stereo review EmptyMon 10 Sep - 0:11

Lmfao Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cheap car stereo review   cheap car stereo review Empty

Back to top Go down

cheap car stereo review
Page 1 of 1