North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
which turbo would you go with?? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
which turbo would you go with?? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
which turbo would you go with?? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
which turbo would you go with?? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
which turbo would you go with?? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
which turbo would you go with?? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
which turbo would you go with?? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
which turbo would you go with?? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

which turbo would you go with??

Go down 
+4
Jonny Gav
FINN
drew@drewsautos
stevebt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stevebt

stevebt

which turbo would you go with?? Empty
PostSubject: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptySun 9 Sep - 23:22

There is a problem with my car making boost so I have decied to upgrade the turbo as it may be one of the problems but its doubtfull?

My choices are

gt35/42, got one in my garage now but its and older style turbo and probably maxes out at around 660bhp with a little more lag than modern gt35's?

gtx3582, with either .82 or .63 housing and 700+ potential? I was talking to Bigarf who recently added one of these to his car and he said he prefered the gt3542 over the gtx35 as the gtx has nothing til say 4200rpm then its like feck me Very Happy

gtx3576, it has the potential to do the same power as my turbo now but with the spool of a gtx30.

Scoobyclinic gt35xt-r, great turbo with propably better spool than most of the turbo's above and say a 700 bhp potential.

Most people will just say go with the one that make more power but more power means more stress and more breakages. I'm happy with a steady 650'sh but which one would you pick?
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptySun 9 Sep - 23:40

I think a Td04 wud suite ya no probs Smile if ya think it's a turdo prob why don't ya just get it properly tested
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptySun 9 Sep - 23:50

Andy forrest doesn't think its the turbo, but I'm not paying out for anymore mapping and turbo swapping costs. I'm just going to change it with the other things I know and be done with it. I'm also not in a hurry to do it so will probably get it done over the xmas period.

I think the td04 is more suited to your driving style, I bet it was your idea to put my location as captain slow Smile
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 0:35

700 bhp Rolling Eyes

does the higher bhp increase the driver skills ???

errrrrrmmmmm NO ...

steve wen ur car achieves 700bhp what do you think everyone thinks ov you ????

jocolor jocolor jocolor or

king king king king or

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

theres no smileys for knob jockey or a would have told u my thoughts ...

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 17:27

Paul, the power just comes with the turbo as they have all improved so much over the years.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 18:11

Put a H6 in it, you know you want to!
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 18:12

Jonny, I would rather sell than waste that amount of cash on it. Its pissing me off having to buy another turbo for it Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 18:46

Why do you think you have a faulty turbo?
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 18:57

Its not making boost and its one of the possibles, rather than waste more cash on testing I'm just going to change the fecker. Finn thinks it could be the wastegate and so do I but I'm taking no chances.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 19:25

Isn't it worth swapping the wastegate out first, it's the cheaper of the two possible causes.
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 20:04

But if its not that there is just more spend on stripping and fitting parts at least If I change the turbo that can be looked at easier and won't make any difference.

If someone had a spare tial 44mm wastegate lying around I think I would go for that option but they don't?
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 20:14

IT IS THE EXTERNAL WASTE GATE WHATS CAUSING YOU THE BOOST PROBLEMS .....

Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 20:34

Finn it'd be easier telling Har vey how to port headers lol Steve won't listen Smile he's going to change the turbo regardless of whether it's the problem or not and then he'll be twisting it cost him more money lol

Wastegates cheapest option
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 21:47

Drew I don't suppose you have a 44mm tial wastegate lying around on your car for me to try Smile
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyMon 10 Sep - 22:16

Nope got a precision turbo 46mm on mine Smile
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyTue 11 Sep - 6:52

Some buggers have more money than sense.
"the cars not making full boost, ahh, lets just buy a new blower & see if that solves it". Crazy!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tizer

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyTue 11 Sep - 8:47

maxboost wrote:
Some buggers have more money than sense.
"the cars not making full boost, ahh, lets just buy a new blower & see if that solves it". Crazy!!!!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyTue 11 Sep - 17:04

[quote="maxboost"]Some buggers have more money than sense.
"the cars not making full boost, ahh, lets just buy a new blower & see if that solves it". Crazy!!!!!![/
quote]

Two mappers have told me it is the turbo, I wouldn't be buying one for the fun of it.
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyTue 11 Sep - 19:05

As said in your 1st post ' There is a problem with my car making boost so I have decied to upgrade the turbo as it may be one of the problems but its doubtfull?'

And then in the third post 'Andy forrest doesn't think its the turbo,'

Steve there must be other investigative avenues to use to give you a definitive answer before shelling out over 1k.

Finn seems to be very confidant it the wastegate 'IT IS THE EXTERNAL WASTE GATE WHATS CAUSING YOU THE BOOST PROBLEMS .....'

I still stand by my comment on your train of thought of finding the root cause. Crazy!, But its your money bud spend it how you see fit to solve your boost issue, i hope you get it sorted.
However i do agree you need more power, as you have the gear changing speed of miss Daisy's driver. lol!

Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyTue 11 Sep - 19:38

just blanc off the e/w and try it in a 3rd gear
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyTue 11 Sep - 20:23

Andy Kindon wrote:

Andy don't think stopping the e/w (electric windows) working will help at all Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? EmptyWed 12 Sep - 17:11

Andy Kindon wrote:

Andy tried that and it made no difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which turbo would you go with??   which turbo would you go with?? Empty

Back to top Go down

which turbo would you go with??
Page 1 of 1