North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

WARNING -Potential Money Pit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
atwrx

atwrx

WARNING -Potential Money Pit Empty
PostSubject: WARNING -Potential Money Pit   WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyTue 29 Jan - 8:04

I don't care if you have a naming and shaming policy, I hope you haven't.

I went to aspect cars in Sunderland on Saturday to view the car in the attached link, it was advertised at under £4500. When I got there I was told that the car had a deposit on it already (had only been advertised on the Friday night). Anyway I had a good look around the car while they garage looked at mine.

They offered my that car for £500 plus my car, which I was going to go ahead with, until the following was viewed;
Rust bubbles (quite bad) above the front window, would require window out and re-spray to prevent any further damage, still no guarantee there tho.
The front chassis member under the bonnet, where the rad is attached, rusted really badly, possibly to the point where it would need cut out and replaced to repair it.
The boot lid under the spoiler was corroding pretty bad, a new boot lid or a very skilled repair would be required.
The Boot was stinking of damp, would require new carpets at the very minimum.

At this point I decided (bear in mind I'm desperate to get back into a scooby) to walk from the deal, there was just too much work required, then I hadn't even had a look under the car to see inf the chassis/sills were corroding, which they no doubt were judging by the rest of the car.

Now, the people who bought the car have just advertised it for another £2000 and not even bothered to use their own photographs, the pics are still in front of Aspect Motors.

If this car was anything to go by, I'd never touch Jus Sports with a huge fecking barge pole. Just a warning to you potential buyers out there.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/subaru/impreza-sti/subaru-impreza-sti-type-uk-low-miles/1043764
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: WARNING -Potential Money Pit   WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyTue 29 Jan - 10:38

Brilliant, now I'm being abused by email as he knows he's been outed. Also reported him to Pistonheads. Might contact trading standards too. I think I'll actually invest a little bit of time into this as I've not got much else to do Laughing
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: WARNING -Potential Money Pit   WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyTue 29 Jan - 14:24

I would of bought it 47K on the clock !!
Did it have history with it to verify the mileage ??
You probably could of got it for £4000 cash and the bodywork could of been sorted out for under £1500 easy..
Worth about what jus sports are asking for it now with the bodywork sorted out maybe a bit more with that kind of mileage on the clock.......
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: WARNING -Potential Money Pit   WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyTue 29 Jan - 14:37

natski wrote:
I would of bought it 47K on the clock !!
Did it have history with it to verify the mileage ??
You probably could of got it for £4000 cash and the bodywork could of been sorted out for under £1500 easy..
Worth about what jus sports are asking for it now with the bodywork sorted out maybe a bit more with that kind of mileage on the clock.......
Yeah but they haven't sorted the bodywork out, unless they're miracle workers, they only bought it on Saturday/Sunday. They're just selling it straight on, apparently has a buyer for it.

Plus, fook knows what the underside of the car was like. No way is it worth that sort of money in its condition. There are dozens out there at £5k-£6k. Yes it had history, not sure what, I certainly wasn't goin to be the one taking the risk on that POS. And definitely not at the price they have it now, I hope whoever has a deposit on it actually views it with their eyes open.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: WARNING -Potential Money Pit   WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyTue 29 Jan - 14:55

Anyway, I'm not complaining about the car, the car is in the state it is, I didn't want it as it was, what I do have issues with is the new seller trying to Rob people, especially after the emails I've had off them, as he seems pretty pleased with himself that he's making £2000 profit from a car that is worth nowhere near that as it stands, yet selling it as a great example of a car. So god knows what the rest of the stock is like.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: WARNING -Potential Money Pit   WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyTue 29 Jan - 15:12

natski wrote:

Did you not read this part of my post properly Very Happy

Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: WARNING -Potential Money Pit   WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyTue 29 Jan - 15:14

And I agree with you completely about jus sports...
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: WARNING -Potential Money Pit   WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyTue 29 Jan - 15:21

natski wrote:
natski wrote:

Did you not read this part of my post properly Very Happy

Yes but the grammar fried my brain lol!
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: WARNING -Potential Money Pit   WARNING -Potential Money Pit EmptyTue 29 Jan - 15:42

Makes perfect sense to me bad grammar or not..
Maybe I should of listened more at school instead of taking drugs and fighting all the time lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WARNING -Potential Money Pit   WARNING -Potential Money Pit Empty

Back to top Go down

WARNING -Potential Money Pit
Page 1 of 1