North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Problems with Cobra alarm....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
impretzive

impretzive

Problems with Cobra alarm.... Empty
PostSubject: Problems with Cobra alarm....   Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptyFri 25 Jun - 9:01

Hello all,

The scoob has been sitting for a bout 3 - 4 month in the garage with a flat battery....Charged it up last night and out i went to lock her, shut the doors, bonnet etc and pressed the large button on the fob. The indicator lights flashed twice as normal but only the drivers door locked and the alarm is just constantly making a "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" tone until i deactivate it....had to leave the alarm off and lock all the doors from the inside, then lock the drivers door with the key....... Can anyone offer any advice?

It may also be worth noting that i had also stripped the car while she was off the road for some sound proofing and i "tidied" up the wires under the dash, might i have disconnected something? Any help appreciated..

Dave H
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Cobra alarm....   Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptyFri 25 Jun - 17:29

That is a tough one mate, i would go back over everything you have moved, also check to see if the alarm has a wire going into the boot in case it is open circuit.
Failing that it may be worth giving a mobile auto sparkey a ring, they ain't cheap though Shocked
Back to top Go down
impretzive

impretzive

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Cobra alarm....   Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptyFri 25 Jun - 18:43

Jonny Gav wrote:
That is a tough one mate, i would go back over everything you have moved, also check to see if the alarm has a wire going into the boot in case it is open circuit.
Failing that it may be worth giving a mobile auto sparkey a ring, they ain't cheap though Shocked

Cheers mate, am going out to attack it now Laughing pay some one!!!!!!! thats a swear word in our house Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Cobra alarm....   Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptyFri 25 Jun - 19:00

A constant beep when arm is indicating something is open, door, bonnet etc.
Back to top Go down
impretzive

impretzive

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Cobra alarm....   Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptySat 26 Jun - 0:11

D4VEW557 wrote:

I thought that but nothing is open? When i sripped the drivers door there is a wire that goes from the door lock motor i assume to teh alarm unit...it was snagging on the drivers window so i cut the wire to extend it....i am guessing here but i think i may have re-connected the ends the wrong way round Embarassed i am just guessing of course so i will look at that tomorrow.

I have just come in the house!! had to pout the seats, doorcards blah blah back in after work as shes in for her MOT tomorrow.... Neutral finger crossed

Cheers lads
Back to top Go down
impretzive

impretzive

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Cobra alarm....   Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptySat 26 Jun - 10:16

SHE PASSED [b] Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5

NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Cobra alarm....   Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptySat 26 Jun - 10:41

impretzive wrote:
SHE PASSED [b] Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Its always good when another one passes Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mowngo.biz
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Cobra alarm....   Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptySat 26 Jun - 11:18

Congratulations cheers

Now all you have to do is take everything back out again Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Cobra alarm....   Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptySat 26 Jun - 12:18

low charge in the battery?
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Cobra alarm....   Problems with Cobra alarm.... EmptySat 26 Jun - 15:46

impretzive wrote:
D4VEW557 wrote:

I thought that but nothing is open? When i sripped the drivers door there is a wire that goes from the door lock motor i assume to teh alarm unit...it was snagging on the drivers window so i cut the wire to extend it....i am guessing here but i think i may have re-connected the ends the wrong way round Embarassed i am just guessing of course so i will look at that tomorrow.

I have just come in the house!! had to pout the seats, doorcards blah blah back in after work as shes in for her MOT tomorrow.... Neutral finger crossed

Cheers lads

I would think wires going into the door are purely for central locking. It will get the door open feed from the door pin switch circuit. I'm assuming it is an after market alarm. If it is, it will have one feed for the boot one for all the doors and one for the bonnnet if any of these see an earth signal it will cause a constant beep.
I believe this should stop after a period of time though and the acu will ignore the circuit causing the problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Cobra alarm....   Problems with Cobra alarm.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Problems with Cobra alarm....
Page 1 of 1