North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Car alarm problems. EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Car alarm problems. EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Car alarm problems. EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Car alarm problems. EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Car alarm problems. EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Car alarm problems. EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Car alarm problems. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Car alarm problems. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Car alarm problems. EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Car alarm problems.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Richieg

Car alarm problems. Empty
PostSubject: Car alarm problems.   Car alarm problems. EmptyThu 24 Apr - 10:54

I have just bought my first impreza the cars spot on apart from one thing, the alarm keeps going off not all the time but at 2 am the neighbors dont seem impressed. I picked the car up a week past sat and the alarm has gone off six times now including just before i started to write this.

the alarm sounds for 30 secs or so then goes off. Not sure what type of alarm it is but its a black and blue fob with one button and subaru on it.

Anyone have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Car alarm problems.   Car alarm problems. EmptyThu 24 Apr - 11:28

I had this problem when I got my car, I thought it might be the wind setting it off or heat in the summer months. I got sick of it going off all the time. I never really found out what was setting it off but I suspect it was because I had a weak main battery as It was a few years old. I don't even bother setting it now, I just use the button on the key to lock and unlock it and the blue fob is just used to take the immobiliser off bwefore I start the car.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Car alarm problems.   Car alarm problems. EmptyThu 24 Apr - 16:27

Probs be a sigma m30 alarm
Back to top Go down
Richieg

PostSubject: Re: Car alarm problems.   Car alarm problems. EmptyThu 24 Apr - 18:13

just googled the m30 alarm, looks to be that one. thanks andyden71 Smile
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Car alarm problems.   Car alarm problems. EmptyThu 24 Apr - 19:24

No probs but same as mine I take it you never got the user manual for the alarm when you got the car mate
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Car alarm problems.   Car alarm problems. EmptyThu 24 Apr - 19:41

Yeah same here, I had a sigma alarm, used to have to take my battery leads off as I couldn't figure how to remove the alarm from the car as it controlled the immobiliser
Back to top Go down
Richieg

PostSubject: Re: Car alarm problems.   Car alarm problems. EmptyThu 24 Apr - 19:48

good question, i think i might have the instruction manual never thought of that. altho that wont tell me if there is a common fault with them or not? will hunt it out tomorrow and have a read through it, car came with alarm immobiliser and tracker fitted.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Car alarm problems.   Car alarm problems. EmptyThu 24 Apr - 19:53

Just google sigma m30 common faults see what comes up
Back to top Go down
Richieg

PostSubject: Re: Car alarm problems.   Car alarm problems. EmptyThu 24 Apr - 21:03

i did, no luck Sad. i have opened every door and made sure its shut along with bonnet and boot lid duno it that would make a difference but hasnt gone off so far (fingers crossed)
Thanks again for the model name, google brought up the programe guide for the alarm so if all else fails i can play with the setting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Car alarm problems.   Car alarm problems. EmptyThu 24 Apr - 22:07

Only happy to help rich
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Car alarm problems.   Car alarm problems. EmptyThu 24 Apr - 22:56

What about me, didn't I help too? Lol I have exactly the same alarm and I could have told you it was a sigma. They use exactly the same alarm in some of the BMWs. Have you thought about cleaning the contact under the bonnet? There's like a black plunger type device either near the slam panel or near the right hand strut. It might need taking off and cleaning or squirting with wd40 as this detects whether or not the bonnet has shut properly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car alarm problems.   Car alarm problems. Empty

Back to top Go down

Car alarm problems.
Page 1 of 1