North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Exhaust questions. EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Exhaust questions. EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Exhaust questions. EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Exhaust questions. EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Exhaust questions. EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Exhaust questions. EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Exhaust questions. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Exhaust questions. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Exhaust questions. EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Exhaust questions.

Go down 
+5
Steviedoo
atwrx
keffer
Kato
Michael
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael

Michael

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptyFri 29 Mar - 20:01

What size bore is the standard downpipe on a blob Sti?

I bought the TSL back box off carman and went to fit it today. The flanges on the backbox and centre don't match up. I'm guessing I have a blitz centre and backbox and the flanges are different. The downpipe appears to be 3" as we'll as the rest of the system. It looks like it has a cat in so not sure if its standard or been swapped.
Back to top Go down
Kato

Kato

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptyFri 29 Mar - 20:25

I have an sti midsection on mine and its 2.75"
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptyFri 29 Mar - 20:43

Well that's confused me even more. Ha
Back to top Go down
Kato

Kato

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptyFri 29 Mar - 20:46

Haha, the lads on here know more than me mate, I just know my centre sections the oem from an sti blobeye Smile someone might come allng and put me right
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptyFri 29 Mar - 20:50

std is 2.5" if i remember correctly
i'm running a full 3" blitz nur spec R exhaust system on mine and it is very nice Cool
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptyFri 29 Mar - 21:43

Standard system has 2.5" pipework and flanges. If you have 3" system, you'll probably have a sports cat in downpipe.

Do you have any pics you can put up? Standard system is very easy to spot, it looks terrible Laughing
Does the system that's on look like a stainless system?

Here's a pic of the original one
http://www.subaru-impreza-parts.co.uk/products/subaru-impreza-parts/subaru-impreza-exhaust/subaru-impreza-standard-downpipe.html
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptyFri 29 Mar - 22:05

It's defo not the standard exhaust then. Looking at pics it looks like a sports cat. Like the ninja or RCM etc.. It's 3" all the way, and Blitz NUr spec centre and back box.

I presume with no cel staying on (goes off like it should), its probably been mapped? Or would the sports cat be ok?
I can see all the 02 sensors are in like they should be
Back to top Go down
Kato

Kato

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptyFri 29 Mar - 23:38

Mine will be 2.5" then Smile my mistake
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 7:44

Some sports cats (the good ones) can be fitted without a remap and the cell light won't come on, mine didn't until I hammered it one day (I forgot), it was a 100 CEL from revolution. You can get 200CEL which I think would keep your light off all together.

If you've got a Blobeye, have you checked to see if you've got an EcuTek remap? If its been open source mapped you won't be able to find out unless someone plugs it into a laptop.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 7:48

Kato wrote:
Mine will be 2.5" then Smile my mistake
I think if you actually measure the pipework, it comes out larger than you think. I'm sure a 3" system uses 80mm pipework and a 2.5" system uses 68mm pipe. I could be wrong, but I remember buying my system from Alyn ASP and it was 2.5" but the pipe looked huge.

It's because people tend to use metric sizes these days
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 8:14

atwrx wrote:
Some sports cats (the good ones) can be fitted without a remap and the cell light won't come on, mine didn't until I hammered it one day (I forgot), it was a 100 CEL from revolution. You can get 200CEL which I think would keep your light off all together.

If you've got a Blobeye, have you checked to see if you've got an EcuTek remap? If its been open source mapped you won't be able to find out unless someone plugs it into a laptop.

How do you check to see if you have a EcuTek remap, didn't realise you could tell.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 8:22

Throttle to the floor and double tap the rear demister button, double tap it pretty quick, as in within a second or two.

As far as I'm aware, it only works on new age cars.
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 8:33

That only works if its got 2 boost settings, only true way is with a laptop
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 8:35

atwrx wrote:
Throttle to the floor and double tap the rear demister button, double tap it pretty quick, as in within a second or two.

That's only if its been mapped that way, had mine mapped with EcuTek software but mine doesn't have that feature on it, so no way of telling on mine without plugging laptop in, so others might be the same also
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 8:51

Steviedoo wrote:
atwrx wrote:

That's only if its been mapped that way, had mine mapped with EcuTek software but mine doesn't have that feature on it, so no way of telling on mine without plugging laptop in, so others might be the same also

Well yes fair enough, it'll have to have the twin boost settings on it, I thought it was done to most cars anyway and don't see the point in not having it if its there as an option?

It would still be worth the OP trying to see if it happens. I thought it was on all cars, but obviously not.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 8:58

Suppose like you say it's worth him trying it to see if it has 2 boost settings, I personally don't see the point of having the 2 boost settings as you can just leave it in the higher setting and use your right foot to control how much boost you want, then theirs always the option of planting it when needing full power without having the fook on of having to press a switch.
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 9:08

No it's because when wife jumps in low setting ! Also if u leave at your mates low setting !!
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 9:18

Steviedoo wrote:
Suppose like you say it's worth him trying it to see if it has 2 boost settings, I personally don't see the point of having the 2 boost settings as you can just leave it in the higher setting and use your right foot to control how much boost you want, then theirs always the option of planting it when needing full power without having the fook on of having to press a switch.

That's what I was getting at. Just see if he has it then he would know. Like I said tho it could have still been mapped even if it doesn't have the two boost settings.

I like having the two options as I do a lot of miles and can make sure I run low boost, so I don't have to fook about keeping my right foot in check. Plus when I'm cruising the boost is around atmospheric pressure so no boost = quality mpg. Just personal preference.

Some would see no point in having 2 free weather apps on their phone, but I think "why not?" If you can Laughing
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 15:29

I put mine onto the low setting when I want my clutch to work as it should. Although I think either mine is stuck on the high boost map or my clutch is well on its way out as its slipping all the time..
As mentioned above its a wise idea to leave it on the low setting when taking it to a garage,letting the other half have a go ect ect

Oh and it's not just the boost that different its the air/fuel ratio too so it uses less juice. Lets be honest you only need the other map to get away from tailgaters anyway Wink
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 15:45

natski wrote:
I put mine onto the low setting when I want my clutch to work as it should. Although I think either mine is stuck on the high boost map or my clutch is well on its way out as its slipping all the time..
As mentioned above its a wise idea to leave it on the low setting when taking it to a garage,letting the other half have a go ect ect

Oh and it's not just the boost that different its the air/fuel ratio too so it uses less juice. Lets be honest you only need the other map to get away from tailgaters anyway Wink

When using the demister button to alter the boost settings, this is not 2 different maps all it does is keep the boost lower, so the fueling and everything else about the map is the same, apart from the boost being a bit lower, am sure someone else can explain how this works, but it's definitely not 2 different maps. That can only be achieved with the likes of race-rom
Back to top Go down

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 15:49

Steviedoo wrote:
natski wrote:

When using the demister button to alter the boost settings, this is not 2 different maps all it does is keep the boost lower, so the fueling and everything else about the map is the same, apart from the boost being a bit lower, am sure someone else can explain how this works, but it's definitely not 2 different maps. That can only be achieved with the likes of race-rom

....I've got Race-rom Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ....I've got 2 maps - 1 called "Drive" and 1 called "Race" .....I love it bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 15:51

Marietto wrote:
Steviedoo wrote:
natski wrote:

....I've got Race-rom Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ....I've got 2 maps - 1 called "Drive" and 1 called "Race" .....I love it bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

How do you switch between the 2 different maps with race-rom then Mario
Back to top Go down

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 15:53

Steviedoo wrote:
Marietto wrote:
Steviedoo wrote:
natski wrote:

How do you switch between the 2 different maps with race-rom then Mario

Push accelerator to floor and push demister on & off - can be done whilst driving as well as whilst stationary
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 15:57

Oh I see Embarassed so this can be done with the demister button then, I always thought this 2 map thing with the demister button only altered the boost level and was not actually 2 different maps, thought race-rom was totally different and worked in a different way, looks like I was wrong then, sure I read somewhere that that was the case though.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. EmptySat 30 Mar - 16:04

Steve It must alter the air/fuel or there would be no point to it you might as well just stick a bleed valve on the car and wait for it to blow up..
I'm not 100% sure I'm going to email Andy F and find out now if he replies I will post it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exhaust questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust questions.   Exhaust questions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Exhaust questions.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next