North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.

Go down 
+14
stevep360
iddysti
jonesy81
StickT
John h
Mariocinq
stevejones
Steviedoo
atwrx
locky@HYDROtek
Robbo_22
lian&johnsti
discodaz
maxboost
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
atwrx

atwrx

Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May - 22:00

Mariocinq wrote:
i was there and said i was a member on here and there was no mention of discount and the prices i was quoted were more expensive than on their website, plus they have a snot nosed little kid in there now that every time you ask him a question you get a blank "what" look back, i only went in for my red 3mm Vac pipes and some prices for boost pipes and DV and colies. lost my business too i'm affraid.

Sounds like the same turkey I spoke to on the phone.
Back to top Go down
John h

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May - 22:16

They are not doing themselves any favours with that approach imho.

I sincerly hope they "educate " themselves , the buying power of nearly 1000 nesf members should be worth taking notice off .

It's not like it's difficult to go elsewhere ......

The ball is in their court.

John H
Back to top Go down
Mariocinq

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May - 22:27

with on-line now i really dont have any problems going elsewhere and getting a better deal, plus i can do it from the comfort of my own sofa.

i will only use them for things like Vac pipes i think.
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May - 23:12

I don't rate Revolution and never have. Sorry to say that but I feel they look down at you abit and never seem to be bothered to really help you.
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySun 19 May - 6:12

Sounds like a good meet on Saturday then eh lol rule 1...side step the snotty kid.......Keith or glen the only two guys worth talking to IMO
Back to top Go down
jonesy81

jonesy81

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySun 19 May - 10:54

Just needs a sign putting up on his counter 10% discount to members of nesf and if u don't ask u don't get that's my moto anyway I got my mates tyres wheels and exhaust from up there and bill was totalling at about 1400 got him down to 1250 I started at a grand like lol
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySun 19 May - 11:20

they saved me over £300 on my milltek exhaust and where the cheapest in the UK. I did deal with Keith thou.

bought my KN filter, defo controller and gauge from them as we'll as I got a good deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptySun 19 May - 15:53

Still not had a reply but I am going to ring tomorrow if I don't hear from them before.

To say they are losing business seems to be an understatement and I'm sure that won't be what they want to hear .. so hopefully it can be ironed out for everyone's benefit.

If it's new staff (and we encountered a new lad while there mopping the floor and mopped us into a 2ft square) its obviously a training issue which they need to address .. if the person is asked a question that they don't understand they should ask.

So we shall see what happens next ....
Back to top Go down
stevep360

stevep360

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 0:04

I have spoke to Glenn. He suggested you ask for Keith to get the discount. A lot of the guys know but sounds like you spoke to the new kid on the block Brad.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 0:37

Keith is a real nice guy he helped me with choosing my alloys over the phone infact we had a good bit of crack the conversation escalated into all sorts of stuff and he had me on the phone for a good 45 mins.
( Yes steve360 you and your EX where mentioned quite a lot )

When I asked him about the NESF discount he said they cannot offer it on wheel and tyre packages, but he did me a zun sport lower grille at a very good price (that I can't remember sorry)

The new guy is on a YTS or some kind of apprentice scheme cut the lad some slack he is only about 17 FFS.. He makes a cracking cup of coffee and he loves scoobies too
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 1:06

StickT wrote:
I don't rate Revolution and never have. Sorry to say that but I feel they look down at you abit and never seem to be bothered to really help you.

Thing is, they were great when at their old shop. A lot more personal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 12:49

Spoken to Keith and he's going to come on and make a post explaining the discount.

Basically there are items which are already heavily discounted to be competetive online and there just isn't movement in them to do much discount but with other things he can shave something off the price and can sometimes offer more than 10% if they can.

The young lad is an apprentice and is still learning, so please be patient with him - everyone has been in the position of learning the ropes .. you always have the option of asking to speak to one of the longer serving members of staff if you don't feel you are getting the information or being given the service you'd like.

Hope that helps clear things up a bit.

Nic Smile
Back to top Go down
coldflame90

coldflame90

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 14:46

Do you think we will get abit more discount sat seems there's a lot of us going and probably spending a few quid?
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 16:32

Speak to glen
Back to top Go down
Revolution

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 16:43

Hi All

Here at Revolution we have always offered discount to NESF members, along with members for other forums we are involved with, MaxBoost, sorry to hear that you were not offered any discount, as Nic said it was our new apprentice who served you on Friday and he may not have been aware of the discounts on offer.

He is new and learning the ropes so to speak and is always supervised by another member of staff so again apologies if you were not offered any discount on the parts you asked for.
After all, we all had to start in our jobs somewhere!
Please feel free to contact me direct and I will sort a good price for you if you still require the parts you have listed.

With regards to the discounts available to NESF members, we have never been able to offer a blanket 10% off all products, due to differing discount structures we receive from suppliers we offer differing discount levels on different products, sometimes there is less than 10% available, sometimes more depending on the product or service.
We will always offer as much as possible as we always want to look after local clubs.

Again, as Nic has touched on in her post, discount nowadays is sometimes hard to give, we advertise products on our website www.revolution247.com at the most competitive prices we can, for instance we offer Scorpion exhaust systems at 17% off the manufacturers RRP to compete as that is 1% more discount than other on-line including ebay companies offer them at so with this particular brand we have very little more to offer for anybody not just NESF members, Milltek exhausts we advertise at 12% off the RRP, again to be competitive so someones comment earlier in the thread that 'the discount is already applied' possibly refers to this.

As Iddy, Locky, Natski et all will confirm, we always do the best we can for members and we do offer a price match policy so we will always try to match or beat any like for like quote for the same product - so the 'expensive as fook' comment is maybe a touch unjust....(unless we've missed something you can give us an example of).

We have a www.just-subaru.com website which is still live online but due to circumstances beyond our control as the web host went into liquidation rendering this website defunct and meaning we cannot edit it.
The pricing is a year old or so & therefore some are incorrect, this is something which is being rectified (with a new website coming this year) but our main website had to be the priority to get up and running first, now that is (almost!) done.

Regarding some members' comments saying that since we have moved to the new place we are less personal, the 3 main sales guys, myself, Glen and Adam who have been here a a total 39yrs.... and Brad (the new apprentice in question here) is the only new face you will speak to, apologies if this is how people think of us but we are the same guys doing the same job, just in a newer, better HQ!!

We have been involved with some of the NESF members since the early days, (before the TTS split) back in 1997 when we first opened and have a good relationship, I (we) do not want this to be tarnished by a new, young member of staff's simple lack of knowledge regarding forum discounts, so here's the list of people to contact on anything you need, be it sales, discounts, free advice etc etc.

Myself, Keith Tyler (General Manager)
keith@revolution247.com

Workshop Manager Glen (more technical stuff)
workshop@revolution247.com

All things sales, parts etc
adam@revolution247.com

For those who dont know, our workshop & warehouse team are:
big Andy, Daniel & Gary who are smashing chaps and always happy to help.

If you're in a hurry, its always best to call us on:
0191 4619200

See you all on Saturday for what we hope will be a great meet for everyone & if we don't say hello, please make a point of stopping us for a bit of scooby crack..!

We've (hopefully with boss Glenn's connections) got a small feature in Jap Performance mag too.

Hope that clarifies the matter a little and maxboost, please email me direct with your requirements and i will look after your needs personally.

Thanks

Keith

Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 17:21

They do try there best tbh gave me a load of free stuff as I was in work uniform because of a policy they have I.didn't even know about if they had one I think I might of walked out if there with a spear alloy
Back to top Go down
coldflame90

coldflame90

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 17:33

can you get me a spare uniform dave Smile

nice to see keith taking the time to come onto the forum and explain things I no im going to end up spending a fortune now.... well i say a fortune first thing is a boost gauge but a dump valve may also be in the offing so hopefully maybe abit of discount its always nice

Oh and the jap performance feature can i have a nice pic of mine in the mag pretty please awesome mag and always reading it
Back to top Go down
John h

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 17:33

Hi Nic,
first of all a big thank you for speaking to Keith on behalf of NESF . As ever your sensible approach has been listened to and got results !

Hi Keith,
thanks also for writing to NESF and providing such a comprehensive answer . It's good to have the contact numbers so that we can speak to the people with the expertise and experience in the right areas . Think this will help a lot .

Are there any "go faster bits" you can fit to your young apprentice to bring him up to speed that much sooner ?

I'm sure though , with your help and guidance , he'll soon be gaining the knowledge . Best of luck to him , it's not always easy being young .

John H

Back to top Go down
coldflame90

coldflame90

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 17:44

the young gun will be loving it sat with the flat four burbles going on hopefully the weather holds out for us has anyone checked it yet

little off topic but will you have stickers with you nic or as natty says sticklers
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 18:16

He's more into dub. Cars sadly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 18:20

SG03RRZ wrote:
They do try there best tbh gave me a load of free stuff as I was in work uniform because of a policy they have I.didn't even know about if they had one I think I might of walked out if there with a spear alloy

Was that your nurses uniform Dave? Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 18:27

Na mate the gimp suit bud
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 19:02

Firstly, thanks Keith for taking the time to explain a bit better about the discounts Smile

John h wrote:
Hi Nic,
first of all a big thank you for speaking to Keith on behalf of NESF . As ever your sensible approach has been listened to and got results !

John H

Embarassed Embarassed Ohhh John stop!! you're making me blush Wink But thank you for your kind comments Smile Embarassed Embarassed

coldflame90 wrote:
the young gun will be loving it sat with the flat four burbles going on hopefully the weather holds out for us has anyone checked it yet

little off topic but will you have stickers with you nic or as natty says sticklers

Yes I will have my trusty box of 'Sticklers' with me - but can you please PM me with what you're after and I'll make sure I have them for you Smile
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 19:09

There was no animosity on my behalf, the thread was started as a genreral question, but thanks for explaining the situation Keith, i've sent you a mail. Wink
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 19:31

Well the boys at revolution just made my day ;0)

Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 Null-43

HELL YEH!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.   Do we get discount @ Revolution ?. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do we get discount @ Revolution ?.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next