North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Willo

Willo

Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe Empty
PostSubject: Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe   Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptyTue 27 Jul - 13:02

Any way of reducing the engine bay temps from the radiator pipe? My top pipe is red hot, too hot to touch, never noticed it get this hot before, are there any aftermarket pipes that insulate temperatures more or has it been known for anyone to heat wrap it?

My inlet manifold and TMIC are red hot too...hmm...when i get the cash the downpipe and headers are getting wrapped and sealed, and TMIC is being layered with cool-tape but currently the temps in there must be killing it!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3384023
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe   Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptyTue 27 Jul - 13:13

It is normal for the top hose to be too hot to touch as that the pipe that take the 100+ degree coolant out of the engine to the radiator.

If you think about it, the thermostat doesn't allow coolant in that pipe untill it's 90 odd degrees so it will be fecking hot.

I think silicone has better thermal resistant propertys than rubber but i would think it will still get fairly hot.

Back to top Go down
Willo

Willo

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe   Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptyTue 27 Jul - 13:24

yeah mate i know but it's just annoying that that that heat is soaking the engine bay including the TMIC and the inlet manifold..might wrap it, ok it will look sh*t but at least it should reduce temp a little lol

It just makes you realise how much that heat must be affecting charge temperatures when the inlet manifold and intercooler are both red hot Shocked

I have heat reducing header tank spacers on already to try to reduce temp transfer from the header tank, but i was going to buy some of the header spacers too to try to reduce heat transfer there aswell

Heat wrapping is definately my number 1 priority now
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe   Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptyTue 27 Jul - 13:33

I've never heard of anyone heat wrapping coolant pipes, but i suppose in theory it will work the same as wrapping an exhaust but not make as much difference as wrappingthe headers.

Would be interesting to see if it does make much difference.

The down side as you say it looks a bit pants.

Is there any coolant system mods out there bar bigger rad.

I had a cool running stat fitted to my cav turbo, it took pi55ing ages to warm up in the winter but the temp gauge rarely got above 1/3
Back to top Go down
Willo

Willo

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe   Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe EmptyTue 27 Jul - 13:51

i had a 60degree Mishimoto thermostat come from America but customs got hold of it the wan8ers and were wanting £25 from me to release it...so i said just send it back to the seller...no chance!

Will still get one, but it means draining my coolant and i have JUST 2 weeks ago done a coolant change lol Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe   Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine bay heat from red hot radiator top pipe
Page 1 of 1