North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol Empty
PostSubject: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptyFri 7 Feb - 18:45

heres the before and after pics of my exhaust change and the best i could do with rotted catbox flange lol (if it lets me host pics now)
Image hosted by servimg.com

hopefully these pics show
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptyFri 7 Feb - 18:48

i cut the plange of the old centre section and used it as a mount behind a u clamp, does the job enough and theres no risk of the exhaust snapping and falling off, its only for a few months lol so not permanent
Back to top Go down
oggy

oggy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptyFri 7 Feb - 20:29

lol good job getting it on , the only thing I do is when I put the u clamps on I put them face up so as not to catch on road or speed humps  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptyFri 7 Feb - 20:57

Looks like a canny system mate is it a 2.5 or 3 inch
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptyFri 7 Feb - 22:28

its the 2.5" still got a bit of blow on it but have to wait till about july when we have the cash spare for a new stainless manifold and decat box then off to see my kid brother or my mot tester to help get it fitted and sealed 100%, untill then it'll just have to pee me off lol has a nice sound though, that is until the bodge and bandage blow off Sad
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptyFri 7 Feb - 22:41

exhaust goes hand in hand with the induction i have

Back to top Go down
bigwill

bigwill

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptyFri 7 Feb - 23:48

Looks good mate nice job bodging it up, pity the flange is so close to the box or you could have cut the lot off and sleeved it
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptyFri 7 Feb - 23:58

was thinking of sleeving it but would need a step down as the box pipe is smaller than the new exhaust, the flange on the cat now was cut off the old mid pipe and the clamp in the middle is stopping it coming off but also prevents 100% seal/join, just my luck really lol however im glad we got the full system as the old backbox was ready to fall off and actually snapped when i took it off so saved some cash there, anyway just gotta grit my teeth and bear it untill its all sorted in a few month, untill then im just making the best of a bad situation lol
Back to top Go down
bigwill

bigwill

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 0:04

If its only temp theres alot to be said for exhaust putty or even wrapping the joint
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 0:08

ive wrapped it with fibreglass and body filler and about 4 bandages earlier today lol gonna have to drop the whole system out just to cut the bodge off lmao it sounds 100% better than it did when i started it this morning, wont be long till its sorted, its just one of those things Smile
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 0:09

and thankyou for the compliment bud  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 0:19

Nice exhaust, just don't take too many baffles out of the system because it actually reduces Bhp on my opinion. Remove the cats and resonator on a turbo and it sounds great and gives you more power but on a non turbo you need the back pressure to propel you along. A system with no cats, straight centre section and massive exhaust is going to lose you valuable exhaust gases and actually slow you down with a non turbo
Back to top Go down
bigwill

bigwill

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 0:23

Hes exactly right, it drops the back pressure and nacks your compression!!
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 0:45

will look into a maybe getting high flow sports cat
Back to top Go down
bigwill

bigwill

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 0:50

Won't be cheap but they do work a treat
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 0:55

yep £295 from cobrasport, maybe that'll be my gift to me but unfortunately not till next year lol as need to get other stuff on car sorted first, more importantly my baby comes before anything else including my most adored car Smile
Back to top Go down
bigwill

bigwill

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 0:57

I know that feeling mate, my wifes 8 months pregnant so everythings on hold this year!!!!
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 0:58

your first?
Back to top Go down
bigwill

bigwill

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 0:59

My 4th!! Her first av been married before
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 1:01

ok bud, congrats anyway lol and i take it the family car compromise is about the wife saying get rid of the subaru ready for baby coming lol?
Back to top Go down
bigwill

bigwill

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 1:03

Yep you got it lol apparently i needed something we could fit a pram in, plenty of room in this bus
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 1:08

yup, thats how we got or "I" more like, our impreza, i had a celica that died and was running around in an almera, my wife gave me a handful of cash and said go get a new car but it has to be a 5 door and not a celica or a sports car but any 5 door car i want or could find, i asked if she was sure and she said ok so i went out and came back with the impreza lol she hasnt said anything bad about it so far and here we are 15 month later, our little boy is 14 month old now and he loves it, copies the engine noise as i pull away in it lol so cute, and its quite practical but i have on occasions thought maybe i should have gotten the estate version though but i dont really like the back end lol
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 1:09

and legacy is more than big enough for a pram and baby seat, with the added safety of the awd system Smile
Back to top Go down
bigwill

bigwill

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 1:13

She loves it just gets jealous of the time i spend on it lol
Back to top Go down
byronsdaddy

byronsdaddy

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol EmptySat 8 Feb - 1:18

i second that emotion bud, my wifes the same, just cant explain that the car doesnt twist at me lol other than that my wife has actually used £10 worth of fuel on a 10 mile round trip in it before, had all the windows down last summer with the music blasting driving it everywhere in 2nd and 3rd to make it sound nice, notice she only did it when i was out with her dad for the day lol moral of the story is make your wife pay for the fuel lol she hasnt drove it like that since, just cos she has to put fuel in when she drives it lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol   As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol Empty

Back to top Go down

As promised exhaust replacement pictures of my unfortunate luck with cat box lol
Page 1 of 1