North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Double DIN Head Units EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Double DIN Head Units EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Double DIN Head Units EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Double DIN Head Units EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Double DIN Head Units EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Double DIN Head Units EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Double DIN Head Units EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Double DIN Head Units EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Double DIN Head Units EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Double DIN Head Units

Go down 
+2
Mikeblobsti
kgt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

Double DIN Head Units Empty
PostSubject: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyWed 12 Feb - 11:56

I'm probably going to replace the HU in the Hatch this year as I'll be spending more time in the car when my office moves to Durham in the Summer.

Ive been a bit of a hifi snob in the past but the times they are a changing. Ive had a look at the Alpine / Pioneer options, but wondered if anyone was a running a Kenwood / Sony in the car and if they had any opinions ?? The specs are interesting but I want to know if they are solid and expandable or if they are just bells and whistles.

Obviously if youve got any opinions on specific Alpines / Pioneers I'd be interested too. One thing I need is good Bluetooth connection and preferably voice dialling as I imagine I'll be making quite a few calls from the car in the future. Budget will be around the £250-300 mark.

Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyWed 12 Feb - 22:35

Got a pioneer double din touch screen in mine with all the Bluetooth gadgets inc hands free, calls are spot on and really clear from both ends, can also plug the phone in to use sat nav on the phone but it comes up on the screen and gives directions through speakers if required, cool piece of kit for the money Cool
Only thing is it doesn't have an option to put a disc in....but CDs are old now lol!

Link - http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-sph-da110_p-31323.htm
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyWed 12 Feb - 23:09

In sure colmoo had a kenwood unit a while back .said it was amazing had all gadgets on Bluetooth usb etc think may have had phone link up like the parrot hands free system was about £400 i think
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyThu 13 Feb - 6:13

Did iddy not sell the upgraded one he ad for sale from the saloon, sat nav, bells n whistles
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyThu 13 Feb - 8:05

I didnt know he was selling one mate. I'll have to ask him.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyThu 13 Feb - 9:40

Mikeblobsti wrote:
Got a pioneer double din touch screen in mine with all the Bluetooth gadgets inc hands free, calls are spot on and really clear from both ends, can also plug the phone in to use sat nav on the phone but it comes up on the screen and gives directions through speakers if required, cool piece of kit for the money Cool
Only thing is it doesn't have an option to put a disc in....but CDs are old now lol!

Link - http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-sph-da110_p-31323.htm

Ive seen that unit online Mike, it certainly looks the business, although I do favour CD for sound quality, I may have to arrange a demo with you.
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyThu 13 Feb - 10:09

No probs mate any time Wink
I just have all music on the iPhone these days....better than CDs lol
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyThu 13 Feb - 13:39

kgt wrote:
I didnt know he was selling one mate. I'll have to ask him.

https://nesf.forumotion.co.uk/t17381-pioneer-avh-4400bt-double-din-
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyThu 13 Feb - 13:44

There's a lad on Facebook is/was selling a alpine one for £120 not sure if it had Bluetooth tho but alpine very good make his name is Paul smith
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyThu 13 Feb - 21:44

Keith, yes I had that one for sale sorry it's gone now..

I got a very very good deal on my new one

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/109/281/AVH-X8500BT/page.html

This one is brilliant, you can control your iPod apps direct from the head unit.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyFri 14 Feb - 7:38

Very nice Iddy. Do you need a cover or surround for it to fit, or is it a straight drop in ?

I know the Pioneers were on the options list when I got the car new so I was expecting them to match up perfectly.

Oh and why the upgrade, I thought your other unit was spec'd pretty reasonably ??
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyFri 14 Feb - 8:40

yes you need an AV panel as the subaru head unit is bigger than double din. you also need the subaru to pioneer fitting kit if you want the steering wheel controls to work. this is not cheap from memory it was about £140.

I upgraded as I loved the way you could control your iPod apps direct from the head unit. there are some other things but I can't remember what they are as it's that long since I used it.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyFri 14 Feb - 9:08

Frikkin hell, I must just have to live with what Ive got. Thats ridiculous for a few bits of wire. The HU's are bad enough without them completely taking the p*ss on fitting kits.
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units EmptyFri 14 Feb - 14:03

your right mate. the genuine av panel was a £110 as you can only get it from japan.

I managed to find one that looks exactly the same for £18.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double DIN Head Units   Double DIN Head Units Empty

Back to top Go down

Double DIN Head Units
Page 1 of 1