North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
turner49_6

recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts Empty
PostSubject: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyWed 18 Jun - 17:57

hello every1. total newbe here.
i have a hawkeye wrx 2.5 turbo 2006  and i have just put i blitz dump valve on, i now need an induction kit to here the dump v/v chatter
whats recommended  for the remaps , induction kits and exhausts
any help its appreciated

thanks
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyWed 18 Jun - 18:34

You shouldn't need an induction kit to hear the air release if it's a vta dump valve or have you bought a recirculation?
Back to top Go down
turner49_6

PostSubject: Re: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyWed 18 Jun - 18:40

i think its a reserc. when i lift the air box cover off it has the chatter. but no noise with the box buckled up. there is no trumpet on it, i can't even find online what i got lol
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyWed 18 Jun - 18:46

If you got a recirc there wasn't really much point as the standard one is a very good valve, but each to their own, your monet etc.

I bought a MAF tube, some Silicone hose and bend and a ITG foam filter and made my own up. I'll take a picture after the match.

It's just air rushing back through the air pipe, not true chatter, that's when the air is forced back past the turbo when you blank off the DV port and return pipe. Not good for the turbo but I tried it for a while to punish my turbo
Back to top Go down
turner49_6

PostSubject: Re: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyWed 18 Jun - 19:01

i have now no idea what i have bought, i can't find a way to put the image on here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyWed 18 Jun - 19:10

Hello mate, welcome to the forum. Head on over to the New Members section and introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself, where you are from and a little about your car. We have members all over the North East and more than likely a few near to wherever you are from. You will get loads of help and advice on here mate. New members can't post pictures up for a week but when you are able to the instructions for doing it are here:

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - MOBILE

Hosting photos, images etc - Easy "How To" Guide with screenshots - DESKTOP
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyWed 18 Jun - 19:24

There you go mate. ITG filter, reducer, MAF tube, silicone joiner, 45 degree bend then into turbo intake hose.

recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts DSC_0170_zpsvdt6kx46
Back to top Go down
turner49_6

PostSubject: Re: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyWed 18 Jun - 19:54

that looks sweet. i am on ebay getting the bits. i can get a kit for 50ish then get the better filter on top.
and as for the dump valve, its was back to front and the flange was wrong, the bolt holes went over the gasket so it was never gonna seal. so now gonna try get my money back
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyWed 18 Jun - 23:29

I got all the parts from Auto Silicone Hoses

http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyThu 19 Jun - 12:30

An induction kit is not good for an impreza unless your getting it mapped as it changes the air flow to much for the maf sensor and it can cause running problems.

If you want abit of induction noise then get a dump valve and don't play with the intake system as you might regret it unless your going for an exhaust and remap at the same time.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyThu 19 Jun - 14:31

iddysti wrote:
An induction kit is not good for an impreza unless your getting it mapped as it changes the air flow to much for the maf sensor and it can cause running problems.

If you want abit of induction noise then get a dump valve and don't play with the intake system as you might regret it unless your going for an exhaust and remap at the same time.

I just presumed that was his rout as he was talking about it in his OP.

Bob Rawle will be at Andy Kindons at some point, get booked up for him, or try to find a day that Andy Forest can book you in
Back to top Go down
turner49_6

PostSubject: Re: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts EmptyFri 20 Jun - 9:38

i have just got a Forge Dumpvalve as the other was no good. is it ok just got get a back box and panel filter then remap? i don't want it loud just something as the standard 1 is practically silent. you here the engine more than anything. thanks for all the help lads. greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts   recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts Empty

Back to top Go down

recommended remaps , induction kits and exhausts
Page 1 of 1