North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Reversed inlet manifold EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Reversed inlet manifold EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Reversed inlet manifold EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Reversed inlet manifold EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Reversed inlet manifold EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Reversed inlet manifold EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Reversed inlet manifold EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Reversed inlet manifold EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Reversed inlet manifold EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Reversed inlet manifold

Go down 
+3
StickT
maca
kevfawcett
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kevfawcett

Reversed inlet manifold Empty
PostSubject: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptyFri 11 Jul - 17:44

Good evening,

I'm looking at getting a new FMIC in the not too distant future. While I'm on, i'm thinking of going for a rotated inlet manifold.

Now, I've read a lot of comments that it's not worth it and there are no real gains. But, why do so many people do it if that's the case, including Impreza WRC cars? I realise the cost made no difference to Subaru, but they wouldn't have done it if there was no benefit

Also, I'd like to keep my air con. So, who in the North East would be best to speak to about doing this?

Cheers

Kev
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptyFri 11 Jul - 18:11

Ive spoke to And Kindon about doing this and the work its a chew on for my version of inlet but not sure about yours, give him a bell, he'll give you an idea of what you will gain etc...
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptyFri 11 Jul - 18:27

I run a rotated inlet, pretty easy to do on my Classic. Not sure how tight it would be with Aircon if it's poss as the salt flips to sit where Aircon would be.
Back to top Go down
kevfawcett

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptyFri 11 Jul - 18:29

I'd think mine will be an arse as well, especially considering I want to keep the air con.

I'm just trying to find out if it's a realistic option at the minute, plus I can't really call anybody as I'm away with work and the delay is a pain in the arse

Who did yours StickT?
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptyFri 11 Jul - 18:39

Me, I done mine. It was fairly simple,

I shall dig out some pics and post them up for you later.
Back to top Go down
kevfawcett

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptyFri 11 Jul - 18:46

Thanks mate
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptyFri 11 Jul - 23:16

Reversed inlet manifold Image_zpsecb4b4a4
Back to top Go down
kevfawcett

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptySat 12 Jul - 8:24

Thanks for that.

Anybody done this on a newage version, or know how much work is involved?
Back to top Go down
Trev85

Trev85

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptySat 12 Jul - 10:02

You won't b able to keep the a/c as the alternator needs to be move to where the a/c pump is to make room for the intake pipe!

It is a lot of work for wat you will gain but every little helps
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptySat 12 Jul - 12:25

Trev85 wrote:
You won't b able to keep the a/c as the alternator needs to be move to where the a/c pump is to make room for the intake pipe!

That's the reason I didn't go ahead with it, very little gains for a lot of work plus my throttle body would hit my bonnet so that would have to be modified

hope it looks a little bit better than the pic when it was finished stick lol (nope masking tape etc lol)
Back to top Go down
kevfawcett

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptySat 12 Jul - 13:21

Trev85 wrote:

The hawkeye one is the one that interests me

http://finelineimports.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4_8_390&products_id=426&zenid=T,wLGdueqOz-iC62Ng,Gb2
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptySat 12 Jul - 14:35

It's abit tidier, the conversions neater just the rest of the bay.

@ Maca - Get Gary Blakes V2 manifold and use that to rotate, I can happily do the manifold for you like, won't cost much to be honest.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptySat 12 Jul - 16:28

StickT wrote:
It's abit tidier, the conversions neater just the rest of the bay.

@ Maca - Get Gary Blakes V2 manifold and use that to rotate, I can happily do the manifold for you like, won't cost much to be honest.

Thanks for the offer mate its much appreciated but after its mapped on the 24th im stopping modding, saving to move house next and the wife is giving it to me in the neck lol, so its time to listen.............although things may change hahaha and if they do ill be in touch, cheers for the offer  Cool 
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptySat 12 Jul - 16:28

Plus ive got a v2 dipped inlet to go on so would have mine spare  Shocked study 
Back to top Go down
Mick T

Mick T

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptySun 13 Jul - 10:23

Back to top Go down
kevfawcett

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptySun 13 Jul - 14:08

Aye, I've seen that so I know it can be done. However, I don't have the tools/knowledge to actually do it and looking at the amount of things that need modifying to make it work, it would be too expensive. For me at least
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptySun 13 Jul - 22:02

unless your going for big power this is a mod that doesn't need doing. The main reason behind doing it is to increase the spool from the front mount intercooler by shortening the pipework.

Spend the money on something else.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptyMon 14 Jul - 9:55

The rally cars don't have front mounts, they have a V-mount intercooler
Back to top Go down
kevfawcett

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold EmptyMon 14 Jul - 10:58

atwrx wrote:
The rally cars don't have front mounts, they have a V-mount intercooler

I'm aware of that, I never said they have FMIC's, only that they have rotated manifolds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reversed inlet manifold   Reversed inlet manifold Empty

Back to top Go down

Reversed inlet manifold
Page 1 of 1