North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
help with which coilovers EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
help with which coilovers EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
help with which coilovers EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
help with which coilovers EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
help with which coilovers EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
help with which coilovers EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
help with which coilovers EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
help with which coilovers EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
help with which coilovers EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

help with which coilovers

Go down 
+9
byers
Marshffs
natski
garyblake
Steviedoo
Mikeblobsti
andyden71
atwrx
Mick-Iley
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mick-Iley

help with which coilovers Empty
PostSubject: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 11:38

Hi All,

I've snapped the bolt on the rear strut 2004 wrx, so I am looking for a set of coilovers. What mid range coilovers are best to get and where from?

Also where in the norah East can I get them fitted and set up.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 11:53

What's your budget? what do you class as mid-range?

There's a lad on here who does geo set up and he fit my suspension for me at the same time. Forget his name tho.
Back to top Go down
Mick-Iley

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 12:04

Roughly £700 and then set up fitting costs.
Back to top Go down
Mick-Iley

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 12:05

And some where in the middle of the range not going to fall apart after a few month
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 12:48

You can get a full get of bc racing coilovers off the net ( not eBay) for £750ish that come preset to standard or lowered 40mm
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 12:51

Try lark speed full new set £690 including vat and free shipping
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 12:58

Or scooby world £741 that's pre greased and lowered 40mm or you can get standard hight
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 13:12

I've heard very mixed reviews about BC Coilovers, similar sort of thing as HSD etc. might be an idea for you to contact Chevron Motorsport? he will probably be able to give you a better idea of a way forward over anyone on here as that's what he does.

chevronstafford@btconnect.com

He's called Simon, I'm booked in there toward the back end of the month to get my setup sorted once and for all and I wish I had just contacted him first rather than reading loads of stuff on forums and listening to people who think they know what they're talking about.
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 13:25

Yeah bc coilovers are prone to seize like the ones on mine I can't adjust the ride hight
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 13:54

atwrx wrote:
I've heard very mixed reviews about BC Coilovers, similar sort of thing as HSD etc.

Had both. BC's are good got them on my STi, never had an issue, highly recommended IMO.
Dont get HSD as they are a waste of money, more of a track based coilover, very stiff, adjusters are on the underside so car has to be jacked up to adjust....they also seize, coilovers them selfs seize. Driftworks customer service is crap on returns!
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 13:56

See what I mean ^^^^ Very mixed reviews. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 13:58

Sideways Dan is the man on here for fitting and setting them up he know what he is doing

https://nesf.forumotion.co.uk/t14132-4-wheel-alignment
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 14:16

Steviedoo wrote:
Sideways Dan is the man on here for fitting and setting them up he know what he is doing

https://nesf.forumotion.co.uk/t14132-4-wheel-alignment
That's if you can get in touch with him
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 14:28

Iv had
bc on my hawkeye
apexi and d2 on classic

depends on ride you after in my eyes there all about the same did like D2 as were softer

As long as you grease then they will be fine all coilover are hard even on soft setting but grip the road much Better and can change you ride hight

Iv got sti suspension with tein lower springs on my blob and I like them better for all round driving

Back to top Go down
Mick-Iley

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 15:22

I am not to fussed on moving them once there set. I ve found in the past using coilovers you can get the height you want better as your a bit restricted with just lowering springs. I've read a few forums with mixed reviews about bc coilovers. I was just wondering what members on here where using and past experiences with them
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 15:44

Well I had Eibachs on and they were fecking brilliant, but now I've got Bilstein Shocks and Prodrive springs on and they are better.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 15:48

After being in scoobs with bc coilovers and owning a Scoob that has had HSD and Bilstein coilovers fitted and now owning one with very expensive AST coilovers fitted I would recommend you replace the standard suspension and consider fitting some lowering springs.

Coilovers completely fook the driving experience of an impreza up and no matter who made them they are all horrible to drive on the roads in the UK anybody who tells you different is in a state of denial or simply doesn't know what they are talking about..
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 16:04

Lol no denial from me and know what I'm talking about through experience of them being fitted to my car, I've found BC's to be very similar to the standard STi setup on the soft setting. Depends on how you drive the car I guess though.....only fast ish road for me, no drifting etc Wink
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 16:14

Well in my experience of quite a variety of different coilovers I say that they are shit. And if they are similar to the standard suspension of an sti why bother throwing £800 away ?

The reason I say they are shit is because they crash and bang when going down potholes cracks in the road etc. If the council's did their jobs and actually maintained the road suffices then they might be quite good but until that happens I would suggest that people should stick to the standard suspension and not throw away their money on coilovers.
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 16:33

I'm quite happy with standard suspension and some good lowering springs.
IMO i think coilovers are made for track use. Other people have there preference i suppose. I aint driven a car with coilovers on like but as Nat said, what is wrong with the Sti stuff?
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 17:07

I might have to change mine bk to lowered springs and Sti struts
Back to top Go down
Mick-Iley

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 17:10

So is there much difference in the sti struts and wrx one and would the sti swap straight on to a wrx if I was to go down that route?
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 17:13

natski wrote:
Well in my experience of quite a variety of different coilovers I say that they are shit. And if they are similar to the standard suspension of an sti why bother throwing £800 away ?

Go grab a Snickers shrimpy, your being a right diva lol Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 17:31

Mike im just sick of people jumping on the bandwagon on this site and not considering genuine experience related advice..

since the day I fitted coilovers onto my STI I slowly lost interest in the car, the way it crashed banged and caught the rear arches when cornering severely pissed me off. Yes I know the alloys where too wide bad that was the main contributing factor to the wheels catching the arches but the ride itself was terrible to say the least. On a bumpy road doing typical impreza related speeds it felt like god was in control of the car and my life rather than myself. I got so sick of pissing about with settings I decided to go for some Bilstein coilovers because they are a well known quality brand. Yes the car was better but only marginally. Simply put in my opinion there is no better suspension for an impreza for use on the roads than the standard ones. Do you have any idea how much time and money subaru spent on the development of their suspension setups ? Do you think that other companies who offer suspension kits for a vast array of different vehicles spend the same amount of time and money on testing ?

Yes the standard suspension has its flaws knocking struts etc but everything breaks just replace them with standard tested proven parts, I wish I did....

Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers EmptyWed 6 Aug - 17:48

Lol fair play mate and I know where you are coming from Wink

Each to their own I say Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers Empty

Back to top Go down

help with which coilovers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next