North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

help with which coilovers

Go down 
+9
byers
Marshffs
natski
garyblake
Steviedoo
Mikeblobsti
andyden71
atwrx
Mick-Iley
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

help with which coilovers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Aug - 17:54

I had the BC Coilovers on the Terminator. And whilst I agree they felt almost like the OEM shocks they were a PITA to get set correctly and they did not handle as well as the OEM shocks & Prodrive lowering springs I had on the car before I changed to the coilovers. The problem is that most people buy coilovers because they like to see their cars' asses slammed rather than the performance on a track for which they were really meant in the first place. As a Subaru fashion & style victim myself I can't blame them for liking the lowered look and being able to have control over that, but I do accept that they sacrifice a bit of ride quality in the process.
Back to top Go down
Mick-Iley

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Aug - 18:17

Judging by the comments on here and what I have read else where I think I might have to keep an eye out for some sti struts and some lowering springs. What sort of drop should I look for so that the 18s I have on close the arch gap. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Aug - 19:29

My bc been spot on so far
Back to top Go down
carl08

carl08

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Aug - 19:38

My TEIN's on my classic did follow the dips in the road a bit so you had to fight now then to keep it where you wanted it, and they were ridiculously harsh, also sometimes doing a 3 point turn on a hump shaped road it used to lift a wheel of the floor then tip like a see-saw to the other one.  Laughing  Laughing 

BUT! when you came to a tight bend or a roundabout it was like a go cart you could play with the throttle and grip because you could feel everything the car was doing under you in a controlled manner and not loads of grip then none like the stock set up!
Back to top Go down
mousey

mousey

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Aug - 20:18

+1 for bc's, I run them and never had a problem, my mate also runs them and had them set up by sideways dan and honeatly the ride is epic, couldn't of set them up any better, highly recommend them
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Aug - 20:21

My Tein coil overs were an awful ride, very crashy and bouncy, pure shocking!!

My BC's are really nice, variable settings used and they are a good ride, mine really come to live on the track though and I have since set mine up for track work anyways...
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Aug - 20:25

There you go Mick. The forum is 100% in favour of having and not having coil overs. That's a fact  Laughing 

Might be best if you figure out who's got the same car as you and what alternative set ups exist in the club, then get along to a meet and folks will take you for a spin so you can judge for yourself.

All part of the service.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Aug - 20:27

What do you want out of the car is the biggest question ?!

Simon Stanley @ Chevron is the man for suspension.
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Aug - 21:10

andyden71 wrote:
I might have to change mine bk to lowered springs and Sti struts

Have a look over at weekend mate and take mine out, Sti suspension with Eibach 30/40 springs.
Be slightly different with mine being lighter like but you will get the feel of it.
Back to top Go down
Mick-Iley

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Aug - 21:42

I think taking everything in that has been said I need to take a step back and have a think over what I want the car for and what setup will be best. Thanks for all the advice I will try and get to the next meet just waiting on getying my car remapped first so every thing is running fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with which coilovers   help with which coilovers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

help with which coilovers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2