North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

My JDM Hawkeye STI

Go down 
+17
stevejones
Aaron_p85
StickT
keffer
lian&johnsti
Paulprm
garyblake
winston
atwrx
kgt
carl08
baldy
andybish
discodaz
Captainfunbags
Trev85
scoobaru
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
byers

byers

My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Dec - 13:59

Just cut them out lol
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Dec - 20:17

Sent all the plate change documents on Friday when I picked the car up, in the hope that it would be sorted before the christmas shut down... here's hoping!! Had to wait 9 weeks in May when I put it on the CLS!!!
So here's my smallest (uk standard) legal plate... I could go down the tiny import plate and carry the .gov website print off stating imports are allowed it, but I'm just begging to be pulled with that AND the exhaust...and to be fair, I can't be arsed with the chew on!
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 Fullsi10

Think I've put coilovers aisde, and looking at some Rota GTR's with a normal offset... wonder how much I could get for the current ones....guess I'll have to whip them off and find out exactly what offset they are first!

just awaiting my oil pressure remote kit so I can get the pressure gauge online...I had fitted the new sensor inplace of the OEM one, but the alternator was clipping the top of the sensor and oem belt wouldn't fit back on...I was going to get a smaller one and drop the aircon, but decided to keep it and do it 'properly'...but I'm impatient and hate incompetence....royal mail should have delivered it yesterday.......

On a lighter note... when I took my son to school this morning, we were greeted by a gang of kids at the gate shouting up the street 'anti lag...anti lag...anti lag' so I looked at my son and his smile was ear to ear looking at his mates and I got the 'ohhh go on dad, I've told everyone about the noise and the flames when you turn it on...pleeeeeease'....so of course I obliged, didn't get as many bad looks as I thought..... loved watching unsuspecting people diving for cover though thinking it was gunfire hahahahahah
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Dec - 21:02

I'm not going to bother with a map tweak now, I've got it down to a feather touch on the throttle to start instantly, not even one full 'crank' then runs fine... it was running like a dog when I was flooding it....whoops.

Quite liking the look of THESE bad lads too... would I just fit 225/40/18 (present tyres) to these? I'm shite with offset/tyres... STILL need to get my current wheels off and see what offset they are!!

I've secured the switches a little better (for now) and added some labels (VERY temp measure) until I sort out a new box to put in the cig tray and then have black back with white writing, properly sized and spaced...couldn't cut straight whilst in the car and couldn't line up straight because current holes aren't in a line and couldn't get my fingers in properly... but as a temp measure it's ok...I ss'pose...
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 Img_9010

had a GTO creep up beside me tonight on the A1 'dumping off', he sharp pulled in the slow lane and behaved when I gave him a licking hee hee

finally, can somebody take a picture of their hawkeye heater vents on, with their lights on but NO flash/light pollution if possible... I need to see if mine are piss poor or meant to look like they do (the indicator is bright, but the dial sweep so to speak is very very dim)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Dec - 10:55

Those wheels (which look like Rota Grid Drift copies) are too wide at 9.5 inches with an offset of between ET30-40 mate. You would need your arches rolled fot that width. My alloys were 9 inch wide with an offset of ET35 and they just about cleared the arch on standard shocks with Prodrive lowering springs and a stretched tyre of 225x40x18. As soon as I lowered it a bit more on coilovers they started to rub the tyres and I had to keep adjusting them until I reached the correct height and the rubbing stopped. If you fit those tyres to those 9.5 alloys then the stretch will be more than I would be comfortable with in a car with the power yours has.

I am not sure what you mean about the lighting but here is a pic of my dash in the daytime with the lights on - they are very bright even in daytime.

My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 DANDSteeringWheel_zps7d68d96b

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Dec - 11:37

That steering wheel is god damn sexual, Nah I'd need the pic at night fella... all the white markings ON the dials ie 20-25-30 and the lines connecting them all... mine is a VERY VERY VERY VERY faded red, barely visible at night with the lights on..I'll get one tonight when I eventually get back from the Metrocentre shopping Sad

the car previously had soundsystem in, but as previously mentioned the fronts had fell off the + & - pins so I sorted that out last week, and decided I wasn't bothered about the missing rear speakers because...it's an impreza, who wants to listen to music with that sound track?!?! but this morning it was annoying me that I could hear the fronts working fine but NOTHING in the rear, previously having had silly amounts of audio in cars, my ears are quite well tuned and it was annoying the fook out of me so nipped into Halfrauds and bought some 5" 'triaxials' by Fli (Vibe).... for £17.99 and direct fit they are marvellous and now i've tweeked the stereo I have balance restored to my ears Very Happy
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 Fullsi11
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Dec - 18:24

Did you find Shakeys thread bud ?
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Dec - 22:22

Ah no, forgot to - I will when I have some time to myself
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Dec - 20:28

Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Dec - 8:04

J
Wow! 
Best way to spend my Sunday morning reading that, even better that I've seen the car up close and now seen its story!
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Dec - 17:50

2/3 gauges working now - longest fecking job ever man! 

Oil temp & boost working... Awaiting my replacement oil pressure sensor to replace the fooked one.
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Dec - 18:05

.Yeah the car is awesome. If you get time read Rich's thread on there as his is as good if not better, its a truely awesome car. So is The Clio cup build.
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Dec - 22:25

Can't host images on my mobile.. Or in desktop view.. On my mobile. Iphone.

Anyway - bought the following... A friend bought from this guy for his vw aramok and recommends them

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=200705241954
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Dec - 22:31

Also bought
1x http://www.ebay.com/bhp/sti-key-blank
And
1x http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321472355028
2x Clifford G5 stickers as the current ones have bubbles and it really winds me up - Steve wonder applied them clearly...

And finally a roll of cool white, waterproof 12v and LEDS so I can make some footwell lights piggybacked on the interior loght circuit and make the boot a lot brighter (all hidden of course) again piggy backed off the boot interior light/switch.. Whichever is closer - I'll do before/aftera of course

Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Dec - 15:55

Happend same on my Alcatek on maffless on my classic

Yet my blob maffless and on stand ecu and no problem
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Dec - 19:41

Bollocks - got excited when I seen a DVLA envelope, thought I could get my plates on the car - problem being I forgot to send the £80 for the bastard transfer HAHAHAHAHA
Sent off again!
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Dec - 20:15

Got to love a trier haha, the DVLA are tigt thoug Smile
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Dec - 20:20

Could have rang me (with the number supplied on THEIR form for contact reasons) and took payment over the phone! Useless pricks!
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Dec - 20:23

Yeah, they seem to never apply common sense like!! Shame, it could have been a nice xmas plate change,
Back to top Go down
Paulprm

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Dec - 20:31

Don't 4get insurance will charge you also ,  when I got my plate they charged me 30 sheets administration  fee and a time you change em over Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Dec - 20:53

Nah mine don't, so long as plate change is within 30days of new vehicle being registered :-)
Back to top Go down
Paulprm

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Dec - 20:48

Lucky you I had 2 hrs from phoning insurance to putting plates on or wouldn't be covered lol!
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Jan - 22:23

So Santa came late, and emptied his sack all over my lasses face kitchen floor!
Tein Super Street Coilovers less than a year old and under 8k miles and a Richbrook gearknob but it's a tiny bit taller than the standard one which I didn't expect...gona give it a week and if I still dont like it I'll still it on Fleabay.
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 Img_9210
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 Img_9211
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Jan - 22:26

Thats a shiny knob you have there
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Jan - 22:18

Had a wee trip through the tunnel tonight... Shame there was no cars to scare :-(

Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Jan - 9:21

It's almost worth paying a dollar to ride thru the tunnel for no reason when your car sounds like that. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My JDM Hawkeye STI
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next