North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

started on the scoob and fitting FMIC

Go down 
+11
maxboost
Dan G
JAMIE555
NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5
Jonny Gav
moz
Pitchy's bitch
CARLOS
Robbo_22
KushBex
pitchblack
15 posters
AuthorMessage
pitchblack

pitchblack

started on the scoob and fitting FMIC Empty
PostSubject: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 3 Apr - 17:29

Well the day I'd done my little ankle injury, I'd already takin engine and box out, so the car has just been stood till I'm able to do stuff.

Well I got round to fittin me gearbox affraid was abit of a chew on, and anyone watchin would of been pissin them selves laughing, if not on me cruches I was on me knees geek geek scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Would of gettin the engine in but couldn't get it to lift level anough

Last edited by pitchblack on Mon 10 May - 10:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 3 Apr - 17:37

Flippin Heck mate - Be careful - you dont want to make yourself any worse.
Mind you - you can only watch so much daytime TV - Terrible isn't it - dont blame you getting the project on the go again. cheers
Back to top Go down
Robbo_22

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 3 Apr - 17:46

Nice one - ya fooking mentalist lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
pitchblack

pitchblack

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 3 Apr - 17:51

pmsl had to be done, I'd wanted the cast of last wk but doc said no Suspect scratch and his reason it'll cause unecessary bruisin and swellin well I can live with that and I get to work on me motor again, aint missin another summer with a scoob off the road Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 3 Apr - 19:36

you are mental chris Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pitchy's bitch

Pitchy's bitch

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 3 Apr - 19:43

Believe me he IS crazy...

I couldn't believe when i asked him where he was goin this morn & he said to fit th gearbox... I didn't believe him at first until i went out to the garage Shocked
Back to top Go down
moz

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 3 Apr - 19:58

I can't believe you done that on crutches lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 3 Apr - 22:24

Total NUTTER! lol!
Back to top Go down
NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5

NO MORE 2Steak-Steve13.5

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 3 Apr - 22:30

think he wanted it running to have it on the rollers tomorrow! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mowngo.biz
JAMIE555

JAMIE555

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySun 4 Apr - 19:31

couldnt resist when i saw your ankle injury Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=58762040956&amp

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySun 4 Apr - 19:40

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! that's brill!
Back to top Go down
Dan G

Dan G

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySun 4 Apr - 22:07

Chris you are well and truly off your tits my man lol!
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyMon 5 Apr - 10:33

Thats Dedication.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pitchblack

pitchblack

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyMon 5 Apr - 11:59

who murded spidy Shocked pmsl Very Happy

will be putting engine in soon so will post up some more pics geek
Back to top Go down
pitchblack

pitchblack

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyTue 6 Apr - 22:14

well I've got the engine in and had her up and running, but still had same prob Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad like the clutch is slipping

so only left with one more part to check the rear diff, and the culprit was the end of drive shaft had snapped off affraid

Well got it all put back together tonight and took her for a run, and all is good, well apart from the oil I spilt on the heat wrap Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy just abit smoke
Back to top Go down
mr terzo

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyTue 6 Apr - 22:44

chris you are well and truly off ya head mate Very Happy ya the only man i know who would even attempt to do it on crutches Shocked . top respect fella
Back to top Go down
SLAMSTI

SLAMSTI

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyWed 7 Apr - 5:14

Glad ya got to the bottom of it mate cheers cheers cheers outstanding king
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyWed 7 Apr - 6:01

Glad its sorted bud, you can get down to enjoying it now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyThu 8 Apr - 1:21

ya totally nuts chris, but kind ov understand you.

theres ne way i could handle more than a few days without been in the garage.

was amazed to see that all the problems was down to a drive shaft Evil or Very Mad

a really enjoyed helping you remove the gearbox twice in a week Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing

ne wonder owa other halves twist= the cars are in bits more than they are on the road Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
pitchblack

pitchblack

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyTue 27 Apr - 11:51

well she's up and running again so hopefully start doing some more work on her Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyTue 27 Apr - 11:52

keep this one straight chris pleased you sorted it Cool
Back to top Go down
pitchblack

pitchblack

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyTue 27 Apr - 22:14

I'll be keeping this one on the rd mate Smile

shame about yours like carl Sad
Back to top Go down
pitchblack

pitchblack

PostSubject: Fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptyMon 10 May - 10:43

Well I wasn't going to do much with this scoob as not happy with the body work. But as I have some bits still off me old wagon sitting there I thought why not fit them Very Happy

Hopefully this will work as a how to for fitting a FMIC, more than likely not as I've done it Razz

First you need to take grill off, flat head screw driver into the holes either side of grill, push tabs in whilst pulling the grill towards you

Now remove the side lights, 1 possi screw holds them in, take that out then you have to wiggle and jiggle the light out, can be a pain at times Twisted Evil

Now to remove headlights, theres 4 10mm bolts holding them in, remove the bolts and unplug the wires from headlights, place lights in safe place.

now front bumper removal, you need to undo the screws holding the crap guards in place, theres a plastic possi head screw where the bumper meets the arch next to wheel, take that out, further down the crap guard theres another fixing, once them are undone pull the guard out the way so you can get to the 10mm bolt, that bolts bumper to wing, where you undo this bolt, if you follow the silver bar down the inside of bumper you'll come across another 10mm nut, undo this, and do the same on other side.

now remove the 4 17mm bolts (2 either side) that hold the bumper bar on

check there is nothing else atteched bolted or fixed to the bumper underneath crap guards and the likes, now unplug fog lights and indicators, then remove bumper.

you might come across some dodgy wiring, you might want to check what its for, or do as I did and chop the twat out, seems that prev's owners had added a ton of wires to this car for no reason Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Next you need to chop the inner wing for the pipe work to fit, remove your induction kit or filter and maff, place in safe place, if you still have the resonator box in wing remove that, 2 10mm nut and bolt holding it in, once you have all the stuff out the way its time to start cutting silent
I used me trusty dremmel but make sure you have plnty of blades Wink cut the inner arch anough for your pipe work to go through

now to fit the FMIC you need the bumper brace bar (I just happened to have one lying about) if you look at your bumper you'll see loads of push fixingx running along top edge you need to remove all them, so bumper comes free of brace.

You need to measure the bumper bar and find the centre, them measure your FMIC and find centre of that, line this up with centre of of bar, mark up where you need to drill the holes for the bolts to go through for the FMIC.

Now up to you how you do this part, I chose the pikey route pirat Suspect where the pipe work needs to go from FMIC to turbo, theres some metal work in the way, you can either cut it out ( the nice proppa way of doing it) or wack it with a hammer Very Happy but I'm not planning on keeping my scoob for to long, got plans for it Suspect

Now remove the topmount intercooler, and all brackets

More to follow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC EmptySat 3 Jul - 22:06

any more updates on the fmic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: started on the scoob and fitting FMIC   started on the scoob and fitting FMIC Empty

Back to top Go down

started on the scoob and fitting FMIC
Page 1 of 1