North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

fuel cut out due to boost?

Go down 
+3
Andy Kindon
Jonny Gav
drew160387
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
maxboost

maxboost

fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 May - 11:25

I have a green label one you could try bud. I'm in all day.
Mark.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 May - 15:51

Green label is the correct one for your car drew.
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 May - 0:01

ill give you a bell tomoz mark mate cheers
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptySun 8 May - 12:28

Ok lad popped to marks and we tried a fair few of things with no joy. We tried the maf,cam sensor,crank sensor, not sure on the next names but the solinoids what turbo ect are plumbed to. We tried them aprt from the map sensor. Even tried blanking dump valve off to eliminate that. Done a ecu reset but still get code 23 which recons its the mass air flow circuit. Befor these ive also changed battery,altenator, and coil packs. Any other ideas like lads or anyone recomed anywhere i could get it on rollees and diognostics machine as the problem only arises under the higher boost like 0.7 roughly 10 psi as thats what my gauge reads
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 May - 1:37

have you inspected the wiring?

ie plugs near battery?
have seen bad connections on these in the past Wink
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 May - 8:19

Ecu has a fault?

Is the 2nd MAF also faulty?

As finn says the wiring ok?

No splits in any turbo/vacuum hose?
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 May - 8:58

Ill have to take a look but it all seems good to me
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 May - 12:00

when i connect the two black plugs for ecu rezding i get 23 and it repeats itself over and over
2nd maf ?
wiring all looks ok along with all vacume pipes ect that i can see or reach.

maybe another thing worth mentioning is i now found out by mark it has a decat its also got a baileys dump valve and a foam panel filter in the airbox. its on a standard ecu too could this cause the problem.

last night i was fairly stressed and floored it in first it splutter alot once boost rose up near 10psi then when i put the clutch in to pull over it tried to die out. i kept it running but with no power for around 40 seconds it was splutter and running as if on 3 cylinders. felt flooded to the max. after it cleaered it ran as usual good under 8 psi then like a bag of shit above 10psu.

when it starts to do it and i hold the revs it sounds like its hitting its rev limiter at 4-5k revs
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 May - 7:34

Think you are at a point now where you need someone to have a good look at it, if you are free on Friday afternoon I could take a look at it for you.
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 May - 10:04

im in lates all week mate best times would be next week in the afternoons as im on night shift so awake from around 3oclock mate ive had about enough of it tbh lol if we carnt figure it out its tgime for the heap for her hahahaah
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 May - 13:15

Don't loose heart mate, you will get there in the end and all your hard work will be worth it.
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 May - 13:25

i hope so mate its got my blood lots of it,sweat even more and a few tear from me and the missus hahaha

just hoping its a easy fix as not planning to change the engine till next year as due to get a house soon

are you available next week mate if i can come befor 1 or after 3 as if early ill just stay awake but if after i go to bed after work
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 May - 13:04

cars decided to splutter its tits off this morning and the revs where hunting for a small time then had a few splutters when pulling away. seems more often when im using bps super unleaded lol anyway got a set of plugs to change over so will see how that changes things. just been having a word with chris at eclipse while i was there for somnething and he also recomended checking the wiring to maf. makes sense as its free to do it and i do still have the code 23 maf circuit stored on ecu

any thoughts on this lads
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 May - 10:29

ok lads plugs done no joy it does run smoother though so its a good point

now ive read the workshop manual i downloaded and in diognosis part it does state code 23 is mas air flow harnes connector between ecm and mass air flow sensor is short or open.

i had a quick look yesterday and its been fiddled with. didnt have time to fully trace it or check it against another but it doesnt look standard so hopefully i get time over weekend to check it all.

is the engine bay look a pig to change with engine in as might be easier bet
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptySat 28 May - 15:02

ok lads finaly we have joy. spent abit time today changing the wiring for the maf only as was i hell changing the loom which finn kindly gave me. it goes from the engine bay then behind the dash all the way to incar fuesbox and also braches off through the wing and to ecu.

that didnt fix it. so decided what the hell and changed the fuel and air filter as a long shot. this has fixed the car now lmao.

i now get full boost all the way to limiter. which im over the moon with. it still has na split second hesitation in first befor it boosts full but kicks in great. turbo lag is stupid so onwards and upwards now .

tdo5 or something in the works next i think
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptySat 28 May - 17:43

Glad you sorted it in the end bud.
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptySat 28 May - 19:53

drew160387 wrote:
ok lads finaly we have joy. spent abit time today changing the wiring for the maf only as was i hell changing the loom which finn kindly gave me. it goes from the engine bay then behind the dash all the way to incar fuesbox and also braches off through the wing and to ecu.

that didnt fix it. so decided what the hell and changed the fuel and air filter as a long shot. this has fixed the car now lmao.

i now get full boost all the way to limiter. which im over the moon with. it still has na split second hesitation in first befor it boosts full but kicks in great. turbo lag is stupid so onwards and upwards now .

tdo5 or something in the works next i think

turbo lag on a tdo4 ????? scratch it may be knackered then as they boost vry early
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 May - 11:56

1st and 2nd fine its just the rest of the gears could it ve the fact i used a rs turbo for a while with a nice turbo setup befor and im comparing to that ? After a td05 in the near futre so this one will have to make do lol
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 May - 12:54

Rs turbo's are very laggy compared with a uk Subaru.
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 May - 11:30

Must be dodgy turbo as its not impressive at all warwick gave me a ecu from a import is it safe to put it on with standard setup . Sure its tge same numbers as the one finn tried. Ive standard injectors and a tdo4 i beleive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fuel cut out due to boost?   fuel cut out due to boost? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

fuel cut out due to boost?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2