North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

which software to read scooby ecu codes ????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? Empty
PostSubject: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyThu 2 Jun - 13:44

As above really have a diagnostic cable which says it will work on subaru using subaru ecu reader but downloaded and doesn't make much sense scratch

Are there any easy to read and good ones out there

Free of course being pikey style (you lot on here have taught me well it's got fook all with me being scottish "Baldy" lmao)

Thanks Keith
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyThu 2 Jun - 15:13

you need either a tactrix cable (like what I had for sale) or a dedicated EOBD/OBDII code reader, either way its gunna cost ya Laughing
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyThu 2 Jun - 15:35

Jonny Gav wrote:
you need either a tactrix cable (like what I had for sale) or a dedicated EOBD/OBDII code reader, either way its gunna cost ya Laughing

Ahhhhhhhhhh thought as much lol so no affraid suprises there lol

If drew hadn't been so quick my next offer to you would have been same as his Wink

Im sure you got some of the extras i gave to finn did you not johnny? so every favour deserves reward lol! lol! lol!

I have a vag com 409.1 lead which should work and im looking to use rom raider software only to read and log im not looking to flash just to clear fault codes if there are any stored cheers
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyThu 2 Jun - 15:48

any eobd reader will read 2001 on but only emmision related data and sum fault codes
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyThu 2 Jun - 16:09

wrx/uk/ppp wrote:
Jonny Gav wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhh thought as much lol so no affraid suprises there lol

If drew hadn't been so quick my next offer to you would have been same as his Wink

Im sure you got some of the extras i gave to finn did you not johnny? so every favour deserves reward lol! lol! lol!

I have a vag com 409.1 lead which should work and im looking to use rom raider software only to read and log im not looking to flash just to clear fault codes if there are any stored cheers

No mate the vag com is for VW Audi cars, it won't work with Subaru, believe me Drew and I have tried Laughing

You would be best off getting one of these- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-DIAGNOSTIC-SCANNER-CODE-READER-RESET-OBD2-OBDii-CAN-/120729679011?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item1c1c0cb4a3

its the one Andy K uses and reads all codes for subaru (it even tells you what the code means) and you can also read live sensor data with it.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyThu 2 Jun - 16:35

I got this one. Its probably not as good as the one Jonny Gav suggests but it certainly does the trick and has pointed me towards several of the long running issues I'd had previously.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LATEST-UNIVERSAL-CAR-FAULT-DIAGNOSTIC-CODE-READER-OBD2-/380233085715?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item5887a87313

On a side note it even seems to have some kind of artificial intelligence which can detect my mechanical abilities depending on the fault code.

which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? Obd10
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyThu 2 Jun - 16:38

FPMSL lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyThu 2 Jun - 16:41

I don't think the lead i have is specific for the vw group mate so il run some checks and try a few programes and let you know the out come lol!
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyThu 2 Jun - 16:45

Ive got 1 hat reads the impreza 2001 one but took sum finding lol also reads sum of the early classics ive used it on 97/98 on 16pin
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyThu 2 Jun - 17:33

wrx/uk/ppp wrote:
I don't think the lead i have is specific for the vw group mate so il run some checks and try a few programes and let you know the out come lol!

VAG COM stands for Vw Audi Group COMunication.

If you are looking for something that works through your laptop here is a good one- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELM-327-1-4-CAR-DIAGNOSTIC-CODE-READER-SCANNER-OBD2-CAN-/200612041529?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2eb568d339

Its cheap too!

Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyThu 2 Jun - 18:03

kgt wrote:
I got this one. Its probably not as good as the one Jonny Gav suggests but it certainly does the trick and has pointed me towards several of the long running issues I'd had previously.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LATEST-UNIVERSAL-CAR-FAULT-DIAGNOSTIC-CODE-READER-OBD2-/380233085715?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item5887a87313

On a side note it even seems to have some kind of artificial intelligence which can detect my mechanical abilities depending on the fault code.

which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? Obd10

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? EmptyThu 2 Jun - 21:17

hahahahaha fpmsl at some of these posts Razz

My head is fooking done in and still not got the bloody thing right however im no quitter thats why i still smoke ( no one likes a quitter )

so i will get it right even if i kick the fook out of me lap top and everything in a 10m radius !

lol! lol! lol! and loads of scratch scratch study study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which software to read scooby ecu codes ????   which software to read scooby ecu codes ???? Empty

Back to top Go down

which software to read scooby ecu codes ????
Page 1 of 1