North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!!

Go down 
+4
bazpro88
Jonny Gav
CARLOS
Calvert_87
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Calvert_87

Calvert_87

Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! Empty
PostSubject: Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!!   Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyWed 29 Jun - 19:38

Do really need to get rid of the Impreza and recoup some money before it breaks again, and it will. But I just cant bring me self to do it. I do love that car. After driving round in a 1.2 Corsa all last week getting the Impreza back yesterday made me realise how much of an amazing car it is and how much I really don't want rid. Any how here's my rear diff after Santa Pod, notice the nicely striped planet gears which are in the bottom of the box, thing I have done quite well. And the only Vid I got from Santa Pod when I managed to kick me lass out the car to take it.

Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! 2011-06-28153147

Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! 2011-06-28153154

Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! Th_video-2011-06-18-15-11-57
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!!   Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyWed 29 Jun - 19:47

poor diff proper fooked Sad
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!!   Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyWed 29 Jun - 20:00

I understand your dilemma mate, the thing is your car will be ultra reliable when it is treat with a degree of mechanical sympathy

crazy sidesteps, drag racing doing run after run and traffic light launches WILL break it and 99% of all other cars on the road too.

My advice is "treat it like a lady, not a whore"
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

PostSubject: Re: Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!!   Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyWed 29 Jun - 22:22

if you sell it be prepared to lose a fortune and you will be wanting another one or something just as expensive to run in a few month.
thats what happened to me.
keep looking at audi and bmw diesels even though they look nice and are probs quite quick they just dont float my boat.
i always regret selling quick cars.rs turbo, cosworth,200 sx, impreza had a cheap runabout inbetween all them and got fed up straight away.
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!!   Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyWed 29 Jun - 22:50

look at your finances and if you are comfortably affording it then keep it. the odd bit of money here and ther is only the same as you will probably loose while changing from car to car trying to find one your happy with!
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!!   Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyThu 30 Jun - 7:44

Never had a car longer than 14 months before buying the red one. Now I'm infected I cant see myself in anything else. Tried a few others recently, including my neighbours M3, but it just feels wrong. Ive watched so many other people on here and other web sites go through the same dilema as you and I think on average about 75% of them end up buying another scoob after 3-6 months. Sure you could wander to the dark side and get an Evo, which is comparable, but even the people who've done that end up coming back.

Ive had mine 6 yrs this year and just keep giving it a little tickle now and again to keep it fresh. Yes its given me some grief here and there but its given me ten times the pleasure back and I think you know yours will too. As Hardy has said, if you can afford it then I'd keep it, coz your changeover costs will be where you really lose out. Only thing I'd add is if you do hang on to her, try showing her a bit more love rather than taking her up the arse all the time.
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!!   Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyThu 30 Jun - 7:54

keep the car m8 like KGT and others say just treat it good and it won't break. Smile
Back to top Go down
drew@drewsautos

drew@drewsautos

PostSubject: Re: Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!!   Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyThu 30 Jun - 8:06

Jonny Gav wrote:
I understand your dilemma mate, the thing is your car will be ultra reliable when it is treat with a degree of mechanical sympathy

crazy sidesteps, drag racing doing run after run and traffic light launches WILL break it and 99% of all other cars on the road too.

My advice is "treat it like a lady, not a whore"

110% agree with jonny,people forget they built as a family/performance car not as rally/drag/track car,

If i was you i'd change my driving stile not the car
Back to top Go down
Calvert_87

Calvert_87

PostSubject: Re: Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!!   Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! EmptyThu 30 Jun - 13:02

I think your all right, just cant help me self. Cant put it up for sale till I get back from me holiday so if I do it will be July 25th at the earliest, probably definitely talked me self out of it by then lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!!   Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Arrr, Don't Thing I Can Do It !!!
Page 1 of 1