North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

How are people getting insured?!?!?

Go down 
+19
deano27
byers
Lordharding
dicca
kgt
D4VEW557
Lady Luck
bazpro88
Steviedoo
cdm1
warwickd
impreza1234
CARLOS
phils (Rip off) scooby
mickymarwood
DAZ.STI
KushBex
stevebt
Iain
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Iain

Iain

How are people getting insured?!?!? Empty
PostSubject: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 18:24

I've spent the last week trying to get a decent insurance quote but the best I can find for both me and my wife is 1300 for a standard uk turbo.

Were 27 and 28 with 6 ncb each so it's not age or inexperience.

I just see people younger then me getting quotes on import sti's for like 1k and I'm getting quotes of 2800!

Am u missing something here? Is there some sneaky ways to lower insurance?
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 18:34

Kieth michaels, but he does only tend to give better quotes for modified cars.
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 18:35

A lot of the lads on here use Keith Michael's Insurance or A-Plan and seem to get good deals.

I am due a renewal in October so will be looking at these two soon, I got ripped off by Swinton who quoted £440 fully comp but then hyped up the price to £980 when I moved just 3/4 mile up the street - Tossers!
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 18:39

Compare the market did it for me,, ended up with Bradford and Bingley building society believe it or not!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 18:40

keith michaels was 1200 quid cheaper than any off confused.com for me Wink
Back to top Go down
phils (Rip off) scooby

phils (Rip off) scooby

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 18:42

traders for me
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 18:47

kwik fit for me 400 quid 8yr ncb on a standard bugeye wagon Cool
Back to top Go down
impreza1234

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 18:54

flux direct 500notes for me and mrs with a claim in last 3 years
Back to top Go down
warwickd

warwickd

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 19:11

traders for me also
Back to top Go down
cdm1

cdm1

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 19:16

just wait to get old lol 40yr old driving since 17yr no claims me and the misses UK Turbo some mods £279 fully comp One Call Laughing
Back to top Go down
Iain

Iain

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 19:27

I've not tried compare the Market actually. Strange since their adverts are on ALL the time!

Everyone says speak to Gary at Keith michaels but he's impossible to get onto. I wonder if it's worth just having someone else quote me from Keith michaels... Can't be that much different right?
Back to top Go down
stevebt

stevebt

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 19:30

Gary is the only person that will get you a good deal, you are wasting your time talking to anyone else. I pay £675 a year for my car and considering what has been done to it I consider that an astounding price Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 19:49

Smeean wrote:
I've spent the last week trying to get a decent insurance quote but the best I can find for both me and my wife is 1300 for a standard uk turbo.

I just see people younger then me getting quotes on import sti's for like 1k and I'm getting quotes of 2800!

Think you'll find your Sunderland post code ain't doing you any favours, I know people with Sunderland post codes driving about in normal run of the mill hatchbacks paying over the odds for insurance just because of there postcode, I pay £650 for me and our lass on a modified wrx insured through Keith michaels, I'm not in Sunderland post code though
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 20:16

iam in the same boat mate hence why i sold my bugeye.
aplan where quite good until i told them i had just bought the car and then they said well we cant insure you on it as you have owned it for over a year !!!! was a bit of a problem at the time considering i had to drive it home from scotland !
Back to top Go down
Lady Luck

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 20:20

We're both 28 and have full NCB and no claims and our policy is just under a grand... but of course that includes the nice charge for the privilege of paying monthly Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bazpro88

bazpro88

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 20:30

try greenlight.
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 20:52

Steviedoo wrote:
Smeean wrote:

Think you'll find your Sunderland post code ain't doing you any favours, I know people with Sunderland post codes driving about in normal run of the mill hatchbacks paying over the odds for insurance just because of there postcode, I pay £650 for me and our lass on a modified wrx insured through Keith michaels, I'm not in Sunderland post code though

I have a sunderland post code and pay £530 fully comp courtsey of Keith Michael's
Back to top Go down
Iain

Iain

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 21:20

Filled in aquote on greenlight, had a good chuckle at their list of cars they wont insure due to high risk...

200sx <--- had one of these and nearly killed myself in the wet

Need to wait untill they get back to me with their quote, hopefully it should be a good un
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 21:38

Been with A Plan for about 4 yrs now. All mods declared.

Fully comp Protected NCD was about £590 from memory last year, but should be a bit cheaper this year as 6 of my 9 points have dropped off Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
dicca

dicca

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 21:40

Alright mate I'm with a plan! I'm 28, 4year ncb all mods declared and an accident last year which still isn't settled and I pay £765 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iain

Iain

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 21:44

What i think the problem is, is that none of the insurers like A plan can put me on a special performance car policy since they require you to have had another performance car within the last 12 months.

Although i have a 200 bhp fto parked on the drive its not been insured for over a year so im not eligable due to driving the astra Sad

Im just hoping greenlight or keith michaels can look past the astra and still put me on one due to my previous cars!
Back to top Go down
Lordharding

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyMon 11 Jul - 22:34

I'm quite lucky being old

Max NCD
Garaged Both
Good postcode (surrounded by sheep)
Low mileage on greenwagon 4k
Average mileage on WRXD 13k
Sensible occupation
Other cars in household
Protected
No buisness use
Clean licences
Spouse and myself

Greenwagon classic turbo £340. Went up £20 this year
wRXD. £299 Went up £1 this year

Both paid in full NE credit card charges
Gary Moulson from Keith Michaels

Every year I shop around and no one gets close to him
Been with him for 7 years now

Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyTue 12 Jul - 12:07

[quote="cdm1"]just wait to get old lol 40yr old driving since 17yr no claims me and the misses UK Turbo some mods £279 fully comp One Call Laughing [/quote

i would rather stay young and pay more money still lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Iain

Iain

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyTue 12 Jul - 12:43

So I finally got through to Gary at Keith michaels and because I haven't been insured on the fto in the last 2 years he can't quote me.

Looks like a plan at 1250 fully comp is going to be best for a year then after a year ican switch to an sti or something and go on a performance car policy.

Oh well!
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? EmptyTue 12 Jul - 12:45

had the same problem with my saloon wrx once had it a year insurance companys wanted to know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are people getting insured?!?!?   How are people getting insured?!?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

How are people getting insured?!?!?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next