North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
gettin the rb5 back EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
gettin the rb5 back EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
gettin the rb5 back EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
gettin the rb5 back EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
gettin the rb5 back EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
gettin the rb5 back EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
gettin the rb5 back EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
gettin the rb5 back EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
gettin the rb5 back EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

gettin the rb5 back

Go down 
+7
Towser
phils (Rip off) scooby
dicca
KushBex
impreza1234
Jonny Gav
Keiffy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Keiffy

Keiffy

gettin the rb5 back Empty
PostSubject: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 17:55

never been i this situation before can anyone enlighten me to time scales proceduers etc on gettin my car back...ive informed my insurance but havent heard anything from the police yet,will i have to buy the car back off the insurance,because there are ceartin parts i could re sell any info would be gratefully appreciated,thanks..keith
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 18:03

If they will allow it you can buy it back as salvage, some ins co's have contracts with breakers so have to sell straight to them.
Back to top Go down
impreza1234

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 18:06

how old is the car ? if over certain age i think they crush it as was brought in as part of the scrappage thing to get the older cars of the road but dont quote me on that
Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 18:10

fkn ell it a 99 better not crush it its got loads of possesions still in it,i thought the police would be testing the brakes etc..
Back to top Go down
impreza1234

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 18:33

they will let u get your belongins out no probs like i say dont quote me on it i had crashed a t reg vectra sri and thats what i got told had very light damage
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 18:38

Hey Keith,
My lass roll rolled my Legnum VR4 and I wanted it back to strip all of the new modified parts off of it for my other one, insurance company said that there was no chance of me buying it back as it was a CAT - B write off and had to be broken up by a yard.

Anyway, long story short, I got in touch with the company that uplifted the car and was storing it for the insurance company, paid them their recovery and storage fees and got them to drop the car back of at mine, I then informed the insurance that the vehicle was going to be stored at my home address Free Of Charge, they were delighted with that as the recovery company was charging £20 a day storage.

Eventually Copart came to collect the car which by then was basically a bare shell Twisted Evil

Anyway best of luck getting it back bud.

Last edited by KushBex on Wed 20 Jul - 19:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 18:38

affraid cheers lads should be home at the weekend so i can start and get things sorted out only put a simtec ecu in it about 3 weeks before the crash,its got a typhoon full de cat thats about it as upgrades goes but dont think the engine was damaged,saying that i thought only the door creased on impact till i saw the pictures...lol..thanks lads keith
Back to top Go down
dicca

dicca

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 18:59

I bought my car bk off insurance company last year and it only cost me £300, but the car never left my house so it was easy but I've heard of breakers yards making it impossible to get cars bk as they want to make money on them! Good luck thou mate hope u can get it bk with no problems Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 19:00

I managed to buy my Cat B write off back off the insurance a few years ago. Hope you get it mate.
Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 19:05

thanks for the info lads greatly appreciated i ve got a few different ideas on how to get it sorted thanks again everyone...keith
Back to top Go down
phils (Rip off) scooby

phils (Rip off) scooby

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 19:17

Yellowperil wrote:
I managed to buy my Cat B write off back off the insurance a few years ago. Hope you get it mate.

jesus cat b carnt even be put back on the road it must have been fcuked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 19:30

yeah it was lol, rolled 3times. Just bought it back and bust it to learn abit more on the mechanical side of things at a time when i knew nowt. Still made a profit on it though Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 19:45

CAT B car's shouldn't be back on the road - they are sold for salvage/spares only and NOT to be put back on the road.

Saying that I had an astra which turned out to be cat B - got rid of it sharpish but it did have its
VIC test etc ... no idea how it slipped thru the net.

The categories can also be worsened due to the age of the car and cost it would involve to repair - so if its a brand new car, it's in the insurances interest to repair it - if it's an old car the cost to repair it would outstrip the value and then the cats can be shady.

CAT D is often cosmetic and its all down to the person who grades it on the day.

Back to top Go down
Towser

Towser

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 19:54

Geyup Keith,, I couldnt buy back my Skyline, but I knew who had it and got him to remove some parts for me might be worth a try.
Back to top Go down
sh77

sh77

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 20:30

hey mate. my car got written off. was taken 2 arnold clark on scotswood road. was there about a month. i kept ringin my insurance company up and told them i was pretty sure i would buy it back. they said would contact arnold clark because the breakers yards would all be wanting it. so when they gave me the estimate. they gave me one full quote and one quote with money taken off for the value of the car. as soon as i said i wanted the car back and what ever money, i had arnold clark on the phone demanding the car was moved from their yard! also their was quite a few bits robbed of it!!!! that was last july.
Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 20:34

yeah mate thats my worry i will just have to find whose got it asap and get the ball moving ...cheers lads great info..keith
Back to top Go down
sh77

sh77

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 20:37

good luck. if ur insurance company has not payed out they will have details of where it is kept.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 21:00

They'll have to tell you where it is so you can get your belongings. Hopefully its not like mine was as they took mine upto Scotland Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyWed 20 Jul - 21:04

Mrs_Mid_Life_Crisis wrote:
CAT B car's shouldn't be back on the road - they are sold for salvage/spares only and NOT to be put back on the road.

Saying that I had an astra which turned out to be cat B - got rid of it sharpish but it did have its

The categories can also be worsened due to the age of the car and cost it would involve to repair - so if its a brand new car, it's in the insurances interest to repair it - if it's an old car the cost to repair it would outstrip the value and then the cats can be shady.

CAT D is often cosmetic and its all down to the person who grades it on the day.

The car was 18month old lol. Tbh, it was stupid of them as they had no idea what i was going to do with it. I could have intended to put it on the road for all they knew. The state it was in, there was no way it could have been though, unless it was reshelled. My fb friends can see it in my 'previous cars' folder Laughing
Back to top Go down
mickymarwood

mickymarwood

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyThu 21 Jul - 21:39

The car was 18month old lol. Tbh, it was stupid of them as they had no idea what i was going to do with it. I could have intended to put it on the road for all they knew. The state it was in, there was no way it could have been though, unless it was reshelled. My fb friends can see it in my 'previous cars' folder Laughing[/quote]

Its what else they will see is the worrying part affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyThu 21 Jul - 22:16

Yellowperil wrote:
Mrs_Mid_Life_Crisis wrote:

The car was 18month old lol. Tbh, it was stupid of them as they had no idea what i was going to do with it. I could have intended to put it on the road for all they knew. The state it was in, there was no way it could have been though, unless it was reshelled. My fb friends can see it in my 'previous cars' folder Laughing
how did you escape that????? Shocked
thats what i would do if i had a renault to btw Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyThu 21 Jul - 22:20

i smashed my mg zr Shocked in to a post rolled in to a field landed on the roof and walked away with a scratch and got the car back Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyThu 21 Jul - 22:28

Lol! No injuries at all apart from a scratch on the side of my hand when pushing the door window out to crawl out of it. Would have probably been cut to shreds if it wasnt for the window tints holding the glass together Smile . Oh, had a small bump on me head when i did the idiot thing and undid my seatbelt when the car was upside down Laughing
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyFri 22 Jul - 8:44

Yellowperil wrote:
Lol! No injuries at all apart from a scratch on the side of my hand when pushing the door window out to crawl out of it. Would have probably been cut to shreds if it wasnt for the window tints holding the glass together Smile . Oh, had a small bump on me head when i did the idiot thing and undid my seatbelt when the car was upside down Laughing
pmsl:D
what caused you to roll the car?? missed a turn or someone hit you??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back EmptyFri 22 Jul - 9:40

Load of crap on the road, slid and lost control. Clipped a wall F/N/S and it send the car over. Was only doing about 30 Neutral

gettin the rb5 back 79518cea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gettin the rb5 back   gettin the rb5 back Empty

Back to top Go down

gettin the rb5 back
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next