North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

big meet. possible total impreza feature

Go down 
+11
FINN
hardy172
BlazingPixie
phil555
Jonny Gav
Rooter
drew160387
KushBex
Dan G
Lordharding
D4VEW557
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

big meet. possible total impreza feature Empty
PostSubject: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 0:25

I’ve thinking about a big nesf event since it was mentioned in a thread a while ago and now with the new alliance with tts it seems it could be an even bigger event.
I was thinking along the lines of the end of summer a big all day meet, a mini nbo if you like.

It was mentioned before about something to raise money for the air ambulance that played a vital part in Keith’s rescue and this could be just the thing.
This is my thoughts for this event

A meeting place with a field large enough for all the cars, get some bbq’s on the go talk members into donating some burgers, sausages and the like then chuck them on the barby and sell them back to people. Anyone willing to donate anything that can be raffled would be good it is for charity after all.

Also it would good to get a bit of inter club completion going maybe a 5 a side match or something along those lines, then of course the obligatory best car competition something like best nesf as voted for by tts members and vice versa the car of the day as voted by everyone.

This was all thought up last night so I appreciate it’s a bit sketchy, as I mention in another post I have been in contact with Lesley at total impreza about doing a feature if we did some kind of event although she hasn’t confirmed they would she did say that it was been discussed with the magazine editor and they would be back in touch.

Any how this post is getting far too long so I’ll leave it at that, let me know if anyone would be interested in something along these lines and I’m sure between us something could be sorted.
Back to top Go down
Lordharding

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 7:44

With the midland big meet at Mansfield now looking like it is not going to happen on 12 sept there is mileage in doing a mini event in the scooby calendar
Who knows you might get 300 there cheers
Back to top Go down
Dan G

Dan G

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 7:58

Sounds good that mate

Think we should start getting it sorted, dates, venue etc
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 9:43

How about Witton Castle - Local to a lot of us and their events field is massive.

There are also two bars, a restaurant, , a shop, and a play park.

http://www.witton-castle.co.uk/index.php

big meet. possible total impreza feature WittonPark
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 14:43

witton castle was my first thought for a venue it would be the ideal place really.
I know they have played host to some big bike meetings so i dare say they could be talked in to letting us have our gathering there.

Cheers for the pm dan, if it is decided to do this then i'm not claiming to be any great organiser so a lot of help will be needed.
Back to top Go down
drew160387

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 15:32

Wittens good and also been home to durham dubs a few time for events so they have the soace. Another place big enought would be herrington country park which has hosted nems (north east motor show) a few times. Im willing to sort sone burgers either bought or homemade to donate and sell on for charity. Im sure if a confident memver popped ibto a big butchers theyd offer charity help for some free advertising
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 15:41

It's all about the numbers though to make it worth doing we would need a good turn out.

If people on here are up for it i'll post on tts and see if there is any interest there then we can start atempting to organise something.
Back to top Go down
Dan G

Dan G

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 17:00

Maybe get a list goin in EVENTS section, see who would be up for it?
Back to top Go down
Rooter

Rooter

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 17:17

I'd be up for it, wouldn't go in the scoob though, 2 mins in a taxi with a crate of stella
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'd wear some nesf branded clothes though, to spread the word, and help identify me when I fall asleep in a ditch
Shocked Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 17:43

Great idea Dave, you have my full support with this Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 18:03

Would there be other people about to rake their money in off as well?

Don't think we'd raise our full potential (dictionary for tea Very Happy ) if its somewhere where there are just the two clubs and no members of the public etc to contribute.

My idea was to see if it could be held at Beamish Museum as they often have car clubs etc down there and there are lots of other 'passing trade' who we can fleece?

Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 18:33

I ike the passing trade idea but not so sure about beamish, have you ever been anyone who is there will probably be sick as they have already been fleeced with the price of the entry free.

witton castle will have other people about as is has a few static caravan sites and a touring site all within a minutes walk of the field where we would be.
Back to top Go down
Dan G

Dan G

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 19:09

Think Witton castle would be ideal

Although Beamish sounds good, its only 5 mins from me, ooooh the saving on fuel lol!
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 20:30

Have you got a price on public liability insurance yet Dave?

If not I am sure Lordy will be able to give you some advice on the matter.
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 20:46

Sounds like a cracking idea. If you need any flyers give me a shout and I'll get them sorted.
Back to top Go down
Dan G

Dan G

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 21:11

Think we need a deffo date to get things going
Back to top Go down
BlazingPixie

BlazingPixie

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 21:20

Wait till mines fixed dammit ! lol cat
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 22:25

Jonny Gav wrote:
Have you got a price on public liability insurance yet Dave?

If not I am sure Lordy will be able to give you some advice on the matter.

That would be a no, as far as i'm aware you don't have to have it, though it is something i know very little about.

I am a big believer in if you have an accident you should watch what you are fookin doing.

As you say i'm sure Mr harding could shed some light on this matter.
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 22:49

does it have to be just NESF & TTS?

Could we maybe invite other car/bike clubs like
MLR,
Jap north east,
Durham RSOC,
Tyne and wear RSOC,
That american car club (dont know what it's called).
Any local Bike clubs (john will be able to tell us as he's now a power ranger) nedeatailing.co.uk always seem keen to join in with events.

just a thought though dont know what extra problems, stresses, costs this would create.
Back to top Go down
D4VEW557

D4VEW557

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 23:32

hardy 172 wrote:
does it have to be just NESF & TTS?

just a thought though dont know what extra problems, stresses, costs this would create.

It can be anything people want, it's a nesf event .

It does have to be realisticly organisable in a short period of time though as the weather will be against us as time goes on and the bigger it gets the harder it will be to get sorted in time.
It would be good to try and rope some companies in though if only to blag some free raffle prizes.
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySat 23 Jul - 23:50

excellent idea.

am well up for it Cool
Back to top Go down
KushBex

KushBex

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySun 24 Jul - 9:29

Dave,
Witton Castle also have a small mobile bar, if you ask them nicely they might be able to set it up on the events field, normally they set it up just outside the playpark:

big meet. possible total impreza feature IMG00382-20110709-1654

Also on the bank holiday of 29th August there is the Durham Classic Vehicle Show, might be worth a pop up there to see how the field can be set up etc.
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySun 24 Jul - 10:52

why not book croft ..theyd probs help sort things and think theyve had north air ambulance on few occasions ...handy for motorways etc
Back to top Go down
cdm1

cdm1

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySun 24 Jul - 17:13

i have a mate who dose bouncy castle hire i am sure if ask him he will supply one free for charity
Back to top Go down
Caryn190

Caryn190

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature EmptySun 24 Jul - 22:08

i have the nesf bbq Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: big meet. possible total impreza feature   big meet. possible total impreza feature Empty

Back to top Go down

big meet. possible total impreza feature
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next