North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. Empty
PostSubject: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyMon 3 Oct - 14:35

Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. Img_3910

Wahey, look what the postie just delivered to my office, courtesy of lovel ebay. Not content with modding the looks and performance of the car, I cant forget my own comfort and convenience now can I. Should mate up lovely with Alpine HU and means I dont have to keep shouting at my so called bluetooth compatible twat nav.

Question - what should I tap into to get my battery/power feed so its only on when the ignition is on ?

And please make the answer very very very simple and preferably include pictures (and I dont mean wiring diagrams).

Failing that, I'll wire as much up as I can and will bring the car to the meet tomorrow for a capable person to finish off without risking a fire Laughing
Back to top Go down
EJ22 GAV

EJ22 GAV

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyMon 3 Oct - 14:40

keith, if u want, al help u, im in chester and have hoards of connectors etc if u wanna fly thru about 4pm?
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyTue 4 Oct - 8:03

Appreciate the offer mate, but I fly in the opposite direction about that time to pick up my little ladies from nursery, then I'm in for the rest of the night. Not so easy me getting out nowadays Laughing

If I do get along to the meet tonight, I just need pointing in the right direction and I can sort the rest myself as the other connections are academic (and trouble free).
Back to top Go down
pitchblack

pitchblack

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyTue 4 Oct - 8:11

Take the live from the switched live on headunit, or live for cig lighter, cig lighter will be easy anough for you as only had a earth and a live
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyTue 4 Oct - 8:23

Cheers fella, I should have thought of that myself, I'll have a little peek at the spaghetti later and see if I can figure that one out. Sounds simple enough though.
Back to top Go down
pitchblack

pitchblack

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyTue 4 Oct - 11:09

2 mins to find with voltage tester and that includes removing head unit lol
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyTue 4 Oct - 11:36

Now you are having a laugh. I'll sit and stare at the job for more than 2 minutes deciding if I need a cup of tea before getting started. Then I'll mess about putting some music on in the garage, then I'll come on here and ask if I need to disconnecct the battery, then I'll make another cup of tea and stare at it all over again before deciding which hammer and chisel I'm going to use to get the dash apart. Several hours later after inventing new swear words I'll emerge from the garage with several cuts and grazes, whilst the car sobs gently in the corner of the garage after much violation.
Back to top Go down
jonesy81

jonesy81

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyTue 4 Oct - 12:05

pmsl
Back to top Go down
pitchblack

pitchblack

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyTue 4 Oct - 12:29

Fpmsl only you bud
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyWed 5 Oct - 1:08

rofl lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyWed 5 Oct - 8:43

So when you dropping it at Andys then? Lol
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. EmptyWed 5 Oct - 8:47

Oh yee of little faith. Give me your mobi number and I'll call you tonight while I'm out on my victorious post fitment cruise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.   Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself. Empty

Back to top Go down

Just arrived, keen to fit.....all by myself.
Page 1 of 1