North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Simple situation turning a bit naughty

Go down 
+9
baldy
deano27
big deano
steve51
jonesy81
Andy Kindon
Lordharding
FINN
kgt
13 posters
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

Simple situation turning a bit naughty Empty
PostSubject: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 7:58

Its not often that I get wound up about something, but this is starting to tick me off a little bit.

Mrs KGT was unfortunately involved in a minor accident on Tuesday morning, whilst heading into work. She is totally fine and thankfully she'd already dropped the girls off at Nursery. She was sitting in a line of traffic on the way into Staindrop, when a girl in a small car ran into the back of her. Lynne got out of the car and the girl came running up apologizing profusely, saying "Sorry, my brakes just didnt work" (yes that was the exact line)

Rather than hold the traffic up they pulled round the corner and had a quick look at the cars. There was nothing too obvious on the CRV but the shape of Lynnes rear bumper/diffuser was clearly evident on the front of the other car, almost like it had gone into then slightly underneath our car. Lynne smartly took a few pics on the iPhone before exchanging details - unfortunately neither had insurance details with them so they exchanged phone numbers, names and addresses.

Lynne rang the insurance company to notify them (as you should do, whether making a claim or not) and headed into work. The girl rang her a little while later to say she didnt want to pursue this and could they drop it. Lynne said whilst there was no damage evident at the scene, that didnt mean there was no damage elsewhere and she'd informed her insurers. The lass seemed a bit upset by that and ended the call. I had a look at the car when I got back home and found some damage to the paint work which will need rectifying in the bodyshop - ok its not major but it needs sorting and as its under warranty, it will need to be Hondas bodyshop of course.

Yesterday Lynne got a call from a "claims investigator" who said he'd been out to our house and taken photos of the car and accused Lynne of lying, saying he'd seen no damage to the car at all. Shortly after that Lynne got a call from Honda Assist (who are managing her claim) saying the girls partner had been on the phone shouting about how the girl was recording the conversation on her mobile phone and has Lynne saying there's no damage (which she didnt) and now maintains that Lynne rolled back into his lass. Now that bit is laughable as the accident happened on a bit of road thats downhill - how do you roll a 2 tonne Honda back up that ???

To say the least, the Mrs is a little bit rattled by this. Firstly, she's no lier and is being made to feel like the guilty party and secondly that some bloke had been out to our house taking bloody photos on our property. She starting to feel intimidated and I can feel my blood boiling which is very rare.....and I'm not happy that I'm off to China this weekend and will be away from the house for 2 weeks. What if this nutball boyfriend starts coming round ours making trouble ?

Its got me proper pissed off. All lynne wants is her immaculate car restored to its pre-accident condition. Its not like we cant afford the £300-400 its would take to do that, but why should we when it wasnt her fault. Anyway, I just needed to get that off my chest amongst a bunch of people who would understand. Grrrrrrrrr.

Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 8:06

if this nutball does come round your house giv me a shout, a will be there asap..

and am sure baldy will do the same as he lives just up the road from you.

Back to top Go down
Lordharding

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 8:13

I would notify the police of the incident ,just in case she was not actually insured
And the boyfriend is putting on the frighterners on you .

Who was the claims investigator
The boyfriend prehaps who popped round to look at the car ?

Why don't you go round and photograph her car

Also take photo of the road it happened on showing a flat section of it
Back to top Go down
Andy Kindon

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 8:51

claims investergator on a £400 claim, total load of bollix, more like the other driver dont wana loose ther no claims, get a claim in too, i was in the back remember Surprised and my neck hurting today study ouch cheers
Back to top Go down
jonesy81

jonesy81

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 9:21

check on askmid car may well not be insured aswell and also even if your wife rolled back in to her the rear driver is still at fault as there should have left plenty off room for driver error hope you get this sorted but defo look on the ask mid website mate tell you if car is insured it might be that its not. good luck jonesy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 11:04

jonesy81 wrote:
check on askmid car may well not be insured aswell and also even if your wife rolled back in to her the rear driver is still at fault as there should have left plenty off room for driver error hope you get this sorted but defo look on the ask mid website mate tell you if car is insured it might be that its not. good luck jonesy

Was just gonna say that!

We had the same sort of thing but stupid cow backed out of a space at Asda into our car which had also pulled out but was clear of the parking space, she admitted she couldn't see over the wheel on the back to us there and then and that she would sort it out.

Next thing we know is her boyfriend was on the phone saying it was knock for knock .. as that car was 3rd party fire and theft only we didn't have the legal assistance - but your wife will no doubt be fully comp - use the legal assistance ;-)

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 13:15

Cheers folks. Daft thing is, we know the lass is insured as Honda have confirmed her details on the Uk insurance database they have access to, so I dont know why all the fuss. Its not far off intimidation. Ive got to say that Honda Assist have been brilliant, very refreshing in this day and age.

And yes, I had also jumped to the conclusion that the claims investigator and the boyfriend were one in the same, which annoyed me even more to think he's been round the house. I'm less worried about the car and more concerned about him causing trouble while I'm away, and the Mrs feeling vulnerable in our own home. Dont get me wrong, she's no shrinking violet, but youve no idea how far some people will go if theyve got a grudge.

Ref Lordhardings post, I think I'll give the local plod a call to check this out.

I'll also be leaving one or two mobile phone numbers with our lass while I'm away Wink

Back to top Go down
steve51

steve51

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 17:53

Before calling the police find out her insurance company and ring them for a copy of the report from there investigator, they can tell you there and then whether a report has been filed or if an invesitigator has been assigned. I control a large fleet at work and this is common now. Also got a great claims management number that we use if you need it (Also some insurance co's will do an automatic injury payout if you now how to trigger it)
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 18:50

FINN wrote:
if this nutball does come round your house giv me a shout, a will be there asap..

+1 i hate scroats like this fcking arsehole scumbags
Back to top Go down
deano27

deano27

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 19:15

+2 , see how the boyfriend deals with 500 or so Subaru enthusiasts , after all we are Nesf

NORTHEAST SUBARU FAMILY lol
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 19:47

FINN wrote:

keith ya got my no.gimme a shout anytime
hope u get sorted
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 19:48

hope you can solve the situation and your fellow nesf members will take care of the wife Laughing Smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 19:51

The Mrs has just taken the car over to Honda today who confirmed its most likely a paint shop job and doesnt look structural, still we shouldn't have to pay for anything in my mind.

Will see how things progress with Honda Assist handling this - they have been excellent so far and Lynne is very happy with their support.....however she's even more impressed with the words on here and laughed out loud at the thought of Baldy dashing to her rescue.

And Deans image of a fleet of Scoobs turning up on the ranters doorstep is priceless. I think his arse would sound like a blown backbox when he pulled back the curtains.

Cheers all, I'm feeling better already. Love to "the family" from the Mrs.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 19:54

keffer wrote:
hope you can solve the situation and your fellow nesf members will take care of the wife Laughing Smile Very Happy

I'm only away for two weeks Keffer, hopefully she can last that long without having to ask 500 NESF members round for some "company" Laughing .
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 19:55

darn it just booked my flight over Laughing lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 20:38

well any probs mate 07926971608 ive been known to enjoy a good fight as such Wink and any chance to issue baldy a sly slap will be a bonus for always fooking with my profile hahahaha
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 20:43

big deano wrote:
well any probs mate 07926971608 ive been known to enjoy a good fight as such Wink and any chance to issue baldy a sly slap will be a bonus for always fooking with my profile hahahaha
you wish Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ive got some ladders u can use to give u a bit of a chance lol! lol! lol! lol!

munchkin
Back to top Go down
hardy172

hardy172

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 21:27

Back to the illedged recording of a phone conversation ... without being told in advance this is illegal isn't it?!?
Hence why all call centres ect have to tell you at the beginning of the call!! So even if they have recorded it its worth fook all in the dispute!!!
Back to top Go down
big deano

big deano

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 21:53

baldy wrote:
big deano wrote:

munchkin

lol! lol! lol! lol! you £$$%£$*&*(**^$£ lol! lol!

any chance of an elevator Razz Razz

Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyThu 6 Oct - 22:15

hope everything turns out ok mate.seems fishy a investigator was sent out so quickly...just trying to get out of it i think.plenty of support from the family though ...lol...cheers keith.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyFri 7 Oct - 14:09

Funny enough I'm working from home ahead of my trip and just got a call from a nice bloke at the other lasses insurance company (who she has now informed, 3 days after the fact) and he was totally shocked by what I told him - theyve never appointed anyone and have no knowledge of whats gone on but took doen the details with keen interest.

The lass now maintains that Lynne rolled back into her. Lynne is understandably fuming at this bit. Just for my own peace of mind I checked the road out last night and as I thought, its a downhill stretch - I can only presume this lass didnt do physics at school.

I really hope her insurers take a good luck and find out she's lying, then she'd be in real hot water, but I'm afraid that it might just get swept under the carpet and settled knock 4 knock or something stupid, just to get it off the books. Fingers crossed it goes as it should.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyFri 7 Oct - 14:19

hardy 172 wrote:
Back to the illedged recording of a phone conversation ... without being told in advance this is illegal isn't it?!?
Hence why all call centres ect have to tell you at the beginning of the call!! So even if they have recorded it its worth fook all in the dispute!!!

I think business calls are a different matter, particularly a business calling joe public. I think recording a conversation between individuals is considered ok as you cant expect there to be total provacy in the first place, specially out in the open, but I think its a load of bolx anyway. Lynne doesnt remember seeing the phone and you know the mics on those things are terrible anyway, just more intimidation. They arent doing themselves any favours. Its not like we are claiming it a write off when it isnt, its a few hundered quid in the paint shop. Very silly to react like this.
Back to top Go down
Rooter

Rooter

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty EmptyFri 7 Oct - 20:10

baldy wrote:
big deano wrote:

munchkin

FPMSL lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple situation turning a bit naughty   Simple situation turning a bit naughty Empty

Back to top Go down

Simple situation turning a bit naughty
Page 1 of 1