North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
putting car off the road for winter. EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
putting car off the road for winter. EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
putting car off the road for winter. EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
putting car off the road for winter. EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
putting car off the road for winter. EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
putting car off the road for winter. EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
putting car off the road for winter. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
putting car off the road for winter. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
putting car off the road for winter. EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

putting car off the road for winter.

Go down 
+7
scott gilhespy
iddysti
FINN
byers
Steviedoo
phil555
sh77
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sh77

sh77

putting car off the road for winter. Empty
PostSubject: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyMon 19 Dec - 20:23

had the car off the road for the winter fora month and a half now. putting it in the garage this week. is their anything i should be doing?? the battery has went flat a couple of times because i havent been starting it and charging it. could i take it off? what would happen with alarm? any tips? what does every one elso do? to prep it for off road. thinking the end of feb march for back out.
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyMon 19 Dec - 20:46

Your alarm will probs not be working if the battery is flat. You could alway stick a trickle charge on it if you have leccy in your garage. My car has been off the road for 2 months and will be until at least March. No leccy in my garage so it just sits there.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyMon 19 Dec - 20:51

phil555 wrote:
My car has been off the road for 2 years and will be until at least March 2015. No leccy in my garage so it just sits there for years at a time.

lol! lol! lol!

santa santa santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyMon 19 Dec - 20:58

Why take it off road it's fun to be had if anything I look forward to the winter in mine
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyMon 19 Dec - 21:03

Steviedoo wrote:
phil555 wrote:
My car has been off the road for 2 years and will be until at least March 2015. No leccy in my garage so it just sits there for years at a time.

lol! lol! lol!

santa santa santa rendeer

Not far off bud.......... lol!
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyMon 19 Dec - 21:08

byers wrote:
Why take it off road it's fun to be had if anything I look forward to the winter in mine

Salt is bad for the car bud. For all mine is a MY98 type R it's in mint condition, that's why mine goes into hibernation.
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyMon 19 Dec - 21:39

I didn't think like that mate forgot some u have to protect over winter had 5 gt turbo I garaged for them reasons, I guess I just like the awd in the winter
Back to top Go down
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyTue 20 Dec - 0:59

carnt understand why take them off the road for the winter ???

these cars are excellent in the winter Cool Cool

a can understand people changing there wheels over for winter.

personally there would only be a 22b a would store for winter...

the rest ov them are just anutha scoob in my eyes ......
Back to top Go down
iddysti

iddysti

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyTue 20 Dec - 7:43

FINN wrote:
carnt understand why take them off the road for the winter ???

these cars are excellent in the winter Cool Cool

a can understand people changing there wheels over for winter.

personally there would only be a 22b a would store for winter...

the rest ov them are just anutha scoob in my eyes ......

Agree, I can't wait for the snow
Back to top Go down
scott gilhespy

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyTue 20 Dec - 19:15

agreed. all youve got to do is keep it clean. quick blast over with a hose/ jet wash when you get home takes 15mins. anyone who cant be arsed to do that is just plain lazy. i love driving in the snow :-)
Back to top Go down
GIPA

GIPA

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyTue 20 Dec - 21:11

scott gilhespy wrote:
agreed. all youve got to do is keep it clean. quick blast over with a hose/ jet wash when you get home takes 15mins. anyone who cant be arsed to do that is just plain lazy. i love driving in the snow :-)

So your plain lazy !!!

There's no way you done that haha

My last one didnt even get washed last winter just drifted everywhere lol
Back to top Go down
GIPA

GIPA

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyTue 20 Dec - 21:12

I'm sick mines away but I don't think 10j wheels would go down well with the snow :-)
Back to top Go down
CARLOS

CARLOS

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyTue 20 Dec - 21:23

just drive them thats what they made for snow adds to the fun then give a wash Smile
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyTue 20 Dec - 21:40

omg!!! its only a car!! just drive it!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
sh77

sh77

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyFri 23 Dec - 17:48

i think people have got the wrong end of the stick here! i have used it the previous 2 winters.i have taken the car off the road to save money and miles as i had put 6000 miles on in six months as i changed jobs and want to keep it low, as it is an immaculate car which has now got 25000 miles on. i now have another car for work. i actually love driving the car in the snow!! but i am gathering together a load of parts to up the power and handling in the spring. and it is easier if its off the road in the garage.plus i can use my ncb on my work car. all i was asking for was any tips that people do when theirs is parked up.
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyFri 23 Dec - 20:22

i do se ya point fella,but your post reads "putting the car off the road for winter!!" i think everyone has got the wrong end of the stick as you did not mention the reason,best ask the mod's on winter storage but mine is it looks like its gonna be a while before the snow,have some fun!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
stevenic

stevenic

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. EmptyTue 27 Dec - 9:42

i put mine away for winter 13 months ago and it will be there for a lot longer unless i can sort some money out to run the thing next year(fingers crossed).the car has never seen a english winter road with it being an import and never will as long as i own it!keeps it looking nice and saves money on cleaning products,lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: putting car off the road for winter.   putting car off the road for winter. Empty

Back to top Go down

putting car off the road for winter.
Page 1 of 1