North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kgt
Admin
kgt

Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer Empty
PostSubject: Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer   Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer EmptyFri 28 May - 6:23

OK, so I havent fitted the vf48 or the injectors yet, but Greer spannered away early last evening to get the STi top mount on board and making friends with the new up-pipe and Finns ported headers.

As per many peoples advice the car is now fuelled with something substantially more potent than Totals 95 rat urine, in the form of BP Ultimate.

Ive got to admit I was cacking myself on the first mapping session, not sure what to expect and being asked to floor the car and take it to levels Ive not driven at before (probably like standing still to some of you guys mind). This time I was much more focussed and the 3.5k rpm to 6.5k rpm blasts were much better and Andys laptop didnt hit him in the mush once, altho we did scare one or two passing motorists and the odd sheep (safely in fields I might add).

Even Mr Carr was impressed by the results, emitting the odd "Blimee" and "Blooodee hell" (I'll ask him for the specific details so I can post them). Suffice to say the car is much more what he was expecting and a lot of that was down to the improved fuel.....not to mention his wizadry.

He was able to add back in over 5 degrees (I think he said) of ignition timing and the AFR is well improved. He had to map the car quite rich last time round due to the tank of piss I was running but he's been able to lean this out nicely, according to him. Overall the car is much smoother and (strangely) quieter. Its pulls in all gears very evenly and I for one am very happy.....for now, you all say.

Andys demeanour in car is great and I will definitely call on his services when the big stuff goes in and the real business starts. Ive got a lot of confidence in his abilities and thank Greer for convincing me to go this route.

At some point I suppose I need to do one of those rolling road things (a reputable one) but his prediction of 275-280bhp and appropriate torques to that level are definitely worth a few smiles Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andyg

Andyg

Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer   Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer EmptyFri 28 May - 17:36

The ammount of ign timing was 7Degrees increase, all just from using the shit total petrol, the BP stuff has made amassive difference, and i dare say with V poer even more. 7Degrees may not sound a lot but belive me 7Degrees as massive in the terms of ignision timing. Obviosluy the bigger intercooler has helped things too

Andy says around 2.5Bhp for 1 Degree so thats 17.5Bhp, and More torque, The spoolage now is Fantastic, very impressed with Finns Ported Headers and the AAS newburn Uppipe.

Car is sweet as now.
Back to top Go down

Map Tweak - Thanks Andrew Carr and Greer
Page 1 of 1