North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Forum has gone down hill  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Forum has gone down hill  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Forum has gone down hill  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Forum has gone down hill  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Forum has gone down hill  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Forum has gone down hill  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Forum has gone down hill  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Forum has gone down hill  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Forum has gone down hill  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Forum has gone down hill

Go down 
+7
maca
Lordharding
Scooberuni
kgt
kempy85
Captainfunbags
dgr72
11 posters
AuthorMessage
kempy85

kempy85

Forum has gone down hill  Empty
PostSubject: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptySun 3 Jan - 9:16

This forum used to be brilliant. Thir used to be at least 60 -70 people on line at once. For instance my post is still at the top of the new topic window after almost 2 days. Befor it would be on minutes and people would be slagging it takin the piss n havin a good crack on and same for any other post on hear and we all used to do stuff as a forum

Used to be a good forum this what a waste
Back to top Go down
dgr72

dgr72

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptySun 3 Jan - 10:14

Yes its totally dead now like tts.
I can only think some big fall out must of gone down between members.?
Back to top Go down
kempy85

kempy85

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptySun 3 Jan - 12:07

I don't think is that I think it's just people's lack of interest in both the cars and social side and people have sold their cars me being one of them but I'm still bang into them and check the forum several times a day. I used to enjoy runs out and meets
Back to top Go down
Captainfunbags

Captainfunbags

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyMon 4 Jan - 9:53

I have seen a downturn in activity on a few forums I go on, I think perhaps Facebook is a lot to do with it
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Swan-AVO/192928674123607?fref=ts
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyMon 4 Jan - 11:04

Chaps, its a damn shame, I think we all agree on that. No fall outs, no implosions as such (or no more than normal adult males have, haha.)

All the guys are still alive and well and playing with their cars, but the platform has shifted. Like many other forums things have gone to Facebook. Its not the ideal substitute, but the community is still there. Love it or hate it, its where its at.

NESF has its own page "NESF northeast Subaru forum" and a lot of the usual suspects from here also hang out on NESOC "North-East Subaru Owners Club.

This site will still be staying open but I guess more as an information library than anything else. All the craic has moved to the above FB pages. Check them out and enjoy.

Wink
Back to top Go down
kempy85

kempy85

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyMon 4 Jan - 12:40

Shame
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyMon 4 Jan - 13:04

Kempy, I thought the forum was 10x better, but FB is convenient and so with busy lives its inevitable, unfortunately. But its not like the scene itself has died. There are still plenty meets and run outs to attend and there are some very active members on FB, whether they are NESF or NESOC affiliated, so don't despair. You just need a Scoob now Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyMon 4 Jan - 15:27

I'm on few different Facebook groups and they seem just as dead as the forums to be honest. I know a lot of people have sold up to get either smaller or more economical cars, I can think of about 5 or 6 people off the top of my head. And there's not as many car shows or events as there used to be years ago so maybe this could just be a trend? Not as many people being into the fast car side things anymore and opting for more 'sensible' types of transport?
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyMon 4 Jan - 15:33

I'm surprised you say that mate. I know several people in the above group are very active in terms of run outs and events and more and more people are joining day by day, like it used to be in days of old on here. Yes some folks are selling up, but those cars are getting bought and re-enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
Scooberuni

Scooberuni

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyMon 4 Jan - 16:53

I don't know, I just see these Facebook clubs popping up left, right and centre and I keep getting added to them. Just random Subaru pages that are managed by Joe Bloggs and I don't even know most of the people in them. People post pictures of their Subaru's up, try to flog their spare parts and ask for advise etc. etc. but no mention of any local meets or shows or anything. Maybe I'm in the wrong clubs or something?  scratch  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyTue 5 Jan - 11:02

Like I said above mate, I reckon 75% of the previously active members from here are on the NESOC page that Locky and Chris set up. That page is very active with run outs & shows. Also a good number of members from here are also on the NESF page that Finn set up recently.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyThu 7 Jan - 12:48

Agree with Keith, everyone (or most) use Facebook now and both NESF and NESOC are spot on.
Back to top Go down
dgr72

dgr72

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyFri 8 Jan - 18:11

NESOC must be pretty elite,i tried to join twice and got knocked back.
Back to top Go down
Lordharding

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyFri 8 Jan - 20:00

As a dinosaur of the car and Subaru scene its happening in most parts of the county
Cumbrian scoobs which I founded as 4/5 members left
I no longer associate with them after how two of them shafted me with the NBO the forum gets 2/3 posts a month

The NBO attracted 350 every year under my 11 years
Forum has gone down hill  Fe96eddb

Last two years 100-140 atended

TTS is nine active and forum has collapsed
A shame as there was some great Members I was with them at the start but many have left the scene and a few joined Nesf a few years ago

The LAdS was a massive club maybe a dozen posts a week now

Scottish scoobies covers all of Scotland and maybe 20-25 posts a week for all of Scotland

Yorkshire clubs and uk scoobies have all seemed to disappear
North Wales and cads have a few posts but were massive years ago

Scoobynet is now very quite with maybe just a hardcore 50 members but very little conversation about subarus nowadays as no one really wants to buy a new one after the 09+ engines going pop
A great shame to finish the most popular affordable performance dream car from the late nineties

the civic forums and juke /Nismo forums I'm members off are very busy nowadays

The future for clubs is divestification
Like our own B-SPOC
Although we are trialing for 2 months just our Facebook sight the forum still got 20/30 posts per week
But the forum will pick up to its normal levels march -April time as show season starts
We are over subscribed for every display we put on

In 20 cars on a display 5-7 are subarus the rests range from Renault , VW seat ,Skoda ,Nismo ,BMW (M3 and even a Lambo and motorbikes

People don't drift away sometimes they just change their cars but still want hang out with the lads hence that's why B-SPOC continues to grow and cumbrian scoobs gets 4/5 cars at a show

Facebook is easier and far quicker to put photos up from our smartphone but forums are still the best for project threads

Back to top Go down
dgr72

dgr72

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyMon 11 Jan - 23:33

Yes this forum is dead ok.shame to be the second and last north east one gone down the pan.
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyTue 12 Jan - 11:23

dgr72 wrote:
Yes this forum is dead ok.shame to be the second and last north east one gone down the pan.

The club is still alive though that's the main thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyTue 12 Jan - 12:03

maca wrote:
dgr72 wrote:

The club is still alive though that's the main thing Very Happy

Yeh, we've just and moved house Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1589540927933001/?fref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1483836098600426/

cheers
Back to top Go down
EJ22 GAV

EJ22 GAV

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyTue 18 Oct - 19:50

Am still here bitches!!!
Al never leave
Back to top Go down
phil555

phil555

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyMon 16 Jan - 10:35

I still drop in every now and again. Agree though that the times of the forum have changed. Head over to the Facebook page as we are all on there nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Qwertyco

Qwertyco

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptyFri 3 Feb - 12:53

I still look in.
Back to top Go down
wrx/uk/ppp

wrx/uk/ppp

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12

Hardly any time with work and no scooby at the moment Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum has gone down hill    Forum has gone down hill  Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum has gone down hill
Page 1 of 1