North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
removing rear spoiler.. EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
removing rear spoiler.. EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
removing rear spoiler.. EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
removing rear spoiler.. EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
removing rear spoiler.. EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
removing rear spoiler.. EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
removing rear spoiler.. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
removing rear spoiler.. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
removing rear spoiler.. EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

removing rear spoiler..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jackywhite

jackywhite

removing rear spoiler.. Empty
PostSubject: removing rear spoiler..   removing rear spoiler.. EmptySat 12 Jun - 13:06

Apologies if this has been asked somewhere but is it easy to remove my rear spoiler (05 wrx)? PLus, will it pass the next MOT without the rear tail light?

I've had enough of the fuckin thing. What a chew on everytime I want to go up Hamsterley on me bike its put the roof bars on (ends drop against car, scratching door), put the cycle rack on (missing bracket/bolt, drops on roof), balance bike on rack (front wheel drops off when fixing, marking roof) etc.. I need good old boot rack. Either that or someones gettin a bargain scoob in the trader next week or a swap for a 110..

ta.

Longi
Back to top Go down
EJ22 GAV

EJ22 GAV

PostSubject: Re: removing rear spoiler..   removing rear spoiler.. EmptySat 12 Jun - 15:39

just unbolts but will leave holes in ya bootlid m8, lift the boot lid and look through the small holes and youll see the studs with nuts on, or they maybe bolts, av had both sorts lol!
Back to top Go down
pitchblack

pitchblack

PostSubject: Re: removing rear spoiler..   removing rear spoiler.. EmptySat 12 Jun - 17:00

You'll pick up a gl or similar boot of ebay mate, wont cost much and your not left with the holes
Back to top Go down
jackywhite

jackywhite

PostSubject: Re: removing rear spoiler..   removing rear spoiler.. EmptyWed 16 Jun - 23:18

OK thanks people, I'll ask for a gl boot on here and the other one whilst I get 2 quotes to weld and spray the lid tomorra.

One further question, on reading up on the spiolerleslelslelslless people the yanks seem to call it 'shaving' cos they remove the keyhole too. Does that mean I'll still (if only) be able to open the boot from the floor catch? Soz for the dumb question but I was once trimming a tree whilst sitting on the branch I was cutting..

ta.

L
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: removing rear spoiler..   removing rear spoiler.. EmptyThu 17 Jun - 8:56

Not an answer to your question, but I thought about going keyless a little while ago, but Ive knocked that little catch thing so many times getting clubs out of the boot (the one that makes the floor catch inactive) that I decided to leave it alone. I'm sure Ive seen somewhere you can take the chrome surround away and colour the slot....oh er vicar etc...
Back to top Go down
pitchblack

pitchblack

PostSubject: Re: removing rear spoiler..   removing rear spoiler.. EmptyThu 17 Jun - 14:37

you can remove the lock and put a motor in operated from an alarm to pop the boot, don't think you could do it from a standard alarm would need to be aftermarket
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: removing rear spoiler..   removing rear spoiler.. Empty

Back to top Go down

removing rear spoiler..
Page 1 of 1