North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

car wont boost over 0.5 bar

Go down 
+3
discodaz
baldy
BLACKADDA1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BLACKADDA1

car wont boost over 0.5 bar Empty
PostSubject: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyWed 27 Feb - 19:42

Came out of work yesterday and car felt flat. It's a bugeye wrx. Boost gauge was only showing 0.5 bar. When I got off the a19 I pulled over and popped the bonnet incase a pipe had come off or something but everything looked ok. When I drove off car was boosting to 0.7 bar then suddenly up to 0.9 bar which is about right as its more or less standard car. The rest of the way home was boosting to 0.9 bar no problem so thought it might have been a one off problem. But then today on way to work and way home did the same thing. Only up to 0.5 bar then after about 20 mins back to full again. Any one got any ideas???
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyWed 27 Feb - 19:48

The boffins will probs the answe for this 1.

Would u mind posting in the NEW MEMBERS SECTION and tell us all a bit about yourself were a freindly bunch and love pics..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyWed 27 Feb - 19:51

baldy wrote:

Would u mind posting in the NEW MEMBERS SECTION and tell us all a bit about yourself were a freindly bunch and love pics..

+1

We are a very friendly bunch on this forum and we love our new members to say hello first and show us their car if they have any pics - I am sure you will get all the help and advice you need once you have said hello to everyone first Wink
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyWed 27 Feb - 20:30

Mine does that,it's like it has no turbo until it gets upto temp confused
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
FINN
Admin
FINN

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyWed 27 Feb - 22:06

as said above ...

you shouldnt really be putting it onto boost until oil is upto running temp, which takes around twice aslong as the water temp Wink
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyThu 28 Feb - 8:08

But saying that Finn, it should maintain its boost at all times, regardless of whether its a good idea or not booting it from cold, shouldnt it ?

Before I knew any better, my car was up in the rev range within 500yds of leaving Deckers car park and stayed there most of the way to Bishop. It never faltered.

Doesnt it still point to him having an issue ?

Just curious.
Back to top Go down
BLACKADDA1

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyThu 28 Feb - 12:00

Normally I wouldn't be driving hard until it's had a chance to warm up but I happened to be straight onto the a19 and needed to accelerate hard on the slip road. As people have said above its not a good idea boosting when cold but the car should still be able to do it. This morning to test I started it up put my foot down out of the street and it hit full boost straight away. So I definitely think there is some sort of issue with it. Thanks for all the quick replies Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyThu 28 Feb - 13:42

Sound like you may have an issue with your knock sensor, have you done a fault code read?
Back to top Go down
BLACKADDA1

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyThu 28 Feb - 14:02

No engine management light and nothing showing on my (cheap eBay) code reader.
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyThu 28 Feb - 14:46

If you drive the car, stop, start the engine again does the fault return?

I am thinking it could be the knock sensor picking up a noise from the starter or maybe a heat shield rattle.then putting the car into limp mode.

You say you have replaced other sensors too???

Are all of your earth points ok, also check the connection (bolts are tight) on the fuse for the live in the under bonnet fuse box.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyThu 28 Feb - 17:01

Mine kind if does this but it does boost if you keep your foot down, so not sure if mines actually got a problem of if its just the car warming. Leaving it alone for now as I don't boost until the car is up to temp anyway(unless really needed).
Back to top Go down
BLACKADDA1

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyThu 28 Feb - 17:02

Sorry should have given a bit more history on the car. A few months ago engine management light came on. Error was cam position sensor failed so had that changed. Shortly after got a new error code which was rear o2 sensor failed. The car had been running a full decat exhaust and had NOT been mapped for it. When the sensor was removed it was totally black with carbon and looked like engine had been really over fueling. Had the CATS re fitted and new front and rear o2 sensors (front probably didn't need changing but was the original sensor and was full of black carbon too). Car seemed much better and was getting much better mpg. That was a few weeks ago but now have boost issues.
Back to top Go down
BLACKADDA1

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar EmptyThu 28 Feb - 17:08

Was just thinking , if the o2 sensors were full of carbon might the spark plugs be knackered too ? Might it be worth getting them changed anyway?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: car wont boost over 0.5 bar   car wont boost over 0.5 bar Empty

Back to top Go down

car wont boost over 0.5 bar
Page 1 of 1