North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook

Go down 
+4
Keiffy
natski
baldy
LouiHerbert
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LouiHerbert

LouiHerbert

Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyTue 12 Mar - 22:37

If anyone is in need of any advice or cheap parts etc then get yourself on subaru swap shop through facebook. Loads of decent people on there. Mainly Classic bits but their is some newage bits on there too. Heres the link......

https://www.facebook.com/groups/subaruswapshop/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/louimfc
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 1:10

Thats what NESF is about apart from here u know the people you are dealing with..sometimes u strike unlucky.but the majority are ok..facebooks is full ov idiots and chancers.i dont even go on facebook purely for that reason.
Sayin that theres always the small minority that do get on the forums and con people.luckily for the members on here the MODS tend to stamp them out
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 1:43

You will also find that things tend to go for less money on here cos were a bunch of pikeys..
Back to top Go down
Keiffy

Keiffy

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 6:37

I dont like the idea of swaps.....
Tends to be people who swap shite for shite.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 8:00

The other things about doing trades on here is 99% of the time the buyer and seller meet face to face, often surrounded by a bunch of other scoony nuts......lets just say there is a certain amout of peer pressure at work to make sure things are legit.
Back to top Go down
LouiHerbert

LouiHerbert

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 8:30

Yeah fair enough, this forum is safer for them reasons but there is alot of genuine people on the swap shop too. Also Im not sure why its called the swap shop either because rarely you see things being swapped. If you go on there you soon find the genuine crowd and who to confidently buy from. You may even know some of the people on there. I beleive it was someone off scooby net who created it. Im sure I have seen Jolly Green Monster and other known mappers on there too, if you not confident buying anything off there then fair enough but its a good page for advise too. I have bought and sold several things from there with no issues and I think Tomo has too
Back to top Go down
Hutchy1979

Hutchy1979

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 10:51

I'm not buying anything off there lol I bought a scoop before Christmas and am still waiting for it now with no sign of my money back
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 10:59

Hutchy1979 wrote:
I'm not buying anything off there lol I bought a scoop before Christmas and am still waiting for it now with no sign of my money back

affraid affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 11:16

Didn't u use Paypal Hutchy .. If so you can get your money back if it doesn't arrive.

This is why we have authorised traders Wink

Back to top Go down
Hutchy1979

Hutchy1979

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 11:18

It's my own fault maca I should of known lol most of them on there want u to pay by PayPal but as a gift card so there's no charges but problem is u can't get the money back
Back to top Go down
Hutchy1979

Hutchy1979

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 11:19

I did nic but it was sent as a gift card
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 11:37

Ohhh very silly unless you know who its going to Smile
Back to top Go down
LouiHerbert

LouiHerbert

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 12:51

Was his name Jay Lee? If so he has been doing all the forums and sites etc. I nearly bought some wheels and a spoiler of him but luckily I didnt. On the swap shop there was a comment about him and then around 100 comments below of everyone clubbing together and in the end someone found out his address and went knocking on his door. Im not quite sure what happened after that though and I think the comment was deleted. Its the same anywhere though, I have only just arrived at the forum and I wouldnt expect anyone to trust me straight away but soon enough you will all realise I'm genuine and that page is the same, after a couple of weeks you realise who all the genuine people are
Back to top Go down
Hutchy1979

Hutchy1979

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 14:17

I can't remember what his name was now mate
Back to top Go down
LouiHerbert

LouiHerbert

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyWed 13 Mar - 14:35

Was he breaking a red classic?
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyThu 14 Mar - 1:44

Loui you created a thread in there asking about chatter and there is a guy who claims to be a mapper who is running a 20G on a newage WRX (obviously a fooking idiot). He has also said that the VF series turbos are the same as the TD turbos because they have the same bearing affraid It's not actually the bearings that give up on the VF turbos when running dump valve less its the actual compressor wheel fins.
Feel free to create a thread on here asking the best and safest to create chatter and I can assure you you'll get the same advice I gave you on Facebook messenger Smile

Whatever you do don't create one on Scoobynet because you will just get trolled to death..
Back to top Go down
baldy

baldy

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyThu 14 Mar - 1:49

fookin scoobynet thats full of forum rejects
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyThu 14 Mar - 10:16

Hutchy1979 wrote:
It's my own fault maca I should of known lol most of them on there want u to pay by PayPal but as a gift card so there's no charges but problem is u can't get the money back

Regardless of how you sent the mney he still should have sent you the bits............he must be a fooooking helmet! Laughing

Back to top Go down
LouiHerbert

LouiHerbert

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyThu 14 Mar - 11:02

Yeah I take it back about getting advice from there, I dont think he got what I was trying to say. He couldnt give me the answer I wanted haha everything but.. Yeah mine VF is up for sale so fingers crossed it all falls into place. Still though, for parts I havent had no issues from it. Advice can be good but you get people like him who do your head in.
Back to top Go down
Hutchy1979

Hutchy1979

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyThu 14 Mar - 11:44

maca wrote:
Hutchy1979 wrote:

Regardless of how you sent the mney he still should have sent you the bits............he must be a fooooking helmet! Laughing

I totally agree lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyThu 14 Mar - 12:15

Shame not everyone is as honest with trading as we are and it spoils it for those who are genuine.
Back to top Go down
LouiHerbert

LouiHerbert

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyThu 14 Mar - 12:16

It is a shame
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyThu 14 Mar - 15:52

LouiHerbert wrote:
Yeah I take it back about getting advice from there, I dont think he got what I was trying to say. He couldnt give me the answer I wanted haha everything but.. Yeah mine VF is up for sale so fingers crossed it all falls into place. Still though, for parts I havent had no issues from it. Advice can be good but you get people like him who do your head in.

It's the same on Scoobynet bud you get a load of dickheads who go completely off subject and start ranting on about irrelevant bulls**t..
Back to top Go down
tomo

tomo

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyFri 15 Mar - 9:22

natski wrote:
Loui you created a thread in there asking about chatter and there is a guy who claims to be a mapper who is running a 20G on a newage WRX (obviously a fooking idiot). He has also said that the VF series turbos are the same as the TD turbos because they have the same bearing affraid It's not actually the bearings that give up on the VF turbos when running dump valve less its the actual compressor wheel fins.
Feel free to create a thread on here asking the best and safest to create chatter and I can assure you you'll get the same advice I gave you on Facebook messenger Smile

Whatever you do don't create one on Scoobynet because you will just get trolled to death..

I thought it woz me they just didnt like but more and more ppl i tlk to it just comes clear there just coonts lol
Back to top Go down
tomo

tomo

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook EmptyFri 15 Mar - 9:26

I no its off subject but loui wheels r done need pickin up at half 4 didnt no if ya fancied a drive thru wid me lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook   Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook Empty

Back to top Go down

Subaru Swap Shop on Facebook
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next